Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Incremental numbering?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Incremental numbering? Post 302763265 by neutronscott on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 07:45:13 PM
Old 01-29-2013
Is it always _v####?

Code:
mute@clt:~/temp/scribling$ ./script
cp XXX_007_0580_xxxx_v0016.aep new/XXX_007_0580_xxxx_0017.aep

Code:
#!/bin/sh

for file in *.aep; do
        ext=${file##*.}
        base=${file%.*}
        num=${base##*v}
        zeroes=${num%%[!0]*}
        num=${num#$zeroes}      #remove leading zeros, or it uses octal
        num=$((num+1))
        base=${base%v*}
        new=$(printf '%s%04d.%s' "$base" "$num" "$ext")
        echo cp "$file" "new/$new"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

numbering of process

:confused: How does UNIX handle the numbering of processes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tweety111
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Numbering!

Just a shot question... how to make 1,2,3,...999 into the form of 001,002,003....999 (3 digits) Thanks.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglemon
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering

I'm trying to do a script that will look for a log file if it is already there change the name to another name. I.E if log.0 is there rename to log.1 rename log.1 to log.2 rename log.2 to log.3 and so on. Only thing is I got no idea where or what is the best command to use for this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

numbering blanks

hello i'm trying to figure out how to number a blank line. For instance this : sed '/./=' file | sed '/./N; s/\n/ /' gives me 1 aaaa 2 bbbbbb 4 cccccc 5 ffkkkfff 6 ffsdfdfs I would like something like this: 1 aaaaa 2 3 bbbbbb 4 5 cccccc And so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering Lines

Hello everyone, I want get numbered lines from a file. and i can do it with: sed = file.txt | sed "/./N; s/\n/ /" | sed -n "5,7p" but the output that i get is something similar to: 5 line5 6 line6 7 line7 and i want something like this (with 2points after the number): 5:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibra
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering duplicates

Hi, I have this large file and sometimes there are duplicates and I want to basically find them and figure how many there are. So I have a file with multiple columns and the last column (9) has the duplicates. eg. yan tar tar man ban tan tub tub tub Basically what I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Numbering the rows

If I a list of components, is there anyway to number (like automatically have: 1,2,3,...) the rows of my data? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

incremental by 1

let says, i have this number as 000002080, i want to add 1 to make it 000002081, and then i want to add 1 to 000002082, add 1 to 000002083, 84. i=000002080 TOT=$(echo "scale=9; $i + 1" | bc) echo $TOT it shows 2081, i want to retain 000002081, 000002082, 000002082, 000002084. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with numbering a file

Hi, All I need to do is number a file. The file looks like this > JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ > JKJKJKKKKKKJJJ > MMMMYKKKJKKK what I want to do is number it so that theres a numerical value beside the >. >1 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ >2 JKJKJKKKKKKJJJ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering by field

I'm not really sure how to explain this but I will try. In the attached file if $4=$4 and $5="-" then the last record is 1 and the one above that is 2, etc... However, $4=$4 and $5="-" then the first record is 1 and the one below that is 2, etc... "-" example: chr10 90694830 90695123... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
Num(3o) 							   OCaml library							   Num(3o)

NAME
Num - Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Module Module Num Documentation Module Num : sig end Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Numbers (type num ) are arbitrary-precision rational numbers, plus the special elements 1/0 (infinity) and 0/0 (undefined). type num = | Int of int | Big_int of Big_int.big_int | Ratio of Ratio.ratio The type of numbers. === Arithmetic operations === val (+/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.add_num . val add_num : num -> num -> num Addition val minus_num : num -> num Unary negation. val (-/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.sub_num . val sub_num : num -> num -> num Subtraction val ( */ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.mult_num . val mult_num : num -> num -> num Multiplication val square_num : num -> num Squaring val (//) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.div_num . val div_num : num -> num -> num Division val quo_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: quotient. val mod_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: remainder. val ( **/ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.power_num . val power_num : num -> num -> num Exponentiation val abs_num : num -> num Absolute value. val succ_num : num -> num succ n is n+1 val pred_num : num -> num pred n is n-1 val incr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit incr r is r:=!r+1 , where r is a reference to a number. val decr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit decr r is r:=!r-1 , where r is a reference to a number. val is_integer_num : num -> bool Test if a number is an integer === The four following functions approximate a number by an integer : === val integer_num : num -> num integer_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds towards zero. val floor_num : num -> num floor_num n returns the largest integer smaller or equal to n . val round_num : num -> num round_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds off zero. val ceiling_num : num -> num ceiling_num n returns the smallest integer bigger or equal to n . val sign_num : num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 according to the sign of the argument. === Comparisons between numbers === val (=/) : num -> num -> bool val (</) : num -> num -> bool val (>/) : num -> num -> bool val (<=/) : num -> num -> bool val (>=/) : num -> num -> bool val (<>/) : num -> num -> bool val eq_num : num -> num -> bool val lt_num : num -> num -> bool val le_num : num -> num -> bool val gt_num : num -> num -> bool val ge_num : num -> num -> bool val compare_num : num -> num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 if the first argument is less than, equal to, or greater than the second argument. val max_num : num -> num -> num Return the greater of the two arguments. val min_num : num -> num -> num Return the smaller of the two arguments. === Coercions with strings === val string_of_num : num -> string Convert a number to a string, using fractional notation. val approx_num_fix : int -> num -> string See Num.approx_num_exp . val approx_num_exp : int -> num -> string Approximate a number by a decimal. The first argument is the required precision. The second argument is the number to approximate. Num.approx_num_fix uses decimal notation; the first argument is the number of digits after the decimal point. approx_num_exp uses scien- tific (exponential) notation; the first argument is the number of digits in the mantissa. val num_of_string : string -> num Convert a string to a number. === Coercions between numerical types === val int_of_num : num -> int val num_of_int : int -> num val nat_of_num : num -> Nat.nat val num_of_nat : Nat.nat -> num val num_of_big_int : Big_int.big_int -> num val big_int_of_num : num -> Big_int.big_int val ratio_of_num : num -> Ratio.ratio val num_of_ratio : Ratio.ratio -> num val float_of_num : num -> float OCamldoc 2012-06-26 Num(3o)