Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script running in parallel failing! Post 302763429 by Panna on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 03:47:22 AM
Old 01-30-2013
Hi Don Cragun,

Well the script is fetching files from remote location to the local directory through SFTP. The script is correct because it still runs fine for some streams while it fails for others.
Code:

for sftp_file_name in `cat remote_file_list_1` #there are 30 file list fetching files from 30 different IP
do 
fetch_file=`sftp -b $batch_file $remote_user@$remote_IP`
done

fetch_file variable would be blank and the script fails to fetch remote file. Note that the remote system is not changed and if I run the script again individually (not when 29 other streams are running simultaneously) then it successfully fetches file from the remote IP!!

Please understand that I won't be able to paste the whole script Smilie but have posted only the snippet (while masking info about user, IP, etc.) where the problem occurs. I hope this is sufficient.

I assumed it to be more of a system issue than code issue and hence didn't post any code with it.......Smilie

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

running a parallel program

hi , i need to run a parallel program . for example; program1 { array=" the second program should called here : program 2" the execution should continue } the 2nd program should recieve an array of information as argument and it should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts in parallel

Hi, Iam having the scripts as follows. i jus want to run those in parallel. main aim is to minimise the time for overall execution of the script. now out.txt is having 1 lac records. script1(split.sh) split -1000 out.txt splitout ls -A splitout* > filelist.txt cat filelist.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
6 Replies

3. IP Networking

running servers parallel

I'm going to undertake a hardware refresh soon and I was wondering if it is possible to run two machines (X and Y) with the same hostname (but different IP addresses) on the same network? Server X is the original server and has an entry in DNS. Server Y is the new server and won't have an entry... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell script in parallel

Hi, I am a shell script which takes input parameters and performs various functions. My concern is, if we call the same shell script with different parameter values from different sessions, will the results be inconsistent? Are there any precautions I need to take inorder to avoid conflicts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamjam10k
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running jobs in parallel

I need to process 50 sqlplus scripts which are listed in a text file. I need to develop a shell script that'll read this file and run these sqlplus scripts. At any point of time, the number of sqlplus scripts running shouldn't exceed 6. If any of the sqlplus scripts completes successfully then... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gctex
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running for one iteration and failing the second one

Hi, I am using Tclexpect to automation testing on switches and using regexp and the buffer outputs the program is running well for one iteration and failing the second one... can anyone please guide me what is the mistake i am making? Thanks Here is the small version of the program, while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roh_20022002
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running uniq -c and sort -nr in parallel.

Hi All, I have a huge collection of files in a directory about 200000. I have the command below but it only uses one core of the computer. I want it to do task in parallel. This is the command that I want to run in parallel: sort testfile | uniq -c | sort -nr I know how to run sort... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running parallel process

i am having 4 process,have to run parallel and not after one by one. sample1.sh sample2.sh sample3.sh sample4.sh Thanks in advance. i (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script in Parallel

Hi Folks I have a doubt. I have a script which is running with 2 input parameters ./GetDSLnkCount.sh <jobnumber> Parmfile.txt I need to run the script in parallel for different jobnumbers. The commands are ./GetDSLnkCount.sh jnhuc14500 Parmfile.txt ./GetDSLnkCount.sh jnhuc14501... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running 3 shell script parallel in another shell script

Hi, I'm trying to do teh below thing. I have a single script which uses 3 different parameters to do 3 different work like belwo. test1.sh par1 -- it shuts down an instance test1.sh par2 -- it shuts down an instance test1.sh par3 -- it shuts down an instance Now I created a script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaski2012
7 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)