Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Not showing ifcfg eth0....redhat enterprise Linux 6.2 Post 302763149 by admin_xor on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 03:43:04 PM
Old 01-29-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Are you using the System Z version of RHEL?
Code:
The QETH network device driver supports IBM System z HiperSockets, OSA-Express Fast 
Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet (including 1000Base-T), High Speed Token Ring, and ATM 
features (running Ethernet LAN emulation) in QDIO mode.

I'm sorry, but I found this a bit funny. How is it even possible to install a System Z RHEL on x86 platform? Smilie

---------- Post updated at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:37 PM ----------

dearsumon, you probably have to contact DELL to check if they provide NIC drivers (for this model) for RHEL.

---------- Post updated at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 PM ----------

I'm sure that you have checked ifconfig -a output as well. If you have not selected networking during installation /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 does not get created. If eth0 shows up in ifconfig, then you have to manually create ifcfg-eth0 file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux eth0 incative

Hi there, I got a problem with my linux eth0. It worked well, just one day when i boot it, "Failed" to be active. The eth0 is inactive! I tried to use KDE network configuration tool to add the type of the eth card, I can't make it active. It gave me warning of "the eth card can't be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gusla
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Security Standards for Redhat Enterprise 3...

Hi all, Thanks for reading and any posts. Quick question, has anyone out there got any suggestions for standards of security for Redhat enterprise 3. We are making an RAC cluster Oracle application using Oracle 9i (hopefully moving to 10g sooner rather than later). Thanks again for any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

ifcfg-eth0 and eth1 is N/A

when i finish installed rhel 4.4 to my hp dl585 box, ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 is not available.when i ifconfig -a,i can not see the eth0 and eth1, only lo0 and si0. Unlike to the other server i found eth0 and eth1 files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/. what will i do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Python Installation problems on Redhat Enterprise Linux.

Hi All, I have to upgrade python installed on my Redhat enterprise Linux 4. I downloaded the latest python package from python website but not able to install the new package as the make command itself goes on running for more than a day. Can some help me regarding this. Is ther any method to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen H
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Redhat 5 enterprise auto kill script

hi all do i need to add rc. prefix on the stop script all the time especially on redhat 5 enterprise? like below ln -s /etc/init.d/rc.stopdb2 /etc/rc0.d/K01rc.stopdb2 and on the /etc/rc.local, i need to add this only touch /var/lock/subsys/stopdb2 Is that going to work? thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Login failed in Redhat Enterprise 6.2

When i finished installation the Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.2, and login to the system, I can't login although username: root and Password correct. I install on the Hp Blade Server. I don't know why. How to fix this error? who can help me? :confused: Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinhdangnd
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Eth0 not running in redhat 6.4

Hi guys, I really need your help with this. My network interface eth0 is up but not running. I checked udev rules and ifcfg-eth0 files to make sure the mac address are the same. It just would not come up. Please please I will really appreciate the help here. Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

9. Fedora

Redhat Linux Enterprise edition 6.4

Hi, please can any one tell me where can i download redhat linux 6.4 for training purpose? thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Redhat clustering clustat not showing info

Having an issue with clustat not displaying the rgmanager info eventhu all the of the cman started successfully. No fencing errors. all of the cluster.conf are the same on all serers ..etc. However when i run the clustat i only see this: Cluster Status for RESTON-LSMS @ Mon Aug 31 15:13:16 2015... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies
PPPOE-SNIFF(8)                                                System Manager's Manual                                               PPPOE-SNIFF(8)

NAME
pppoe-sniff - examine network for non-standard PPPoE frames SYNOPSIS
pppoe-sniff [options] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-sniff listens for likely-looking PPPoE PADR and session frames and deduces extra options required for pppoe(8) to work. Some DSL providers seem to use non-standard frame types for PPPoE frames, and/or require a certain value in the Service-Name field. It is often easier to sniff those values from a machine which can successfully connect rather than try to pry them out of the DSL provider. To use pppoe-sniff, you need two computers, a DSL modem and an Ethernet hub (not an Ethernet switch.) If the DSL modem normally connects directly to your computer's Ethernet card, connect it to the "uplink" port on the Ethernet hub. Plug two computers into normal ports on the hub. On one computer, run whatever software the DSL provider gave you on whatever operating system the DSL provider supports. On the other computer, run Linux and log in as root. On the Linux machine, put the Ethernet interface into promiscuous mode and start pppoe-sniff. If the ethernet interface is eth0, for exam- ple, type these commands: ifconfig eth0 promisc pppoe-sniff -I eth0 On the other machine, start your DSL connection as usual. After a short time, pppoe-sniff should print recommendations for the value of PPPOE_EXTRA. Set this value in /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf. If pppoe-sniff indicates that something special is required in PPPOE_EXTRA, please e- mail this to pppoe@roaringpenguin.com along with the name of your ISP and the manufacturer and model number of your DSL modem. This infor- mation will be collated and provided on the PPPoE web page for users who do not have two computers. After pppoe-sniff finishes (or you stop it if it seems hung), remember to turn off promiscuous mode: ifconfig eth0 -promisc OPTIONS
-I interface The -I option specifies the Ethernet interface to use. Under Linux, it is typically eth0 or eth1. The interface should be "up" and in promiscuous mode before you start pppoe-sniff. -V The -V option causes pppoe-sniff to print its version number and exit. BUGS
pppoe-sniff only works on Linux. AUTHORS
pppoe-sniff was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppd(8), pppoe(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), /usr/share/doc/pppoe/README.Debian.gz 4th Berkeley Distribution 3 July 2000 PPPOE-SNIFF(8)