Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rootvg in read only state
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Rootvg in read only state Post 302761607 by solaris_1977 on Saturday 26th of January 2013 06:00:35 AM
Old 01-26-2013
Rootvg in read only state

It was ASR, which rebooted server. Now I am able to bring server up.
- Remounted root fs as rw
- commented all file-systems coming from SAN from /etc/fstab
- Rebooted server
- Uncommented SAN fs and mounted all file-system manually.
But still need to check an issue. If I give a clean reboot, it again stops for maintenance and I have to follow above process. I have attached screenshot for referance. Console is in GUI, so can not copy output, so attaching screenshot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I am able to get some more information, which it went into file not found for lv, while booting. I think, there is something not standard in /etc/fstab. Here is the copy
Code:
[root@tlprd_spc05 ]# cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    noatime,defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext2    noatime,defaults        1 2
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
LABEL=SW-cciss/c0d0p3   swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/vg_local/lv_oel5u7_dump                     /oel5u7                           ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_local/lv_opt_simpana                     /opt/simpana                      ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_tssd/lv_tss                              /tss                              ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_tssd/lv_tss_apps                         /tss/apps                         ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_tssd/lv_tss_oracle_oradata_TSSD          /tss/oracle/oradata/TSSD          ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_tssd/lv_tss_oracle_product_11.2.0_TSSD   /tss/oracle/product/11.2.0/TSSD   ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_tssq/lv_tss_oracle_oradata_TSSQ          /tss/oracle/oradata/TSSQ          ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_tssq/lv_tss_oracle_product_11.2.0_TSSQ   /tss/oracle/product/11.2.0/TSSQ   ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_u01_oracle/lv_u01_oracle                 /u01/oracle                       ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_u01_oracle/lv_u01_oracle_export          /u01/oracle/export                ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_u01_oracle/lv_u01_oracle_housekeeping    /u01/oracle/housekeeping          ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_u01_oracle/lv_u01_oracle_product_11.2.0  /u01/oracle/product/11.1.0        ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_oe9d/lv_tss_oracle_oradata_OE9D          /tss/oracle/oradata/OE9D          ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2
/dev/vg_oe9d/lv_tss_oracle_product_11.2.0_OE9D   /tss/oracle/product/11.2.0/OE9D   ext3 noatime,defaults 1 2

I think, while server is coming up, OS started finding logical volumes from SAN. Since HBA may be completely intialised till that time and it resulted in throwing error below
Code:
fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/vg_vg_tssd/lv_tss

What can be best to avoid this issue, if I reboot the box again. Please suggest.
Rootvg in read only state-server_mount_issuejpg

Last edited by solaris_1977; 01-28-2013 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: Found more infomration

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

2. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

Anyone know how to access rootvg?

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with an AIX system here. I have no experience with system administration of IBM stuff. Our local admin is ... um ... not available at this time. I found something online that said enter service mode - How the heck do I do that??? Why is IBM stuff lack proper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. AIX

extendvg and rootvg

When attempting to extend rootvg to a new physical disk I received the following message: 0516-1162 extendvg: Warning, The Physical Partition Size of 64 requires the creation of 1093 partitions for hdisk5. The limitation for volume group rootvg is 1016 physical partitions... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

5. AIX

mirroring rootvg

I would like to konw wheather below steps are sufficient for mirroring rootvg. extendvg rootvg hdisk1 mirrorvg rootvg bootlist -m normal hdisk0 hdisk1 bosboot -ad hdisk0 bosboot -ad hdisk1 or anything needs to be added. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris rootvg backup

Guy's how can we take rootvg bakup in soraris .. Please let me know the command Pls advice . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
5 Replies

7. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

8. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

9. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies