Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Difference between opengl es and directfb Post 302760949 by alexzander18 on Thursday 24th of January 2013 11:00:48 PM
Old 01-25-2013
Difference between opengl es and directfb

i dont know in which forum to ask this question ..... Smilie . pardon me if it is not this forum
i wanted to know difference between openGL ES and directfb
as far i know directfb is alternative to x11 in linux for embedded devices. something like ...

application
|
Directfb
|
kernel
|
hardware

where does openGL -ES stand in above structure . is it similar to directfb. if so which one is better ?
thx in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Problem with initializing DirectFB by Links

DirectFB-0.9.20 is compiled --with-gfxdrivers=all links-2.1pre15 is compiled with --enable-graphics there is a problem when I am trying to run Links using DirectFB video driver may be my DirectFBs config is not right? video by framebuffer or X works successfully (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugrus
0 Replies

2. Linux

Help with OpenGL in Fedora Core 4.

I'm pretty much new to this Linux stuff, I installed FC4 the other night to try it out. I'm having a slight problem when launching Quake 3, it's giving me the error GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem I've updated my video drivers to the latest version and went through fglrxconfig,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filth Pig
3 Replies

3. AIX

Need to install opengl for GXT4500.

Hi, I try to install opengl bat it give a error that i need the opengl base level fileset 5.3.0.0 I use AIX 5.3 and my oslevel is now 5300-03. Where can i find the opengl files i need (5.3.0.0)? Thanks Peter. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xeonbb
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

DirectFb installation & accelerator not recognised

Hi, I installed DirectFb on fedora 7, the machine has a Nvidia graphics card. The installation was successful and I can play the examples provided by the Direct fb website, but, I find that the accelarator is not getting recognised. when I do "fbset -i", the details shown are as below, it gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sifar
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

i am new to opengl , how to work opengl in ubuntu

Hi, i am new to opengl, how to work openGL in ubuntu ,, i am not getting which packages as to be install and how to install those packages. and how to work with small programs.. Please guide me ,,, it will appriceated ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
7 Replies

6. Ubuntu

How to install Directfb

Hi,, i followed some steps to install Directfb which are below,, tar -xvf DirectFB-1.2.8.tar.gz tar -xvf linux-fusion-8.1.1.tar.gz tar -xvf DirectFB-Examples-1.2.0.tar.gz cd linux-fusion-8.1.1 make && sudo make install sudo su - echo fusion >> /etc/initramfs-tools/modules ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Linux

Error while executing Directfb program on ubuntu

Hi , I am getting error while executing Directfb program on ubuntu ,, my program is : #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <directfb.h> static IDirectFB *dfb = NULL; static IDirectFBSurface *primary = NULL; static int screen_width = 0; static int screen_height... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How to draw cylinder using openGL

Hi Sir, i am new to openGL, i want to know how to draw cylinder using openGL code in C or C++.. And i have to insert bitmap images on cylinder.. How to do this .. please guide me ... Thanking You in advance .. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. Programming

How to Decode an image using openGL

Hi, How to decode an image using openGL library libjpeg .. which are the steps needed to do this using C language.. actually my work is to decode the image, store it on the buffer, and place it on cube surface.. please guide me,,any answer will appreciated .. (8 Replies)
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 8 and openGL

Hi everybody, Sorry to bother you one more time, but I have a problem with my Solaris 8 installation. Actually, Solaris works well, I can start X and access my desktop (CDE), but I'm having troubles using Cadds (a CAO software). Cadds works, but the 3D visualization is very slow compare to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firstpost
4 Replies
LIBPLAYER-TEST(1)					      General Commands Manual						 LIBPLAYER-TEST(1)

NAME
libplayer-test - a test media player utility which uses libplayer SYNOPSIS
libplayer-test [options ...] [files ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the libplayer-test command. libplayer-test is a command-line media player which uses libplayer as a backend. It is mainly used to test and exercise libplayer capabili- ties. OPTIONS
-h --help this help -p --player <player> specify the player (mplayer|xine|vlc|gstreamer) -a --audio <audioout> specify the audio output (alsa|oss|pulse|null) -g --video <videoout> specify the video output (x11|sdl:x11|xv|gl|vdpau|fb|directfb|vaapi|null) -g --quality <level> specify the picture quality (0|1|2, best to worse) -v --verbose increase verbosity Default values are dummy player, auto video and auto audio output. Commands to use libplayer-test: # change playback mode (auto or single) . change loop value and mode , enable/disable shuffle on the playlist % write a text on the OSD k enable/disable OSD +/- increase/decrease speed ]/[ audio delay +/- 100 ms 0/9 increase/decrease volume m set/unset mute 2/1 5s forward/backward 3/4 previous/next audio track 5/6 previous/next subtitle 7/8 previous/next TV analog channel {/} previous/next radio channel (/) previous/next chapter u toggle subtitle visibility a change aspect ratio (original/16:9) l load a stream in the playlist v print properties and metadata of the current stream j take a video snapshot of a specific time position y select a radio channel z select a TV channel i print current time position p start a new playback o pause/unpause the current playback s stop the current playback b start the previous stream in the playlist n start the next stream in the playlist c continue with the next stream accordingly to the playback mode r remove the current stream of the playlist t remove all streams of the playlist q quit libplayer-test Commands for dvdnav: ARROWS menu navigation BACKSPACE return to menu ENTER select SEE ALSO
libplayer-testvdr (1) AUTHOR
libplayer was written by Benjamin Zores <ben@geexbox.org> and Mathieu Schroeter <mathieu.schroeter@mycable.ch>. This manual page was written by Davide Cavalca <davide@geexbox.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 10/12/2009 LIBPLAYER-TEST(1)