Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How do you setup 2 nic cards for squid Ubuntu server? Post 302763087 by DGPickett on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 01:35:33 PM
Old 01-29-2013
For just a caching server, you skip most of the steps. You resolv.conf (client config) points to the local host and the DNS can have the ISP name servers as root name servers. When it wants to know what is not cached, it asks them, and they tell it either the answer, there is no answer or where to go. Quick HOWTO : Ch18 : Configuring DNS - Linux Home Networking

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NIC cards for sunblade 100

I need to add a PCI NIC to a sunblade 100 running solaris 8. Im new to this and was hoping someone could give me some card names and models which will work for this system and has a driver for this sparc system. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyersp
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Setup 2 NIC cards in one UNIX system

Hi; I have a UNIX box (SCO 5.0.2) with two (2) NIC cards. One card (NIC1) talks to a network 57.14.65.x/27. The other card NIC2) talks to users on 57.14.103.x and 57.14.105.x with subnet mask of 255.255.0.0. If I set NIC2 to this subnet mask (255.255.0.0) it seems like the NIC traffic is now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaspanama
2 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

veritas and nic cards

Hello I have 2 machines with 3 NIC cards. When I setup veritas, I receive this message: e1000g1 has an IP address configured on it. It could be a public NIC on ken. Are you sure you want to use e1000g1 for the first private heartbeat link? As if e1000g1 should not have an IP address.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

routing issues with multiple NIC cards

I am running HP_UX 11.23 with 4 NIC cards (this is our TSM server) I have 4 subnets we are backing across. trying to keep traffic on their subnets. I only have one route statment should I add more. route add net 123.99.8.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 123.99.8.254 route add net 123.99.67.0 netmask... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: myork
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

External NIC cards not pinging with each other in RHEL 5.1

We have a setup of two nodes which has two NIC cards in each. One is built in and another is D-Link (external NIC card). We are unable to ping to the external NIC cards in both. Eg: Node A has two IPs 192.168.1.10 (eth0) and 192.168.2.10 (eth1) and Node B has two IPs 192.168.1.20 (eth0) and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP UX 9000 NIC CARDS

Hello, I am trying to move an HP UX from one locaion to another. The new location don't have any Fiber switches. On the back of my server I see 2 RJ 45 for console management the other for networking , the server also has a fiber NIC card. When I disconnec the fiber and want to user regular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldaliosmane
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Best reference for understanding low level info on nic cards drivers and functionality

Hi, What is the best reference that gives in detail on nic cards configuration , assigning multiple ip addresses to a single interface, netlink library etc and all basic stuff at this level..? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

squid proxy: one NIC for inbound & one NIC for outbound?

I am new in squid proxy. My question is how to (and if it's necessary) to set one NIC for inbound traffic (http requests) and one NIC for outbound traffic (http answers)? Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Help asap squid with 2 nic cards setup

I found an old post that talks about 2 nice cards and it is driven by the IP address .... but I didn't understand it because the 2 people skipped information for me the newbie.. Can someone help me... I have the proxy server setup and I believe I have enabled the 2nd nic card, I just need one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trilju2005
1 Replies
avahi-daemon(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   avahi-daemon(8)

NAME
avahi-daemon - The Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-daemon [options] avahi-daemon --kill avahi-daemon --reload avahi-daemon --check DESCRIPTION
The Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD daemon implements Apple's Zeroconf architecture (also known as "Rendezvous" or "Bonjour"). The daemon registers local IP addresses and static services using mDNS/DNS-SD and provides two IPC APIs for local programs to make use of the mDNS record cache the avahi-daemon maintains. First there is the so called "simple protocol" which is used exclusively by avahi-dnsconfd (a daemon which config- ures unicast DNS servers using server info published via mDNS) and nss-mdns (a libc NSS plugin, providing name resolution via mDNS). Finally there is the D-Bus interface which provides a rich object oriented interface to D-Bus enabled applications. Upon startup avahi-daemon interprets its configuration file /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf and reads XML fragments from /etc/avahi/ser- vices/*.service which may define static DNS-SD services. If you enable publish-resolv-conf-dns-servers in avahi-daemon.conf the file /etc/resolv.conf will be read, too. OPTIONS
-f | --file= FILE Specify the configuration file to read. (default: /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf) -D | --daemonize Daemonize after startup. Implies --syslog. -s | --syslog Log to syslog instead of STDERR. Implied by --daemonize. --debug Increase verbosity to debug level. --no-rlimits Don't enforce resource limits as specified in the configuration file. (See setrlimit(2) for more information) --no-drop-root Don't drop root privileges after startup and don't require daemon to be started as root. We recommend not to use this option. --no-chroot Don't chroot(2) the daemon. This option is only available when compiled with chroot() support. --no-proc-title Don't change the process name while running. Unless this option is specified avahi-daemon will reflect its current state and the selected host name in the process title. -k | --kill Kill an already running avahi-daemon. (equivalent to sending a SIGTERM) -r | --reload Tell an already running avahi-daemon to reread /etc/resolv.conf (in case you enabled publish-resolv-conf-dns-servers in avahi-dae- mon.conf) the files from /etc/avahi/services/. Please note that this will not reload the /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf. (equivalent to sending a SIGHUP) -c | --check Return 0 as return code when avahi-daemon is already running. -h | --help Show help -v | --version Show version information FILES
/etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf: the default configuration file for avahi-daemon, avahi-daemon.conf(5) for more information. /etc/avahi/hosts: additional static hostname mappings to publish in mDNS, see avahi.hosts(5) for more information. /etc/avahi/services/*.service: static service definitions, see avahi.service(5) for more information. SIGNALS
SIGINT, SIGTERM: avahi-daemon will shutdown. (Same as --kill). SIGHUP: avahi-daemon will reload unicast DNS server data from /etc/resolv.conf and static service definitions from /etc/avahi/services/. (Same as --reload) SIGUSR1: avahi-daemon will dump local and remote cached resource record data to syslog. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-daemon.conf(5), avahi.hosts(5), avahi.service(5), avahi-dnsconfd(8), avahi-set-host-name(1) http://avahi.org/wiki/AvahiAndUnicastDotLocal documents the problems when using Avahi in a unicast DNS zone .local. COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-daemon(8)