Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output Post 302763649 by Yoda on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 09:20:05 AM
Old 01-30-2013
Use nawk instead on Solaris or SunOS

Here is modified code with "No Result" added:
Code:
nawk 'BEGIN {
        print "|========================================|"
        print "|        Consolidated Report Status       |"
        print "|SI No   CHECKS          STATUS           |"
 } /^[0-9]/ {
        c++;
        print "|------------------------------------------|"
        printf "| %s ",$0; getline; s=$0; sub(/:.*/,"",s);
        if(s=="Passed") ++p; if(s=="Failed") ++f; if(s=="") ++n;
        printf " : %s |\n", s;
        print "|------------------------------------------|"
 } END {
        print "| Total Passed: " p "                      |"
        print "| Total Failed: " f "                      |"
        print "| Total No Result: " n "                 |"
        print "| Total Executed: " c "                    |"
}' filename

For color code have a look at this link use printf instead of echo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to parse through a file and based on condition form another output file

I have one file say CM.txt which contains values like below.Its just a flat file 1000,A,X 1001,B,Y 1002,B,Z ... .. total around 4 million lines of entries will be in that file. Now i need to write another file CM1.txt which should have 1000,1 1001,2 1002,3 .... ... .. Here i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasu.india
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the output in the tabular Format

Hi, I have a file which contains the data in the below format and need to develop a script which will give the output in the tabular format. Could you please advice me. Folder: Workflow: version . Workflow run status: Workflow run error code: Schedule time: Workflow run type: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data into tabular form

Hi I am having a file which is required to be presented in the under-noted output form. Please suggest. Input: Kapil: apple 4 banana 6 cherry 0 Manoj: apple 13 banana cheery 2 Output: apple banana cherry Kapil: 4 6 0 Manoj: 13 2 Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data in tabular form..

Dear Friends, I have a file as under : +++ ME 12-06-13 18:16:20 A RED FEW AND ROW1 1MN FEL AS HI FI BV LR TS HR ES MR * 0 13296 0 120 1 15 KS RR 10 0 +++ ME 12-06-13 18:26:20 A RED FEW AND ROW2 1MN FEL AS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output in the tabular format

Hi I want to display the following input data into the tabular format as shown in the output. Input.txt: Following jobs are in pending state for more than 10 minutes: JOB_ID JOB_SUBMIT_ID MAHAR 784308 PUNJA 109367 Following jobs are running for longer time: JOB_ID... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dats
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command output in tabular format

I have a grep command script which works fine and give the correct results but i wanted the output to be displayed in tabular format ? Is it possible to display the output in tabular format and as well direct them to some file. main script : #!/usr/bin/bash Start_Time=`date '+%m%d%y... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dispaying output in tabular form

hi, I have a script which is dispaying the output as below: Column 3:value1 Column 4:value 4 column 8:value 8 column 9:value 9 column 13:value 13 Column 3:value10 Column 4:value 40 column 8:value 80 column 9:value 90 column 13:value 103 However,I need the output in tabular... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies
Df(3pm) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   Df(3pm)

NAME
Filesys::Df - Perl extension for filesystem disk space information. SYNOPSIS
use Filesys::Df; #### Get information by passing a scalar directory/filename value my $ref = df("/tmp"); # Default output is 1K blocks if(defined($ref)) { print "Total 1k blocks: $ref->{blocks} "; print "Total 1k blocks free: $ref->{bfree} "; print "Total 1k blocks avail to me: $ref->{bavail} "; print "Total 1k blocks used: $ref->{used} "; print "Percent full: $ref->{per} "; if(exists($ref->{files})) { print "Total inodes: $ref->{files} "; print "Total inodes free: $ref->{ffree} "; print "Inode percent full: $ref->{fper} "; } } #### Get information by passing a filehandle open(FILE, "some_file"); # Get information for filesystem at "some_file" my $ref = df(*FILE); #### or my $ref = df(*FILE); #### or my $fhref = *FILE; my $ref = df($fhref); #### Get information in other than 1k blocks my $ref = df("/tmp", 8192); # output is 8K blocks my $ref = df("/tmp", 1); # output is bytes DESCRIPTION
This module provides a way to obtain filesystem disk space information. This is a Unix only distribution. If you want to gather this information for Unix and Windows, use "Filesys::DfPortable". The only major benefit of using "Filesys::Df" over "Filesys::DfPortable", is that "Filesys::Df" supports the use of open filehandles as arguments. The module should work with all flavors of Unix that implement the "statvfs()" and "fstatvfs()" calls, or the "statfs()" and "fstatfs()" calls. This would include Linux, *BSD, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Mac OS X, Irix, Cygwin, etc ... "df()" requires a argument that represents the filesystem you want to query. The argument can be either a scalar directory/file name or a open filehandle. There is also an optional block size argument so you can tailor the size of the values returned. The default block size is 1024. This will cause the function to return the values in 1k blocks. If you want bytes, set the block size to 1. "df()" returns a reference to a hash. The keys available in the hash are as follows: "{blocks}" = Total blocks on the filesystem. "{bfree}" = Total blocks free on the filesystem. "{bavail}" = Total blocks available to the user executing the Perl application. This can be different than "{bfree}" if you have per-user quotas on the filesystem, or if the super user has a reserved amount. "{bavail}" can also be a negative value because of this. For instance if there is more space being used then you have available to you. "{used}" = Total blocks used on the filesystem. "{per}" = Percent of disk space used. This is based on the disk space available to the user executing the application. In other words, if the filesystem has 10% of its space reserved for the superuser, then the percent used can go up to 110%. You can obtain inode information through the module as well, but you must call "exists()" on the "{files}" key first, to make sure the information is available. Some filesystems may not return inode information, for example some NFS filesystems. Here are the available inode keys: "{files}" = Total inodes on the filesystem. "{ffree}" = Total inodes free on the filesystem. "{favail}" = Total inodes available to the user executing the application. See the rules for the "{bavail}" key. "{fused}" = Total inodes used on the filesystem. "{fper}" = Percent of inodes used on the filesystem. See rules for the "{per}" key. There are some undocumented keys that are defined to maintain backwards compatibilty: "{su_blocks}", "{user_blocks}", etc ... If the "df()" call fails for any reason, it will return undef. This will probably happen if you do anything crazy like try to get information for /proc, or if you pass an invalid filesystem name, or if there is an internal error. "df()" will "croak()" if you pass it a undefined value. Requirements: Your system must contain "statvfs()" and "fstatvfs()", or "statfs()" and "fstatfs()" You must be running Perl 5.6 or higher. AUTHOR
Ian Guthrie IGuthrie@aol.com Copyright (c) 2006 Ian Guthrie. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
statvfs(2), fstatvfs(2), statfs(2), fstatfs(2), df(1), Filesys::DfPortable perl(1). perl v5.14.2 2006-06-25 Df(3pm)