Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LINES in shell programming
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting LINES in shell programming Post 302760841 by Manueldo on Thursday 24th of January 2013 04:14:52 PM
Old 01-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrtx1
try:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

program=$1

while read a b
do
   if [ "$a" = "$program" ]
   then
      echo "$a" "$b"
   fi
done < 1.txt

Yes, I have changed but it gives me wrong things.
Code:
./match: line 5: [apple=apple]: command not found
./match: line 5: [table=apple]: command not found
./match: line 5: [home=apple]: command not found

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Programming

I have a fix_table.ksh script that takes a TABLENAME and a date. So, in jk_table_file.txt I have the tables...one per line, and in jk_out_file.txt I have the date in the format I need. The following doesn not 'want' to work in a shell script... for TABLE in `cat jk_table_file.txt`; do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWK1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Programming Help

Hi, I am new to shell programming, and hve been given a request to write a shell script. Is there any good places to go to see examples of how to write shell programming scripts? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mec585858
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming?

For what purposes should we use shell /what are the tasks we can achieve using shell which is best book to learn shell programming and will nayone tell me diff between shell programming aand shell scripting? Thank u in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrikrishna
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programming

I want notes for learning Shell programming (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neha Agarwal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

{} in shell programming

Could someone please tell me what {} mean when they surround a variable? For instance, $FILE = 'basename $1' //what is passed into this script $BANK = 'dirname $1' $INFILE = ${FILE}.${BANK}.$$ What does $INFILE contain after this assignment? Please let me know Thanks G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgirijanaidu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell programming

Hi, Iam new to shell program, I want to check a file which is having same lines 2 times and i want to display it in a seperate file. File format is : AQWERTYU|1234567890 ASDFGHJK|0987654321 ZXCVBNML|1098576453 AQWERTYU|1234567890 I need to take the 1st and 4th lines in the above... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needs help on shell programming

Hi guys, I need some help to create a script or command :rolleyes: I do not have much experience in shell programming :confused: I have a file with the lines below on 10000 lines: 12.06.09/14:20:13 4 sms/s 12.06.09/14:20:16 4 sms/s 12.06.09/14:20:17 3 sms/s 12.06.09/14:20:18 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: julienp
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL PROGRAMMING

Using shell scripting, implement ‘scan.sh' that scans the file system recursively starting from current working directory and generates the file ‘index.txt' that contains a line for each file (or directory) with following fields in tab separated format: 1. The full path of the directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kranthikiran
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell programming

1)Shell program which displays a list of all files in the current directory to which you (other than owner and group) have only read and execute permission. 2)Shell program which deletes all the lines containing the word 'UNIX' in the files supplied as arguments to this program. 3)Shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramanath
1 Replies
gss(5)							      BSD File Formats Manual							    gss(5)

NAME
gss -- how to configure gss framework DESCRIPTION
The gss GSS.frameworks have several configuration domains, all can configured with defaults(1). Configuration can be stored both in the user's configuration ( ~/Library/Preferences) and system ( /Library/Preferences ). CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
Use gsstool(1) to list the supported options and their settings: gsstool supported-mech --options Common options are: NTLM 'Force NTLMv1' Force client to use NTLMv1 NTLM NTLMv1 Enable support for NTLMv1 in both client and server NTLM NTLMv2 Enable support for NTLMv2 in both client and server NTLM 'NTLM session key' Require backends to support for NTLMv2 session key, Lion and earlier dont support this. Session keys is required for NTLM MIC that stops reflection attacks. NTLM 'AllowedHosts' What hosts that NTLM is allowed to be used for. When there a host that is not on the list, NTLM will not be used. File globbing is used when matching and it's case insensitive. When there is no configuration, all hosts are allowed. defaults write com.apple.GSS.NTLM AllowedHosts -array host.local '*.my.domain' NTLM options If you want to disable NTLM support completely in both the acceptor (server) and initiator (client), you need disable both NTLMv1 and NTLMv2, and set their values to boolean false or 0. defaults write com.apple.GSS.NTLM NTLMv1 -bool false defaults write com.apple.GSS.NTLM NTLMv2 -bool false APPLE MAC OS X
You can use the defaults write command to change the options, for simple boolean options, use this: defaults write com.apple.GSS.NTLM NTLMv1 -bool false You can also turn on debugging (output in syslog) using: defaults write com.apple.GSS DebugLevel -int 10 open -a Console SEE ALSO
defaults(1), gss_mo(3), heimdal_debug(1) HEIMDAL
Sep 1, 2010 HEIMDAL