Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How do you setup 2 nic cards for squid Ubuntu server? Post 302762967 by trilju2005 on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 10:07:38 AM
Old 01-29-2013
the maximum scenario would be 150 with max usage and the least 10. This is for a school Prek-12. I have squid with Webmin is that enough or do i have to download something else opensource? And I have no budget (private school with the one of the lowest tuition). Has to be easy for a layman to maintain.. if I leave. #3 will fit that? (Sorry..This has been the most confusing part of this process .. you say web proxy?) I have to have a proxy onsite?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NIC cards for sunblade 100

I need to add a PCI NIC to a sunblade 100 running solaris 8. Im new to this and was hoping someone could give me some card names and models which will work for this system and has a driver for this sparc system. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyersp
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Setup 2 NIC cards in one UNIX system

Hi; I have a UNIX box (SCO 5.0.2) with two (2) NIC cards. One card (NIC1) talks to a network 57.14.65.x/27. The other card NIC2) talks to users on 57.14.103.x and 57.14.105.x with subnet mask of 255.255.0.0. If I set NIC2 to this subnet mask (255.255.0.0) it seems like the NIC traffic is now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaspanama
2 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

veritas and nic cards

Hello I have 2 machines with 3 NIC cards. When I setup veritas, I receive this message: e1000g1 has an IP address configured on it. It could be a public NIC on ken. Are you sure you want to use e1000g1 for the first private heartbeat link? As if e1000g1 should not have an IP address.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

routing issues with multiple NIC cards

I am running HP_UX 11.23 with 4 NIC cards (this is our TSM server) I have 4 subnets we are backing across. trying to keep traffic on their subnets. I only have one route statment should I add more. route add net 123.99.8.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 123.99.8.254 route add net 123.99.67.0 netmask... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: myork
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

External NIC cards not pinging with each other in RHEL 5.1

We have a setup of two nodes which has two NIC cards in each. One is built in and another is D-Link (external NIC card). We are unable to ping to the external NIC cards in both. Eg: Node A has two IPs 192.168.1.10 (eth0) and 192.168.2.10 (eth1) and Node B has two IPs 192.168.1.20 (eth0) and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP UX 9000 NIC CARDS

Hello, I am trying to move an HP UX from one locaion to another. The new location don't have any Fiber switches. On the back of my server I see 2 RJ 45 for console management the other for networking , the server also has a fiber NIC card. When I disconnec the fiber and want to user regular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldaliosmane
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Best reference for understanding low level info on nic cards drivers and functionality

Hi, What is the best reference that gives in detail on nic cards configuration , assigning multiple ip addresses to a single interface, netlink library etc and all basic stuff at this level..? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

squid proxy: one NIC for inbound & one NIC for outbound?

I am new in squid proxy. My question is how to (and if it's necessary) to set one NIC for inbound traffic (http requests) and one NIC for outbound traffic (http answers)? Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Help asap squid with 2 nic cards setup

I found an old post that talks about 2 nice cards and it is driven by the IP address .... but I didn't understand it because the 2 people skipped information for me the newbie.. Can someone help me... I have the proxy server setup and I believe I have enabled the 2nd nic card, I just need one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trilju2005
1 Replies
MRTG-SQUID(1)							       mrtg							     MRTG-SQUID(1)

NAME
mrtg-squid - using mrtg to monitor Squid DESCRIPTION
Squid 2.3 knows SNMP and you can therefore use mrtg to monitor it quite easily. I have made some modifications to mrtg which simplify this. My work is based on earlier modification made by: matija.grabnar@arnes.si and kostas@nlanr.net. MODIFICATIONS
I added new code for displaying correct units to the previous patches "perminute" and "perhour" ("option" tokens), which allows other measurement in addition to "persecond". Then I created a new option token "dorelpercent" which allows the calculation of the percentage of IN-stream / OUT-stream on the fly and then displays it on a fixed scale from 0% to 100%. For my requirements, this does good work. Maybe someone wants a floating scale. It should not be a problem to implement it, too (but give me an option to keep my fixed scale). If IN-stream is always less than OUT-stream both lines (OUT-stream and relative percent) are always displayed on top of IN-stream bulk. Otherwise this option makes no sense. With this option you can display hitrates, errorrates (for router monitoring: rel. droprates) easily now. If you use this options please consider that you need a 5th colourname/value pair in your Colours statements! Due to some discussion on this list, I have implemented two tokens too: "kilo" and "kMG" "kilo" should contain the value of k (1000 or 1024), where 1000 is the default. "kMG" is a comma separated list of multiplier prefixes, used instead of "", "k", "M", "G", "T" on the MRTG display. Leave the place free, if you want no prefix. Also an incomplete list of OIDs for the new SQUID release is added. You may need to turn on snmp_port in squid.conf to as it is disabled by default. I hope you enjoy it. CONFIG EXAMPLE
First load the squid mib LoadMIBs: /usr/share/squid/mib.txt You can measure responsetimes in ms and display it with MRTG correctly with: kMG[measure-ms]: m,,k,M,G,T short[measure-ms]: s You can display now MB/s as 1024*1024 B/s with: kilo[volume]: 1024 Assuming you're not running squid's SNMP on the default snmp port, you need to include a port number in your target line: Target[proxy-hit]: cacheHttpHits&cacheProtoClientHttpRequests:public@localhost:3401 A sample config for squid: Target[proxy-hit]: cacheHttpHits&cacheProtoClientHttpRequests:public@proxy Title[proxy-hit]: HTTP Hits PageTop[proxy-hit]: <H2>proxy Cache Statistics: HTTP Hits / Requests</H2> Suppress[proxy-hit]: y LegendI[proxy-hit]: HTTP hits LegendO[proxy-hit]: HTTP requests Legend1[proxy-hit]: HTTP hits Legend2[proxy-hit]: HTTP requests YLegend[proxy-hit]: perminute ShortLegend[proxy-hit]: req/min Options[proxy-hit]: nopercent, perminute, dorelpercent Target[proxy-srvkbinout]: cacheServerInKb&cacheServerOutKb:public@proxy Title[proxy-srvkbinout]: Cache Server Traffic In / Out PageTop[proxy-srvkbinout]: <H2>Cache Statistics: Server traffic volume (In/Out) </H2> Suppress[proxy-srvkbinout]: y LegendI[proxy-srvkbinout]: Traffic In LegendO[proxy-srvkbinout]: Traffic Out Legend1[proxy-srvkbinout]: Traffic In Legend2[proxy-srvkbinout]: Traffic Out YLegend[proxy-srvkbinout]: per minute ShortLegend[proxy-srvkbinout]: b/min kMG[proxy-srvkbinout]: k,M,G,T kilo[proxy-srvkbinout]: 1024 Options[proxy-srvkbinout]: nopercent, perminute AUTHOR
Andreas Papst <andreas.papst@univie.ac.at> Dirk-Lueder Kreie <deelkar@gmx.de> Chris Chiappa <chris+debian@chiappa.net> 2.17.4 2012-01-12 MRTG-SQUID(1)