Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitor a script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitor a script Post 302762975 by dexdex200 on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 10:13:26 AM
Old 01-29-2013
If your requirement is to determine how long it takes the command to run then decide to exit whether it exceed 1 hr or not then:
Code:
starttime=`date "+%s"`
Command1
endtime=`date "+%s"`
interval=`expr $endtime - $starttime`

if [ $interval -ge 3600 ]; then
  exit
fi

# subsequent commands

You may have to explain further what it is you want to do if this is not what you are looking for

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help doing a script to monitor if files are go through

I am trying to do a shell script to check a folder and see if files are passing through. Now if a file did not pass through in the last 1 hour send an email. ftp----------> folder to monitor ----------->ftp Now the script that moves the file runs every sec in cron, so i do not know if i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathan184
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with HD monitor script

Hi, I'm new to linux and I'm trying to compile a hard drive monitoring script. I've seen a few on the internet and I've attempted to stumble through but I'm stuck at my while/do scenario. I assigned the variable NUM then took the percentage from my output and cut the % so it would be just a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crocyson
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor script

Does anyone have a monitoring script in solaris that monitors the drives in an exclosure? The script should be in /bin/bash or /bin/sh thnks again This should be for solaris 10/11 looking for something that tells me a drive is down or offline.:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor Values

Hi All, I want a scrip to monitor values which is the out put of a certain command. Example is $ for (( c=1; c<15; c++ )); do cmu -O HTA -d HTTP-PROXY.tswebpxmp5.$c | grep -i active; done HTA_STATS_htaStatsDef.ifw_stats.streamStat.activeStreams : 2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor a shell script called within a script?

HIi Guys... I am in a fix.... 1st the code : Script 123.sh looks like this : ./abc # a script which is getting called in this script while true do count=`ps -ef | grep abc | wc -l` if echo "abc is running sleep 10 fi done but the process is getting checked... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] Script to monitor logs

Hello friends, as they are? First of all sorry for my poor English. I tell them what is my problem. I have the following script, which is basically what makes error search for a pattern within a folder containing logs. The script works fine, the problem is that whenever I find a pattern of new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: romanrsr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor the services by script

I developed for monitoring the network connections among the branch servers as I given below as script.But I don't know how to monitor the services through network script whether the services is running or not. eg : I want to check the postgres service for all the branch servers through network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
0 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script monitor website wth default tomcat script

Hi all, on our application server we have the following script that monitor the status of the website, my problem here is that i have edite the retries from 3 to 5, and the timewait to 120 second, so the script should check 5 times every 2 minutes, and if the fifth check fails it must restart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
0 Replies
shishi_tkt_may_postdate_p(3)					      shishi					      shishi_tkt_may_postdate_p(3)

NAME
shishi_tkt_may_postdate_p - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> int shishi_tkt_may_postdate_p(Shishi_tkt * tkt); ARGUMENTS
Shishi_tkt * tkt input variable with ticket info. DESCRIPTION
Determine if ticket may be used to grant postdated tickets. The MAY-POSTDATE flag in a ticket is normally only interpreted by the ticket-granting service. It can be ignored by application servers. This flag MUST be set in a ticket-granting ticket in order to issue a postdated ticket based on the presented ticket. It is reset by default; it MAY be requested by a client by setting the ALLOW- POSTDATE option in the KRB_AS_REQ message. This flag does not allow a client to obtain a postdated ticket-granting ticket; postdated ticket-granting tickets can only by obtained by requesting the postdating in the KRB_AS_REQ message. The life (endtime-starttime) of a postdated ticket will be the remaining life of the ticket-granting ticket at the time of the request, unless the RENEWABLE option is also set, in which case it can be the full life (endtime-starttime) of the ticket-granting ticket. The KDC MAY limit how far in the future a ticket may be postdated. RETURN VALUE
Returns non-0 iff may-postdate flag is set in ticket. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_tkt_may_postdate_p(3)