Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output Post 302763135 by Optimus81 on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 03:17:48 PM
Old 01-29-2013
Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All,
I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form
Code:
1). Intercomponents Checking
Passed: All Server are passed.
======================================================================
2). OS version Checking
3). Component registered and running check
Failed:VerifyComponent:D01A : Some Component Not RUNNING. ATS 0/1 :
Failed:VerifyComponent:C01A : Some Component Not RUNNING. MTD 0/1 :
4). Verify Server Connection, for ATS/MTD/IDT components
Failed:ConnectionCheck:D01A : Gateway fail to connect to SAS server!
Failed:ConnectionCheck:B01A : Gateway fail to connect to SCAD server: u-!
Failed:ConnectionCheck:A01A : Gateway fail to connect to CSEH server
5). Verify Service Availability, for Z2ZS or ZDS/ZDZ or IDX/MDX or ALRX
Failed:VerifyServiceAvailability:D01A: Service IDD is NOT up.
Failed:VerifyServiceAvailability:D01A: Service DD is NOT up.
6). Verify Component Resiliency
Failed:VerifyResiliency:SH01: Service IDD(45002): Only HH07A(274) provide the service IDD. Please check HH07B(275)
Failed:VerifyResiliency:BH01: Service EL: No service provided.
7). Verify RMCmon component
8). Checking the Core file
Failed:ddFileGenerated:CD01A : 1 : 1485297 Jan 7 11:11

i tried to use some grep command to print the output file content in tabular form
Code:
grep '^[0-9]).' outputfilename
grep -A 1 -B 1 '^[0-9]).' outputfilename // this command didn't work since it's not GNU version

tabluar form should look like :
Code:
|========================================|
| Consolidated Report Status |
|SI No CHECKS STATUS |
|1)Intercomponents Checking : Passed |
|----------------------------------------------------|
|2)OS version Checking : Passed |
|3)Component registered : Failed |
|4)Verify Server Connection : Failed |
|5)Verify Service Availability : Failed |
|6)Verify Component Resiliency : Failed |
|7)Verify RMCmon component : Passed |
|8)Checking the Core file : Failed |
| Total Passed : 2 |
| Total Failed : 5 |
| Total executed: 7 |

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to parse through a file and based on condition form another output file

I have one file say CM.txt which contains values like below.Its just a flat file 1000,A,X 1001,B,Y 1002,B,Z ... .. total around 4 million lines of entries will be in that file. Now i need to write another file CM1.txt which should have 1000,1 1001,2 1002,3 .... ... .. Here i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasu.india
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the output in the tabular Format

Hi, I have a file which contains the data in the below format and need to develop a script which will give the output in the tabular format. Could you please advice me. Folder: Workflow: version . Workflow run status: Workflow run error code: Schedule time: Workflow run type: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data into tabular form

Hi I am having a file which is required to be presented in the under-noted output form. Please suggest. Input: Kapil: apple 4 banana 6 cherry 0 Manoj: apple 13 banana cheery 2 Output: apple banana cherry Kapil: 4 6 0 Manoj: 13 2 Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data in tabular form..

Dear Friends, I have a file as under : +++ ME 12-06-13 18:16:20 A RED FEW AND ROW1 1MN FEL AS HI FI BV LR TS HR ES MR * 0 13296 0 120 1 15 KS RR 10 0 +++ ME 12-06-13 18:26:20 A RED FEW AND ROW2 1MN FEL AS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output in the tabular format

Hi I want to display the following input data into the tabular format as shown in the output. Input.txt: Following jobs are in pending state for more than 10 minutes: JOB_ID JOB_SUBMIT_ID MAHAR 784308 PUNJA 109367 Following jobs are running for longer time: JOB_ID... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dats
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command output in tabular format

I have a grep command script which works fine and give the correct results but i wanted the output to be displayed in tabular format ? Is it possible to display the output in tabular format and as well direct them to some file. main script : #!/usr/bin/bash Start_Time=`date '+%m%d%y... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dispaying output in tabular form

hi, I have a script which is dispaying the output as below: Column 3:value1 Column 4:value 4 column 8:value 8 column 9:value 9 column 13:value 13 Column 3:value10 Column 4:value 40 column 8:value 80 column 9:value 90 column 13:value 103 However,I need the output in tabular... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies
AMTOC(8)						  System Administration Commands						  AMTOC(8)

NAME
amtoc - generate TOC (Table Of Contents) for an Amanda run SYNOPSIS
amtoc [-a] [-i] [-t] [-f file] [-s subs] [-w] [--] logfile DESCRIPTION
Amtoc generates a table of contents for an Amanda run. It's a perl script (if you don't have perl, install it first!). OPTIONS
-a The output file name will be label-of-the-tape.toc in the same directory as logfile. -i Display help about amtoc. -t Generate the output in tabular form. -f file Write the output to a file ('-' for stdout). -s subs Evaluate the output file name from subs, with $_ set to label-of-the-tape. The -a option is equivalent to -s 's/$_/.toc/'. -w Separate tapes with form-feeds and display blank lines before totals. -- Marks the last option so the next parameter is the logfile. logfile (use '-' for stdin) OUTPUT FORMAT
The standard output has five fields separated by two spaces: # Server:/partition date level size[Kb] 0 daily-05: 19991005 - - 1 cuisun15:/cuisun15/home 19991005 1 96 2 cuinfs:/export/dentiste 19991005 1 96 ... 103 cuisg11:/ 19991005 0 4139136 103 total: - - 16716288 In tabular format (-t), this would look like: # Server:/partition date lev size[Kb] 0 daily-05: 19991005 - - 1 cuisun15:/cuisun15/home 19991005 1 96 2 cuinfs:/export/dentiste 19991005 1 96 ... 103 cuisg11:/ 19991005 0 4139136 103 total: - - 16716288 USAGE
The easiest way to use it is to run amtoc right after amdump in the cron job: amdump daily ; logdir=`amgetconf daily logdir` ; log=`ls -1t $logdir/log.*.[0-9] | head -1` ; amtoc -a $log which will generate /usr/local/etc/amanda//daily/tape_label.toc. You may also want to call amtoc after an amflush. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8), amflush(8), amgetconf(8) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Nicolas Mayencourt <Nicolas.Mayencourt@cui.unige.ch> University of Geneva/Switzerland Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMTOC(8)