Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl and XML Parsers
Top Forums Programming Perl and XML Parsers Post 302763023 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 11:08:08 AM
Old 01-29-2013
There are a large number of XML-parsing modules available for Perl; some actively maintained, some not maintained.

One of the better ones is XML::LibXML which you can find on CPAN. It is basically a wrapper around LibXML.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML parsers for UNIX

Hi, I'm looking for XML parsers for UNIX! Thanks in advance Tim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timvant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

xml parser in perl

hi all i want to read xml file in perl i am using XML::Simple for this. i am not getting how to read following file removing xml file due to some reason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML:Parser help

I am very new to XML. Really I have an excel file that I am trying to read w/ Perl on a Linux machine. I don't have a mod for reading excel files so I have to convert the excel file to xml to be able to read it. I can read the file and everything is ok except...the Number style is being dropped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincaStar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML file using Perl

Hi All, Does anyone know how to generate an XML file using perl scripting? Thanks in advance. Regards, P AGARWAL (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl + xml

Hi there, I have need create and read (Handle) XML in perl, a lib with oop support. are you can present suitable library for this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
1 Replies

7. Programming

XML Handling in Perl

Hi there, I'm newby in perl and XML. I can read and parse Xml with XML-Node upper XML::Parser, but how can I create XML tags and pack my individual data in it then send through socket. PLZ lead me :) Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to improve the performance of parsers in Perl?

Hi, I have around one lakh records. I have used XML for the creation of the data. I have used these 2 Perl modules. use XML::DOM; use XML::LibXML; The data will loo like this and most it is textual entries. <eid>19000</eid> <einfo>This is the ..........</einfo> ......... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get all the xml tags in perl?

Hi, I have 2 questions: a) Does getElementsByTagName in xml takes more time? b) If it takes more time what are the other alternatives used to get the tag names? For example: <Student> <Studname>aaa</Studname> <Studno>123</Studno> </Student> This is just a sample data. The file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies
XML(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  XML(3pm)

NAME
CGI::XML - Perl extension for converting CGI.pm variables to/from XML SYNOPSIS
use CGI::XML; $q = new CGI::XML; # convert CGI.pm variables to XML $xml = $q->toXML; $xml = $q->toXML($root); # convert XML to CGI.pm variables $q->toCGI($xml); DESCRIPTION
The CGI::XML module converts CGI.pm variables to XML and vice versa. CGI::XML is a subclass of CGI.pm, so it reads the CGI variables just as CGI.pm would. METHODS
$q = new CGI::XML creates a new instance of CGI::XML. You also have access to all of the methods in CGI.pm. $q->toXML([$root]) where $root is an optional parameter that specifies the root element. By default, toXML will not return a root element. $q->toCGI($xml) where $xml is the XML you would like to convert to CGI.pm parameters. Values in the XML will overwrite any existing values if they exist. NOTE
CGI::XML does not currently handle multiple selections passed from HTML forms. This will be added in a future release. AUTHOR
Jonathan Eisenzopf <eisen@pobox.com> CONTRIBUTORS
David Black <dblack@candle.superlink.net> SEE ALSO
perl(1), XML::Parser(3). perl v5.8.8 2004-12-05 XML(3pm)