Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to decode text files?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to decode text files? Post 302763319 by Akshay Hegde on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 11:02:24 PM
Old 01-30-2013
Actually this type of data file is created by some mad people of our organization, I also struggled like you while interpreting datafile, finally I got funny answer from one big person that, in first section of AUBZ is created by old machines, and
Code:
2nd AUCE

is done in new machines, and finally what you need to do is whenever
Code:

like data read from
Code:
LSB

4 digit and split as
Code:
0 28.46

and whenever there is data like
Code:
0 374 (4th one is space)

separate
Code:
1st LSB

using
Code:

this actually told by that person...I don't know what to do...I am searching for help in fortran forum now...some people really don't understand...if you explain about datafile format they just want result....here my case also same...they need result..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please decode in English

Hello: Can anyone please decode this script in English. I have also made some comments which I know.. The actual script does not have one comment also.. #! /bin/ksh . odbmsprd_env.ksh #setting the env.. echo $0 Started at : `date '+%d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%S'` # what's echo $0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decode email

In pine email, when you receive an email with an attachment, the content of the attachment is incoded (content-transfer-encoding: base64). I am trying to write a shell script that will read the mail file, and it will save the attachment of an email to a directory. I want to do this by reading... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskarica
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto decode a value to different value

Okay, This is not something I've tried to do before, but what I want (need) to do is when a value is read in it gets changed to the value needed. I've been given a list of ids that I need to check against the ids I have in my system, but as is the case we don't have the same naming convention... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
2 Replies

4. Programming

Help to decode in perl script

Hi, I am having a file in below stucture: header { subheader1 { field1 : value field2 : value field3: value } //end of subheader1 subheader2 { subheader3 { field4 : value field5 : value field6: value } subheader4 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kallol
6 Replies

5. Programming

How to Decode an image using openGL

Hi, How to decode an image using openGL library libjpeg .. which are the steps needed to do this using C language.. actually my work is to decode the image, store it on the buffer, and place it on cube surface.. please guide me,,any answer will appreciated .. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
8 Replies

6. Linux

Decode the statement!!

What will the below statement do ?:confused: && { && {eval `/bin/setup 1`} || && { VAR="/tmp" } export $VAR; } (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnaux
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to decompile or decode an executable?

I have a file type of: executable (RISC System/6000 V3.1) or obj module not stripped How can I decode it? I know that this may be somewhat involved, but if you could steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gg48gg
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does this command do? and how to decode all other lines

Hello, I have an encoded file and I wish to see what is written inside. The first line is given below: eval "$(dd if=$0 bs=1 skip=69 2>/dev/null|gpg -d 2>/dev/null)"; exit PS: When I google above code, it says that command is use for encryption... Following lines include many strange... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Decode windows .dat file

I have received a file from a Windows server that in Linux hexedit shows the following first few characters. AA 18 3C 2B 60 56 03 00 00 01 01 00 The Windows program may have received this via RS232. I need to "understand" this on a Linux machine. Please suggest where I may start decoding... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alf Stockton
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Decode a file

hi i have this file : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <OnDemand xmlns="http://xsd.telecomitalia.it/Schema/crmws.entity.OnDemand" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://xsd.telecomitalia.it/Schema/crmws.entity.OnDemand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
2 Replies
TEXT2PS(L)																TEXT2PS(L)

NAME
text2ps - convert text files to PostScript SYNOPSIS
text2ps [ options ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
Text2ps reads the input files (standard input if none are specified) and produces PostScript code which, when fed to a PostScript printer, will print the files. With text2ps it is possible to select any font, point size and number of columns. Options and files can be inter- mixed on the command line. Options are effective for all following files until they are overridden. Options Here follows a list of options that text2ps recognizes. Most numeric arguments are significant to one decimal place. Options are evalu- ated from left to right. Later options override earlier ones. -# n Print n copies of each page. (Default 1.) -c n Print in n columns. (Default 1.) -f font Print using font font. (Default Courier.) -p n Print with point size n. (Default 9.) -v n Use a vertical spacing of n points. If the vertical spacing is set to 0, the spacing will be 1.2 times the point size. (Default 0.) -l n Print n lines per column. When the line count is 0, print as many lines as will fit. (Default 0.) -r [p|l] Set the orientation to either portrait mode (p) or landscape mode (l). (Default p.) -b [+|-] Set page break mode. An argument + will force new files to be always printed on a new page (this is the default). After - new files will be put on the same page if there are still empty columns and the number of columns, the orientation or the number of copies didn't change. New files always start new columns. (Default -.) -mt n The top margin is n points. (Default 63.) -mb n The bottom margin is n points. (Default 63.) -ml n The left margin is n points. (Default 59.) -mr n The right margin is n points. (Default 59.) -mg n The inter-column gap is n points. (Default 25.) -t [+|-] If the argument is + the name of the file being printed will be printed on each page. If the argument is - the file name will not be printed. -t + implies -b +. -T text Print text as title on each page. This implies -t - and -b +. This option can be switched off by specifying -t - or -t +. (Default no title.) -F font Set the title font to font. (Default Helvetica.) -P n Set the title point size to n. (Default 12.) -B n Draw borders around each page. The number n specifies how to draw borders. N can have any of the following values or-ed in: 1 Draw a line along the left of the page. 2 Draw a line along the bottom of the page. 4 Draw a line along the right of the page. 8 Draw a line along the top of the page. 16 Draw a line between columns. This line does not connect to the lines along the top or bottom. 32 Draw a connecting line between the line between columns and the line along the top. 64 Draw a connecting line between the line between columns and the line along the bottom. When n is 0, no border lines are drawn. (Default no bordering lines.) -w n Tab stops are set every n spaces. Set the width of the TAB character. (Default 8.) -1 Sets up options to print in one column in portrait mode with the Courier font, so that you get 66 lines on a page. Equivalent to specifying the options -c 1 -f Courier -p 9 -v 0 -r p -l 0 -mt 63 -mb 63 -ml 59 -mr 59. This is the default. -2 Sets up options to print in two columns in landscape mode with the Courier font, so that you get two 66-line columns on a page. Equivalent to specifying the options -c 2 -f Courier -p 6 -v 0 -r l -l 0 -mt 63 -mb 63 -ml 59 -mr 59 -mg 25. Together with the -1 option, this is probably the most useful option. The name - means standard input. BUGS
Too many options. There is no way to specify where the title will be placed. If the font being used is not a constant width font and there are other characters than just tabs and spaces in front of a tab, the next character may not align properly. TEXT2PS(L)