Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables question.
Special Forums Cybersecurity iptables question. Post 302762563 by dexdex200 on Monday 28th of January 2013 04:48:12 PM
Old 01-28-2013
You should insert another rule to block incoming traffic from the internet to port 3124 above
Code:
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3124 -j ACCEPT

eg:

Code:
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 3124 -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3124 -j ACCEPT

Last edited by Scott; 01-28-2013 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IPtables

Hey guys, I have just started using IP tables and was wondering if anyone could direct me to any good online resources as I am totally new to this. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 182x
1 Replies

2. Linux

iptables question need help

Description i used iptables firewall is a month,running is favorable.it is failed when i connecting to my server on time.the servers' web service and all ports did not connect.i remote login the other server and through intranet address login this server then i restart iptables .but through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proceed
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Need help with iptables

Trying to create a whitelist to limit bandwidth. My sync speed is 1536/256 kbps. Simple rules in order: 1. Do not limit (or set to 1536/256) MAC 00:00:00:00:00 (computer is in 192.168.1.0/24). 2. Do not limit (or set to 1536/256) MAC 00:00:00:00:01 (computer is in 192.168.1.0/24). 3. Do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kripz
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Iptables

What should be the iptables rule so that only the subnet 64.61.11.224/255.255.255.248 may access the mysql port 3306 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

IPTables question

Hope someone can help cus m really stuck. Im pretty good at making basic IPTables rules to get what i need done, but this one has me beat. I have only 1 Nic in my linux box , and its setup as a trunk to my switch. I have 5 vlans setup on it: eth0.1000 eth0.1001 eth0.1002 eth0.1003... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: UKShark
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with iptables

Hi, On the IPTABLES, I did iptables --flush. I want to start fresh. Now I only want two things. Allow one ip address to this server. Allow port 443 as incoming from every where. Please advice how to do this. This is what I did so for. iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -s 1.2.3.4 -j ACCEPT... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

iptables question

I have two programs, a datagram socket based sender and a datagram socket based receiver. The sender emits a short UDP message to 192.168.0.100:33333 every second. The receiver creates a datagram socket with a default port number (let's say it is 44444), clears the iptables adds the following rule:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrusse
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multi-table iptables Question

I have a question regarding IPTables packet flow, that I am hoping I can get an answer to. We have a fairly advanced implementation of IPTables that I am trying to convert into a third party product and I am not quite certain on the packet flow in the current IPTables implementation. We are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: knightfirefx
2 Replies
squid(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  squid(8)

NAME
squid - proxy caching server SYNOPSIS
squid [ -dhirsvzCDFINRVYX ] [ -l facility ] [ -f config-file ] [ -[ au ] port ] [ -k signal ] [ -n service-name ] [ -O cmd-line ] DESCRIPTION
squid is a high-performance proxy caching server for web clients, supporting FTP, gopher, and HTTP data objects. Unlike traditional caching software, squid handles all requests in a single, non-blocking, I/O-driven process. squid keeps meta data and especially hot objects cached in RAM, caches DNS lookups, supports non-blocking DNS lookups, and implements nega- tive caching of failed requests. squid supports SSL, extensive access controls, and full request logging. By using the lightweight Internet Cache Protocol, squid caches can be arranged in a hierarchy or mesh for additional bandwidth savings. squid consists of a main server program squid, a Domain Name System lookup program dnsserver, some optional programs for rewriting requests and performing authentication, and some management and client tools. When squid starts up, it spawns a configurable number of dnsserver processes, each of which can perform a single, blocking Domain Name System (DNS) lookup. This reduces the amount of time the cache waits for DNS lookups. squid is derived from the ARPA-funded Harvest Project http://harvest.cs.colorado.edu/ This manual page only lists the command line arguments. For details on how to configure squid see the file /etc/squid/squid.conf, the Squid FAQ and the documentation at the squid home page http://www.squid-cache.org OPTIONS
-d level Write debugging to stderr also. -f file Use the given config-file instead of /etc/squid/squid.conf -h Print help message. -i Install as a Windows Service (see -n option). -k reconfigure | rotate | shutdown | interrupt | kill | debug | check | parse Parse configuration file, then send signal to running copy (except -k parse) and exit. -n name Specify Windows Service name to use for service operations, default is: Squid -r Remove a Windows Service (see -n option). -s Enable logging to syslog. -l facility Use specified syslog facility. implies -s -u port Specify ICP port number (default: 3130), disable with 0. -v Print version. -z Create swap directories -C Do not catch fatal signals. -D Disable initial DNS tests. -F Don't serve any requests until store is rebuilt. -I Override first HTTP port with the bound socket passed in on standard input. -N No daemon mode. -O options Set Windows Service Command line options in Registry. -R Do not set REUSEADDR on port. -X Force full debugging. -Y Only return UDP_HIT or UDP_MISS_NOFETCH during fast reload. FILES
/etc/squid/squid.conf The main configuration file. You must initially make changes to this file for squid to work. For example, the default configura- tion does not allow access from any browser. /usr/share/doc/squid/examples/squid.conf Reference copy of the configuration file. Always kept up to date with the version of Squid you are using. Use this to look up con- figuration syntax after upgrading. /usr/share/squid/mime.conf (mime_table) MIME type mappings for FTP gatewaying /usr/share/squid/errors/en (error_directory) Error page templates SEE ALSO
cachemgr.cgi(8), ncsa_auth(8), pam_auth(8), squid_ldap_auth(8), squid_ldap_group(8), squid_session(8), squid_unix_group(8), The Squid FAQ Squid Web Proxy 2.7.STABLE9 2006-05-29 squid(8)