Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Number of arguments to array - Perl Script Post 302760523 by Syed Imran on Thursday 24th of January 2013 08:03:47 AM
Old 01-24-2013
Number of arguments to array - Perl Script

I have the following proc.

Code:
proc get_add {arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4 arg 5 .. ... arg N }
{
}

i need to count the number of arguments and also i need those arguments stored in an array.
please help out

---------- Post updated at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:30 PM ----------

can i do it using pattern matching. pls help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to a Perl script

I am playing around with Perl and wrote the script below that is executed from the command line, it will split data up in a file based on a value supplied. When executed you provide two arguments - the file that contains the data to be split and the character you want to split by. It works as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl + array and incrementing number

morning guys and gals, I am haveing a problem, a friend helped me out with this script but i dont know how to add incrementing number for each movie in movie.list. this is what i have so far. any assistance would be great. I have removed the GT and LT symbols so you can see what is going on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script with multiple file arguments

Hello everyone, I have two types of files in a directory: *.txt *.info I have a perl script that uses these two files as arguments, and produces a result file: perl myScript.pl abc.txt abc.xml How can I run this script (in a "for" loop , looping through both types of files)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store all the passed arguments in an array and display the array

Hi I want to write a script which store all the parameters passed to the script into an array. Once it is stored I want scan through the array and and delete those files for last month present inside the directory. The files in directory is appneded with YYYY_MM_DD. I want to know how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to accept arguments in shell script when calling in perl

I have a shell script like this: #!/bin/sh $PYTHON MetarDecoder.py < ../data/mtrs/arg1/arg2 And I'm calling it with this in perl: my $output = `./metar_parse.sh --options`; It's successful when I put in actual values for arg1 and arg2 in the shell script, but I'd like to pass arguments... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civilsurfer
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to a perl script

Hi I need to pass comma seperated arguments to a perl script? It is like: Exect.pl -d GUI1,GUI2,GUI3 and I need to store these argsGUI1,GUI2,GUI3 in an array. can anyone suggest how to do that: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script variable help, Varying number of arguments to excute script

Hi Guy's. Hopefully someone can help me with what I am trying to archieve. So situation currently is, I have a script already setup however I have another script that sits infront of it. The main script basically goes and searchs multiple platforms for a list of entered data. In... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
10 Replies
AFQUERY(3)																AFQUERY(3)

NAME
afQuery, afQueryLong, afQueryDouble, afQueryPointer - query the capabilities of the Audio File Library SYNOPSIS
#include <audiofile.h> AUpvlist afQuery (int querytype, int arg1, int arg2, int arg3, int arg4); long afQueryLong (int querytype, int arg1, int arg2, int arg3, int arg4); double afQueryDouble (int querytype, int arg1, int arg2, int arg3, int arg4); void *afQueryPointer (int querytype, int arg1, int arg2, int arg3, int arg4); PARAMETERS
querytype can be one of the following: o AF_QUERYTYPE_FILEFMT o AF_QUERYTYPE_INST o AF_QUERYTYPE_INSTPARAM o AF_QUERYTYPE_COMPRESSION o AF_QUERYTYPE_COMPRESSIONPARAM o AF_QUERYTYPE_MISC o AF_QUERYTYPE_MARK o AF_QUERYTYPE_LOOP arg1, arg2, arg3, and arg4 are integer selectors whose meaning depends upon querytype. RETURN VALUE
Upon success, afQuery will return a non-null AUpvlist value. Upon failure, afQuery will return null while afQueryLong and afQueryDouble will return -1 and afQueryPointer will return null. Pointers representing character strings are owned by the Audio File Library and must not be freed; all other pointer values must be freed by the caller. DESCRIPTION
For AF_QUERYTYPE_FILEFMT, the following selectors are valid values for arg1: AF_QUERY_LABEL Request a short label string for the format (e.g., "aiff"). AF_QUERY_NAME Request a short name for the format (e.g., "MS RIFF WAVE"). AF_QUERY_DESC Request a descriptive name for the format (e.g., "Audio Interchange File Format"). AF_QUERY_IMPLEMENTED Request a boolean value indicating whether the format is implemented for reading and writing in the Audio File Library. AF_QUERY_ID_COUNT Request the total number of formats implemented. AF_QUERY_IDS Request an integer array of the id token values of all implemented file formats. AF_QUERY_COMPRESSION_TYPES Used with the selector AF_QUERY_VALUE_COUNT in arg2, this will return a long integer containing the number of compression schemes available for use within the format specified in arg3. Used with selector AF_QUERY_VALUES, it returns a pointer to an integer array containing the compression id values of the compression schemes supported by the format specified in arg3. AF_QUERY_SAMPLE_FORMATS Used with the selector AF_QUERY_DEFAULT in arg2, this will return the default sample format for the file format specified in arg3. AF_QUERY_SAMPLE_SIZES Used with selector AF_QUERY_DEFAULT in arg2, this will return the default sample width for the file format specified in arg3. For AF_QUERYTYPE_INST, the following selectors are valid for arg1: AF_QUERY_SUPPORTED Request a boolean value indicating whether the file format in arg2 supports instruments. AF_QUERY_MAX_NUMBER Request an integer value indicating the maximum number of instruments supported by the file format in arg2. For AF_QUERYTYPE_INSTPARAM, the following selectors are valid for arg1: AF_QUERY_SUPPORTED Request a boolean value indicating whether the file format in arg2 supports instrument parameters. AF_QUERY_ID_COUNT Request an integer value indicating the number of instrument parameters supported by the file format in arg2. AF_QUERY_IDS Request an integer array containing the instrument parameter values for the file format in arg2. AF_QUERY_TYPE For the file format in arg2, request the type of the instrument parameter in arg3. AF_QUERY_NAME For the file format in arg2, request the name of the instrument parameter in arg3. AF_QUERY_DEFAULT For the file format in arg2, request the default value of the instrument parameter in arg3. ERRORS
afQuery can produce the following errors: AF_BAD_QUERYTYPE The query type is unsupported. AF_BAD_QUERY The arguments to the query are bad. AUTHOR
Michael Pruett <michael@68k.org> Audio File Library 0.3.6 03/06/2013 AFQUERY(3)