Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Superblock marked dirty
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Superblock marked dirty Post 302762245 by hicksd8 on Monday 28th of January 2013 09:36:56 AM
Old 01-28-2013
This is your clue................

Quote:
Run a full fsck to fix
To run an extensive filesystem check there'll be another switch to add to your fsck command which will then cause it to check everything (which a normal fsck doesn't do). Look at your fsck man pages to see what that switch is. It will probably take a while to execute.

(It's been a while since I was involved with AIX so can't tell you straight out but it's the same with most flagship O/S's)

This also may help........

http://archive.rootvg.net/cgi-bin/an...=2&zu=36313039

Last edited by hicksd8; 01-28-2013 at 12:05 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick-and-dirty g++ compilation

I am creating a small bash file that will take one argument and compile it: #!/bin/bash OUT=${$1%.cpp} # C++ source files always end in .cpp g++ -Wall $1 -o $OUT chmod 777 $OUT The error message says 'bad substitution', namely where OUT is defined. How to fix this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figaro
1 Replies

2. AIX

Can't mount showing 0506-342 The superblock on /dev/fslv00 is dirty

Dear All Last day in Aix 5.2 server by executing # df –g I found following: Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on . . /dev/fslv00 58.00 136.70 -135% 212103 1% /sprod After shutting down by following command # shutdown –h And when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xa52000
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to corrupt a superblock?

I need to corrupt a superblock of a mounted device in a soalris m/c and check recovery from an alternate superblock. How can this be done? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujathan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file marked unretrievable

Hi When i try to ftp download a file from a Solaris 10 server, it returns the error "is marked unretrievable" how can i get around this to download the file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arielgoldberg
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

superblock error

can anybody help me to recovermy superblock , the recent power crash has done some stuff on my linux redhat 9 box . when i startup the machine iam getting the following error: The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

6. SuSE

SLES11 - RAID6 all disks marked as Spare

Hello, After a replacement of the motherboard of my server, all disks belonging to a raid6 are now marked as spare. Is there any way to mark those disks as active and restore the raid6? $ cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : md1 : inactive sda1(S) sdk1(S) sdj1(S) sdi1(S) sdh1(S)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavix
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

GnuPlot-area marked by filledcurve

Hi ! I try to highlight data. therefor i want du emphasize a rectangle area in the background by filledcurves inbetween to limits. #Sektor Inden --> Anfang <--> Ende SIa(x)=212 SIe(x)=252 SHa(x)=64 SHe(x)=122 plot 'PATH/mete.txt' using 1:3 t 'WR' w l lt 3 lw 1 lc rgbcolor "#0000ff", \ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IMPe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a quick and dirty solution

I have a list of multiple versions of software. The list is formated as follows: NAME VERSION I simply need to pull out the highest version of each software, for example: Original File a v1.0 a v1.1 a v1.2 b v2.1 b v2.2 b v2.21 b v3.0 Output a v1.2 b v3.0 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Finja
13 Replies

9. Web Development

Mysql table is marked as crashed and should be repaired

140312 13:43:54 /usr/libexec/mysqld: Table './***/phpbb_posts' is marked as crashed and should be repaired Its mysqld.log in var/log alot of messages, but before around hour i tried to "repaid table" from within phpmyadmin, but appears it has no effect.. why? How to fix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Anybody want to talk about Dirty Cow?

Hi All, How worried is everyone about the Dirty Cow Linux exploit? Has anybody experienced attacks yet? From the research I've done it seems that the exploit is "reliable" (that is it works nearly every time on vulverable systems) which is not good news. We all believe that Unix/Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
3 Replies
NTFSFIX(8)						      System Manager's Manual							NTFSFIX(8)

NAME
ntfsfix - fix common errors and force Windows to check NTFS SYNOPSIS
ntfsfix [options] device DESCRIPTION
ntfsfix is a utility that fixes some common NTFS problems. ntfsfix is NOT a Linux version of chkdsk. It only repairs some fundamental NTFS inconsistencies, resets the NTFS journal file and schedules an NTFS consistency check for the first boot into Windows. You may run ntfsfix on an NTFS volume if you think it was damaged by Windows or some other way and it cannot be mounted. OPTIONS
Below is a summary of all the options that ntfsfix accepts. Nearly all options have two equivalent names. The short name is preceded by - and the long name is preceded by --. Any single letter options, that don't take an argument, can be combined into a single command, e.g. -fv is equivalent to -f -v. Long named options can be abbreviated to any unique prefix of their name. -b, --clear-bad-sectors Clear the list of bad sectors. This is useful after cloning an old disk with bad sectors to a new disk. -d, --clear-dirty Clear the volume dirty flag if the volume can be fixed and mounted. If the option is not present or the volume cannot be fixed, the dirty volume flag is set to request a volume checking at next mount. -h, --help Show a list of options with a brief description of each one. -n, --no-action Do not write anything, just show what would have been done. -V, --version Show the version number, copyright and license BUGS
There are no known problems with ntfsfix. If you find a bug please send an email describing the problem to the development team: ntfs-3g-devel@lists.sf.net AUTHORS
ntfsfix was written by Anton Altaparmakov, with contributions from Szabolcs Szakacsits. It was ported to ntfs-3g by Erik Larsson and Jean- Pierre Andre. AVAILABILITY
ntfsfix is part of the ntfs-3g package and is available from: http://www.tuxera.com/community/ SEE ALSO
mkntfs(8), ntfsprogs(8) ntfs-3g 2017.3.23 January 2013 NTFSFIX(8)