Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to extract all columns except the last few from a txt file Post 302761953 by madrazzii on Sunday 27th of January 2013 01:54:23 PM
Old 01-27-2013
Thank you. But i still get my target text file with the multiple rows from source file in one row in target file. i checked to see if the word wrap option is disabled and i doesn't make a difference.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to list .txt and .TXT file

Hi expersts, in my directory i have *.txt and *.TXT and *.TXT.log, *.txt.log I want list only .txt and .TXT files in one command... how to ?? //purple (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding EMPTY columns to Tab-delimited txt file

Hi I have a txt file with 4 columns where I need to add 4 empty columns in the middle meaning that I need what is currently column 4 to be column 8 in a new file. The idea is that I have to use the file as input in a program that reads the data in column 1 and 8, so the content of the other... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Banni
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract from txt file

I have data as follow in the txt file. I want to skip line starting with '#' sign. #command program abc defmt exp refmt ... ... I want to store abc exp .... in a array. I want to store defmt refmt in a array I need command to read each line in the file. I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekb
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract columns from command output

I need to extract information (for example, file owner, directory path, etc). However, the code below does not work? What is wrong? find /usr/local/www/apache22/data/dev/chown_test -ls for i in * do cut -f 1,2 "$i" | echo done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: montana24
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract numbers from .txt file

I need to extract all the p-value numbers and the rho numbers from a .txt file and write them as coma separated values in a new file. Ideally I would get two files in the end, one for p- values and one for rho. Any suggestions? I appreciate your help!!! The .txt file looks essentially like this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eggali
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To transpose columns + edit in a txt file

Hi, I have a txt file that looks like log2FoldChange Ontology_term 8.50624450251828 GO:0003700,GO:0003707,GO:0005634,GO:0006355,GO:0043401,GO:0003700,GO:0005634,GO:0006355,GO:0008270,GO:0043565 7.03936870356684 GO:0005515,GO:0008080 6.49606183738682 6.49525073909629 GO:0005515... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisrpp
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script extract text from txt file with grep

All, I require a script that grabs some text from the gitHub API and will grep (or other function) for a string a characters that starts with (") quotes followed by two letters, may contain a pipe |, and ending with ) . What i have so far is below but it's not returning anything. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from txt file

Hello! I need help :) I have a file like this: AA BC FG RF TT GH DD FF HH (a few number of rows and three columns) and I want to put the letters of each column in a variable step by step in order to give them as input in another script. So I would like to obtain: for the 1° loop:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: edekP
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Columns in one file and extract columns from another file

Kindly help merging information from two files with the following data structure. I want to match for the CHR-SNP in Foo and get the columns that match from CHROM-rsID Fields 1 & 2 of foo may have duplicates, however, a joint key of Fields $1$2$3$4 is unique. Also would be helpful to clean up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To extract values after the maximum value in a txt file

Hello, I'm new to scripting and I need to write a bash script. Here is example of file on which I'm working: 0.3092381 0.3262799 0.3425480 0.3578379 0.3719490 0.3846908 0.3958855 0.4053738 0.4130160 0.4186991 0.4223357 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeo_fb
1 Replies
MAKE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MAKE(1)

NAME
make - a program for maintaining large programs SYNOPSIS
make [-f file] [-iknpqrst] [option] ... [target] OPTIONS
-f Use file as the makefile -i Ignore status returned by commands -k On error, skip to next command -n Report, but do not execute -p Print macros and targets -q Question up-to-dateness of target -r Rule inhibit; do not use default rules -s Silent mode -t Touch files instead of making them EXAMPLES
make kernel # Make kernel up to date make -n -f mfile # Tell what needs to be done DESCRIPTION
Make is a program that is normally used for developing large programs consisting of multiple files. It keeps track of which object files depend on which source and header files. When called, it does the minimum amount of recompilation to bring the target file up to date. The file dependencies are expected in makefile or Makefile , unless another file is specified with -f. Make has some default rules built in, for example, it knows how to make .s files from .c files. Here is a sample makefile . d=/user/ast # d is a macro program: head.s tail.s# program depends on these cc -o program head.s tail.s# tells how to make program echo Program done. # announce completion head.s: $d/def.h head.c # head.s depends on these tail.s: $d/var.h tail.c # tail.s depends on these A complete description of make would require too much space here. Many books on UNIX discuss make . Study the numerous Makefiles in the MINIX source tree for examples. SEE ALSO
cc(1). MAKE(1)