Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LINES in shell programming
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting LINES in shell programming Post 302760835 by DGPickett on Thursday 24th of January 2013 04:12:01 PM
Old 01-24-2013
'type 'match apple'? Output whole line (minus any white space around field 1):
Code:

echo "$a $b"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Programming

I have a fix_table.ksh script that takes a TABLENAME and a date. So, in jk_table_file.txt I have the tables...one per line, and in jk_out_file.txt I have the date in the format I need. The following doesn not 'want' to work in a shell script... for TABLE in `cat jk_table_file.txt`; do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWK1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Programming Help

Hi, I am new to shell programming, and hve been given a request to write a shell script. Is there any good places to go to see examples of how to write shell programming scripts? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mec585858
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming?

For what purposes should we use shell /what are the tasks we can achieve using shell which is best book to learn shell programming and will nayone tell me diff between shell programming aand shell scripting? Thank u in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrikrishna
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programming

I want notes for learning Shell programming (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neha Agarwal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

{} in shell programming

Could someone please tell me what {} mean when they surround a variable? For instance, $FILE = 'basename $1' //what is passed into this script $BANK = 'dirname $1' $INFILE = ${FILE}.${BANK}.$$ What does $INFILE contain after this assignment? Please let me know Thanks G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgirijanaidu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell programming

Hi, Iam new to shell program, I want to check a file which is having same lines 2 times and i want to display it in a seperate file. File format is : AQWERTYU|1234567890 ASDFGHJK|0987654321 ZXCVBNML|1098576453 AQWERTYU|1234567890 I need to take the 1st and 4th lines in the above... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needs help on shell programming

Hi guys, I need some help to create a script or command :rolleyes: I do not have much experience in shell programming :confused: I have a file with the lines below on 10000 lines: 12.06.09/14:20:13 4 sms/s 12.06.09/14:20:16 4 sms/s 12.06.09/14:20:17 3 sms/s 12.06.09/14:20:18 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: julienp
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL PROGRAMMING

Using shell scripting, implement ‘scan.sh' that scans the file system recursively starting from current working directory and generates the file ‘index.txt' that contains a line for each file (or directory) with following fields in tab separated format: 1. The full path of the directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kranthikiran
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell programming

1)Shell program which displays a list of all files in the current directory to which you (other than owner and group) have only read and execute permission. 2)Shell program which deletes all the lines containing the word 'UNIX' in the files supplied as arguments to this program. 3)Shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramanath
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)