Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help on ps tree listing command - Linux/Solaris Post 302761475 by newbie_01 on Friday 25th of January 2013 04:28:38 PM
Old 01-25-2013
Hi,

Had checked on pstree but I don't have the time stuff

---------- Post updated at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:27 PM ----------

Thanks MadeInGermany,

I will have a test on this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the command for listing the device specs in solaris

Im looking to get the statistics on a machine memory, cpu speed drive size etc thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplimarvelous
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to find the total size of a dirctory tree in Solaris

Hi, I want to find the total size of some directory trees in my solaris 9 machine. Is there a command or utility I can use to do it. Please let me know if there is any way. Thanks Akheel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Not able to copy the tree node text in solaris, while easily done in window

I m not able to copy the text present on the tree's node to terminal or other text editor in solaris. I m using <Shift><control> C and V comaand for the same but the text is not being copied and pasted on the text pad or the terminal window. While the same is possible in windows OS using ctrl+c... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: friendanoop
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tree command

In DOS, to get the complete directory structure, we use 'TREE' command.. can anyone tell me what is the equivalent command in Unix I am using SunOS ABC 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Install tree for Solaris 10

I'm an trying to install U6 on Xen in Opensolaris. I would like to make this VM para-virtualized to maximize performance but it requires an install tree. I'm not real familiar with an install tree. I can use full virtualization and use an .iso which I have without issues but I would like to use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
1 Replies

6. Programming

How to modify all Makefiles in a source tree into linux environment

Hi Frndz, I am new to the makefile generation. I have a source code which contains makefiles in each sub-directories. Previously we have used the entire source code in Dtbuild environment to get the executables. Now have to change the current Dtbuild environment to Linux build... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: korraag
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tree command

How can i install tree command in ubundu without root ? I have found some shell script which does the same job as tree but i would like to get all the options in tree command thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find directory listing from root to all files in tree format with details of perm/own/grp?

Hi, My apologies if my query is already available on this forum but I am new and could not find. I need a script to list all directories/sub directories and files with permissions/groups/owners. The script would run from home directory and should capture every directory. How do I do this? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 8709711
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Port listing Solaris and Linux

I'd like to list all ports and the services allocated to them: 1) What commands will do this on Solaris 10 and Linux? 2) Is there a file containing the port/service mapping? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: squrcles
1 Replies
GURU(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   GURU(8)

NAME
guru - System administration SYNOPSIS
guru [ -e program ] [ -f ] [ -p target ] DESCRIPTION
guru is a sophisticated program synthesis and system maintenance tool developed after midnight in numerous university computing labs. It is based on the famous LISP Hacker system, used to develop AI programs on TENEX. guru reads a problem description from the standard input. An innovative and occasionally correct solution is generated and written to the standard output. Typically, guru is invoked repeatedly until an acceptable solution is generated or the user community has learned to live with the problem. The bugreport mechanism sometimes invokes guru. In this case guru executes at a priority inversely proportional to the reported urgency of the bug. Feature enhancements run at high priority whereas critical problems are fixed only when the machine would otherwise be idle. If the standard input is empty, guru uses its program synthesis capabilities to generate a selection of screen editors, X widgets, compil- ers, sundry games and the occasional diatribe. OPTIONS
-e program New features are added to an existing program. This option should be used with caution as the enhanced program may behave unpre- dictably or not at all. -f Reconstructs filesystems after a crash. -p target Ports the entire system on which guru is executing to target, preferably a RISC machine. This is an extremely time consuming oper- ation and is not guaranteed to terminate. If more than one option is specified, guru may thrash. Each copy of guru has its own set of unique, additional and undocumented options. SEE ALSO
YAPS: Yet another Program Synthesiser by S C Johnson. NOTES
Inherent design limitations prevent guru from synthesising comments. The programs generated are undocumented. The lucidity, politeness, relevance and language of the occasional diatribe vary considerably. The only diagnostic is an occasional ``I deserve a raise'' - which may be ignored albeit doing so may provoke ``I resign'' - an unrecover- able error. Sending the output of one guru into another can produce quite startling results. UNIX Programmer's Manual GURU(8)