Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Accidently deleted /usr contents. Post 302762927 by Neo on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 08:45:14 AM
Old 01-29-2013
Yes, you can recover from your system backup.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab deleted accidently

I issued crontab -r accidently instead of crontab -e..n the crontab file got deleted.. is there a way to retrive it?:-( thank you:( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unisam
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Directory should not be deleted, But the contents can be

Hi Guys, I have an user's home directory set to /home/A And A contains the following directories B & C Is there some way in solaris by which i can prevent the directories B and C from getting deleted by the user but the contents of the directories B & C can be deleted ? Also i have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: localhost
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleted /usr

I accidentally deleted the usr on/. How can I start the server again? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
5 Replies

4. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Accidentally deleted s. link /usr/lib/secure/s8_preload.so.1

I have accidentally deleted the sim link: /usr/lib/secure/s8_preload.so.1 -> /.SUNWnative/usr/lib/brand/solaris8/s8_preload.so.1 and now I can't do almost anything in my Solaris 8 container. I still have an open session to the machine. I can not create the link again because trying to run:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qwertysas
1 Replies

6. AIX

Which files can be deleted in /usr in an aix hacmp node?

Hi Can ony one advise which files can be deleted in /usr in an aix hacmp node ? Im new to aix and Im not sure which files can be deleted ? #df -g /usr Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd2 7.00 1.00 86% 67013 22% /usr ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
4 Replies

7. BSD

NetBSD Accidently deleted crontab for root

Someone can told me where from get the default crontab settings of root for NetBSD 6.0 please :) ### SOLVED ### The default crontab rules are in etc.tgz /var/cron/tabs/root # $NetBSD: crontab,v 1.15 2002/11/27 15:09:17 perry Exp $ # # /var/cron/tabs/root - root's crontab for NetBSD #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: batence
0 Replies

8. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Contents deleted from /var/sadm

Hi, Somebody/somebody removed all contents /vat/sadm on Solaris 10 Sparc box. As of now server is up and running. There is no backup for this server. If we copy contents from another equivalent server, can it work ? We don't know if it will be fixed by booting form DVD also. Any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)