Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match from one pattern to second occurrence of second pattern Post 302760899 by jnojr on Thursday 24th of January 2013 06:05:17 PM
Old 01-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinajith
Is that the complete XML you posted?
No. It's a snippet from a file with 8700+ lines, with many repetitions of <key>, <dict>, etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of occurrences of a pattern between each occurrence of a different pattern

I need to count the number of occurrences of a pattern, say 'key', between each occurrence of a different pattern, say 'lu'. Here's a portion of the text I'm trying to parse: lu S1234L_149_m1_vg.6, part-att 1, vdp-att 1 p-reserver IID 0xdb registrations: key 4156 4353 0000 0000 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slipstream
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert new pattern in newline after the nth occurrence of a line pattern - Bash in Ubuntu 12.04

Hi, I am getting crazy after days on looking at it: Bash in Ubuntu 12.04.1 I want to do this: pattern="system /path1/file1 file1" new_pattern=" data /path2/file2 file2" file to edit: data.db - I need to search in the file data.db for the nth occurrence of pattern - pattern must... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phil3759
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : match one pattern then the next consecutive second pattern not working

Ive used this snippet of code on a solaris box thousands of times. But it isnt working on the new linux box sed -n '/interface LoopBack0/{N;/ ip address /p;}' *.conf its driving me nuts !! Is there something Im missing ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to get file content until 2 occurrence of pattern match

AWK command to get file content until 3 occurrence of pattern match, INPUT FILE: JMS_BODY_FIELD:JMSText = <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <custOptIn xmlns="http://com/walm/ta/cu/ccs/xml2"> <person>Romi</person> <appName>SAP</appName> </custOptIn> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
4 Replies
XML::LibXML::Pattern(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   XML::LibXML::Pattern(3)

NAME
XML::LibXML::Pattern - XML::LibXML::Pattern - interface to libxml2 XPath patterns SYNOPSIS
use XML::LibXML; my $pattern = XML::LibXML::Pattern->new('/x:html/x:body//x:div', { 'x' => 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' }); # test a match on an XML::LibXML::Node $node if ($pattern->matchesNode($node)) { ... } # or on an XML::LibXML::Reader if ($reader->matchesPattern($pattern)) { ... } # or skip reading all nodes that do not match print $reader->nodePath while $reader->nextPatternMatch($pattern); $pattern = XML::LibXML::Pattern->new( pattern, { prefix => namespace_URI, ... } ); $bool = $pattern->matchesNode($node); DESCRIPTION
This is a perl interface to libxml2's pattern matching support http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-pattern.html. This feature requires recent versions of libxml2. Patterns are a small subset of XPath language, which is limited to (disjunctions of) location paths involving the child and descendant axes in abbreviated form as described by the extended BNF given below: Selector ::= Path ( '|' Path )* Path ::= ('.//' | '//' | '/' )? Step ( '/' Step )* Step ::= '.' | NameTest NameTest ::= QName | '*' | NCName ':' '*' For readability, whitespace may be used in selector XPath expressions even though not explicitly allowed by the grammar: whitespace may be freely added within patterns before or after any token, where token ::= '.' | '/' | '//' | '|' | NameTest Note that no predicates or attribute tests are allowed. Patterns are particularly useful for stream parsing provided via the "XML::LibXML::Reader" interface. new() $pattern = XML::LibXML::Pattern->new( pattern, { prefix => namespace_URI, ... } ); The constructor of a pattern takes a pattern expression (as described by the BNF grammar above) and an optional HASH reference mapping prefixes to namespace URIs. The method returns a compiled pattern object. Note that if the document has a default namespace, it must still be given an prefix in order to be matched (as demanded by the XPath 1.0 specification). For example, to match an element "<a xmlns="http://foo.bar"</a>", one should use a pattern like this: $pattern = XML::LibXML::Pattern->new( 'foo:a', { foo => 'http://foo.bar' }); matchesNode($node) $bool = $pattern->matchesNode($node); Given an XML::LibXML::Node object, returns a true value if the node is matched by the compiled pattern expression. SEE ALSO
XML::LibXML::Reader for other methods involving compiled patterns. AUTHORS
Matt Sergeant, Christian Glahn, Petr Pajas VERSION
2.0008 COPYRIGHT
2001-2007, AxKit.com Ltd. 2002-2006, Christian Glahn. 2006-2009, Petr Pajas. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-22 XML::LibXML::Pattern(3)