Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to Find out if an HP/Linux uses SAN or not? Post 302760661 by mrn6430 on Thursday 24th of January 2013 11:26:55 AM
Old 01-24-2013
How to Find out if an HP/Linux uses SAN or not?

Is there a command I can run on my HP /LINUX to see if uses SAN? This command work son AIX ls -al /DEV/rdsk however it does not work on HP Linux. Please let me know?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Multiple Paths to SAN with LVM in Linux?

I'm setting up a CentOS 5 server that will be connected to an HP EVA4000. My previous experience is with an HP VA7400 and HP-UX. In HP-UX I can add "alternate paths" to a volume group in order to have redundant paths to the SAN via dual fiber channel HBAs just by either adding them with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

3. Linux

Linux on SAN

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there is a way to increase the size on the LUN on a SAN and make the Linux kernel understand the changes without restarting? In the past it has always been rebooted to see the new values but im sure that there is a way now for the lvm to see the Free PE in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_ark
8 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Finding SAN Lun's on Linux.

Am trying to differentiate between the local disks and LUN's presented from SAN onto the server. Have Tried fdisk -l, however I quite cudn't differentiate the local disks from SAN presented LUN's. Can you pls. let me know the procedure and commands to find this. OS - RHEL 4 SAN - EMC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
3 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to create same paritations from same SAN disk on two linux servers

Hi All, Storage team assigned same SAN disk on two servers how to create same paritations from same SAN disk on two linux servers may i know options & procedure. But here one server writing on SAN disk and another server reading other files from SAN disks Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

6. AIX

can't find a LTO3 drive through SAN,pls help!

Hi,everyone the situation is: at the very beginning ,through cfgmgr i find all LTO3 drives and 9840D drives. Then, some guy changed the device id(loop id) of all the stk drives on the tape lib panel. This time, i ran the cfgmgr but got nothing. so i asked that guy to change the loop id... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzisking
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to find the status of SAN Disc through command prompt

How to find the status of SAN Disc through command prompt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
1 Replies

8. AIX

Find information for Host and SAN disconnect

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can find information on how to cleanly disconnect my AIX 5.3 host from our DS/4200 SAN. I have to do a firmware upgrade on the SAN. -Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfort73
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Find Brocade SAN switch’s IP in Sun server?

We have a Sun M5000 connecting to a Brocade SAN switch. I don't know the IP of the Brocade switch and don't want to use its serial port to get the info. How can I find the IP of the Brocade switch under Solaris 10? Snoop is not supported by Solaris multipathing. What other tools can I use to find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to find the SAN path?

Hi folks, How to identify the SAN is running in Single path or dual source path for linux servers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies
gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3) 			      gnutls				   gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3)

NAME
gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/x509.h> int gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(gnutls_x509_crt_t cert, unsigned int seq, void * san, size_t * san_size, unsigned int * critical); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_x509_crt_t cert should contain a gnutls_x509_crt_t structure unsigned int seq specifies the sequence number of the alt name (0 for the first one, 1 for the second etc.) void * san is the place where the alternative name will be copied to size_t * san_size holds the size of san. unsigned int * critical will be non-zero if the extension is marked as critical (may be null) DESCRIPTION
This function retrieves the Alternative Name (2.5.29.17), contained in the given certificate in the X509v3 Certificate Extensions. When the SAN type is otherName, it will extract the data in the otherName's value field, and GNUTLS_SAN_OTHERNAME is returned. You may use gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_othername_oid() to get the corresponding OID and the "virtual" SAN types (e.g., GNUTLS_SAN_OTHERNAME_XMPP). If an otherName OID is known, the data will be decoded. Otherwise the returned data will be DER encoded, and you will have to decode it yourself. Currently, only the RFC 3920 id-on-xmppAddr SAN is recognized. RETURNS
the alternative subject name type on success, one of the enumerated gnutls_x509_subject_alt_name_t. It will return GNUTLS_E_SHORT_MEM- ORY_BUFFER if san_size is not large enough to hold the value. In that case san_size will be updated with the required size. If the cer- tificate does not have an Alternative name with the specified sequence number then GNUTLS_E_REQUESTED_DATA_NOT_AVAILABLE is returned. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. General guidelines for reporting bugs: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. As an alternative you may obtain the manual from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/ gnutls 3.1.15 gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3)