Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Simple script not working- for loop Post 302763623 by pamu on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 08:37:55 AM
Old 01-30-2013
Use while loop instead...

Code:

while read i
do
sudo cp $i /users/jack/DRbep01
done</users/jack/system1-dr.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why this simple script, is not working ?

Hi everybody I want to create 20 file using simple script - listed bellow-. But the script doesn't work. I hope anyone guide me to correct this script ---------------- The script integer number=01 until (($number==21)) do >TELE-LOG-$number number=$number+01 echo $number done exit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: so_friendly
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple perl script not working

why won't below work? I am trying to see a)sipfile has username of the system. b)it will read the sipfile and do a grep function against the /etc/passwd c)it will save that output to /tmp/result.. but my script is just hanging... #!/usr/bin/perl -w open(SIPFILE, "</tmp/sipfile") ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH script not working?

So I need a script that does the following: If a certain user is logged in Run `command` Else Echo “incorrect user” This is my first stab...which doesn't work: #!/bin/bash X="user=`ls -l /dev/console | cut -d " " -f 4`" Y="foobar" echo $X echo $Y (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubleminus
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple cgi script not working

hi all, i have installed simple cgi-script under apache/cgi-bin directory hello.cgi #!/usr/bin/perl print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; print <<END_HTML; <html> <head></head> <body>Hello, World!</body> </html> END_HTML when i hit the url... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple LOOP script help

I am trying to create a simple ksh loop script. What I've pasted below is not working. Any help is appreciated. typeset -i count typeset -i tcount count=0 tcount=0 while $tcount >= 11 do print "\$count is $count" pwd ls -l sleep 30 $(( $tcount = $count + 1 )) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: musikman65
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple script to alert if internet not working?

Hi, I am constantly automaticaly downloading a few things on the internet but since my internet connection is unstable, it sometimes wont work. Thing is the internet will appear to be connected, but no website can be accessed and no program can successfully connect to any location. I can fix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuzzylogic25
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Simple while loop does not exit

spath="/home/user/k/${1}" dpath="/home/user/seq/Nov17/${1}" cd $dpath ls -1 $spath > list c=1 while read list newlist=`echo $list | sed 's/.gz//' ` newnewlist=`echo $newlist | sed 's/.fastq//' ` do echo $c echo $list c=$(($c+1)) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Script not working when added to cron[solved]

Hi I have written an email script in python which sends email to the given id. I have customized the script for generating space alert inside a shell script as shown below df -h /microfocus > /tmp/spacereport ## Filter the %usage to variable per per=$(awk '{if (NR==3){print $4}}'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Shell script not working in crontab

Hi Iam running below script in crontab but its not working. #!/bin/sh cd /Scripts /usr/local/bin/expect -f /Scripts/bng_backup.exp /Scripts/data.txt tar -cf bngbackup.tar bngbackup ;gzip bngbackup.tar when iam running manually the output file is generating..but bngbackup.tar.gz file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple sftp script not working - Please help

I have the below sftp script to transfer a file from a linux host(source) to another linux host(target). Public key is already set up in target host and I am able to transfer file using sftp from source to target. But not sure why the below script(ftp_script) is not working. Any help in this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Armaan
3 Replies
BF_TAR(1)						    Bogofilter Reference Manual 						 BF_TAR(1)

NAME
bf_tar - shell script to write a tar file of a bogofilter directory to stdout SYNOPSIS
bf_tar [-r] [-R] bogofilter_directory DESCRIPTION
bf_tar bundles a bogofilter working directory in tar format and copies it to standard output (your console, or where you redirect it, see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The -r option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files after the archive has been written successfully. The default is to leave log files. The -R option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files before the archive is written. This may reduce chances that the resulting archive is recoverable should it become damaged. The archive may be smaller though. The default is to leave log files. EXIT STATUS
The script exits with status code 0 if everything went well, and nonzero if it encountered trouble. EXAMPLES
o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter > outfile.tar Writes a standard .tar file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar. o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter | gzip -9 -c > outfile.tar.gz Writes a gzipped .tar.gz file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar.gz. o bf_tar `pwd`/mydirectory > outfile.tar Prepend $(pwd)/ or `pwd`/ if you want to specify an absolute path instead of a relative path. NOTES
This script is meant for use with Berkeley DB based bogofilter versions. This script requires a SUSv2 compliant pax utility. This script expects a SUSv2 compliant shell. Solaris systems should have the SUNWxcu4 package installed (when bogofilter is configured) so that /usr/xpg4/bin/sh can be used. AUTHORS
Matthias Andree Bogofilter 03/15/2010 BF_TAR(1)