Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove white spaces from flat file generated from Oracle table... Post 302762907 by mgpatil31 on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 08:25:06 AM
Old 01-29-2013
Remove white spaces from flat file generated from Oracle table...

I have to export data from table into flat file with | delimited. In the ksh file, I am adding below to do this activity.
$DBSTRING contains the sqlplus command and $SQL_STRING contains the SQL query. File is created properly with the data as per SQL command. I am getting white spaces in the columns with its size. I dont want these extra spaces and reduce the size of file. How we can do it without using trim command?
Code:
     RETVAL=`$DBSTRING <<EOF
             SET HEADING OFF
             SET SPACE 0
             SET PAGESIZE  0
             SET PAGESIZE 100
             SET LINESIZE 9999 WRAP ON
             SET COLSEP "|"
             SET FEEDBACK OFF
             SET TRIMSPOOL ON
             SET TRIMOUT  ON
             SET TAB OFF
             SPOOL $OUTPUTFILE
             $SQL_STRING
             SPOOL OFF
             EXIT;
             EOF`

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 01-29-2013 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting white spaces in a file

Hello Guys, I am a newbie to unix. I am having a requirement. Please help me for finding a solution for this, I am having a file as mentioned below: $ cat shank ackca acackac akcajc akcjkcja akcj ckcklc I want to delete all the white spaces in this file, I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mraghunandanan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

removing special characters, white spaces from a field in a file

what my code is doing, it is executing a sql file and the resullset of the query is getting stored in the text file in a fixed format. for that fixed format i have used the following code:: Code: awk -F":"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove white spaces from the beginning an end of a string in unix?

Suppose, I have a variable var=" name is ". I want to remove the blank spaces from the begining and endonly, not from the entire string. So, that the variable/string looks like following var="name is". Please look after the issue. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix remove white spaces/tabs before & after pattern

Hi All, I wanted to know is there any way we can remove white spaces/tabs before & after some pattern { eg. before & after "," }. Please find below sample data below, Sat Jul 23 16:10:03 EDT 2011 , 12345678 , PROD , xyz_2345677 , testuuyt , ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
3 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Want a tcl script to compare a string in a file ignoring white spaces

Hi , I want a tcl script to search a string ignoring whitespaces in a .log file . It should correctly match . The string are as follows "Output-Maps 1 1 0 0 0" 1 and Active Intermediate-Maps 0 0 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kulua
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data is available or not in a flat file generated by Oracle

Hello, please help me an the below issue. i need to check whether data is available or not in a flat file generated by oracle (sometimes sql didn't any records) to overcome this. without opening flat file. Thanks....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Remove White spaces from teh beginnning from a particular row

Hi All, $sed -n "58p" sample 1222017 --- Its has to display like: 1222017 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamica
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle table extract: all columns are not converting into pipe delimited in flat file

Hi All, I am writing a shell script to extract oracle table into a pipe dilemited flat file. Below is my code and I have attached two files that I have abled to generate so far. 1. Table.txt ==> database extract file 2. flat.txt ==> pipe delimited after some manipulation of the original db... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List and Delete Files which are older than 7 days, but have white spaces in file name

I need to list and delete all files in current older which are olderthan 7 days. But my file names have white spaces. Before deleting I want to list all the files, so that I can verify.find . -type f -mtime +7 | xargs ls -l {} But the ls command is the working on the files which have white... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing White spaces from a huge file

I am trying to remove whitespaces from a file containing sample data as: 457 <EOFD> Mar 1 2007 12:00:00:000AM <EOFD> Mar 31 2007 12:00:00:000AM <EOFD> system <EORD> 458 <EOFD> Mar 1 2007 12:00:00:000AM<EOFD>agf <EOFD> Apr 20 2007 9:10:56:036PM <EOFD> prodiws<EORD> . Basically these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvip
11 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class - Create a SQL::Translator schema from a DBIx::Class::Schema instance SYNOPSIS
## Via DBIx::Class use MyApp::Schema; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect("dbi:SQLite:something.db"); $schema->create_ddl_dir(); ## or $schema->deploy(); ## Standalone use MyApp::Schema; use SQL::Translator; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect; my $trans = SQL::Translator->new ( parser => 'SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class', parser_args => { package => $schema, add_fk_index => 0, sources => [qw/ Artist CD /], }, producer => 'SQLite', ) or die SQL::Translator->error; my $out = $trans->translate() or die $trans->error; DESCRIPTION
This class requires SQL::Translator installed to work. "SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class" reads a DBIx::Class schema, interrogates the columns, and stuffs it all in an $sqlt_schema object. Its primary use is in deploying database layouts described as a set of DBIx::Class classes, to a database. To do this, see "deploy" in DBIx::Class::Schema. This can also be achieved by having DBIx::Class export the schema as a set of SQL files ready for import into your database, or passed to other machines that need to have your application installed but don't have SQL::Translator installed. To do this see "create_ddl_dir" in DBIx::Class::Schema. PARSER OPTIONS
add_fk_index Create an index for each foreign key. Enabled by default, as having indexed foreign key columns is normally the sensible thing to do. sources Arguments: @class_names Limit the amount of parsed sources by supplying an explicit list of source names. SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator, DBIx::Class::Schema AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-05-10 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3pm)