Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to find un-partitioned space in a RHEL server? Post 302760357 by aninmuk on Thursday 24th of January 2013 01:11:25 AM
Old 01-24-2013
Try this

parted /dev/sda print free

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RHEL 4 U5 - Server immediate shutdown

Dear all, My server has shutdown frequently. It is AMD64, OS is RHEL 4 U5. I've seen the system log, before the shutdown occured: Jul 29 04:28:56 localhost kernel: EDAC k8 MC0: general bus error: participating processor(local node response), time-out(no timeout) memory transaction... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

RHEL 5 supports only 2 TB space for a partition !

Dear Friends , I am using Redhat Ent Linux 5.0 with a EMC storage which HDD space is 4 TB. After Installing RHEL 5 , I get 4 TB space available but when I am going to create a partition then the OS show 2TB available space . I cannot create a partition above 2TB space . Is there any limitation... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Graphical console for RHEL 5 server

hi , i installed RHEL 5 server in one machine . i am able to login through putty . But not through Exceed . i mean to say i want a graphical user interface through exceed . some other machine i am able to log in through exceed . is there any configuration is there for that one . did i miss... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Right way to change time for a RHEL server

I had the query of what would be the right approach to change the time on the RHEL server. I have the following ways to do that: 1) # date -s "2 OCT 2006 18:00:00" Or # date --set="2 OCT 2006 18:00:00" 2) # date +%Y%m%d -s "20081128" The second option though would only change... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Re-start of RHEL server

I had a query that should the RHEL servers in production environment be re-started say every 2-3 months so that the cache is cleared? I hope, my question is clear that should the Red Hat Linux servers be restarted periodically. Please revert with the reply to my query. Regards (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
17 Replies

6. Red Hat

Is it possible to extend a extended partition raw space in harddisk thru rhel 6

hi all, As going thru LVM concepts in rhel 6, got hit with a question about "how to use the raw partition of an harddisk which extended volume is taken a bit" please find the attached diagram... is it possible to use this raw space with previously created extended partition without data... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
13 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 6.3 Errata Server?

I'm attempting to build a RHEL 6.3 yum errata server inside our company firewall with no luck. Is this something Red Hat attempts to prevent people from doing? I have done all the steps that I've been able to find to create a repository and configure it. My two repo files look like the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redwing471
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to find utilized disk space on zone server.

Hi, I am unable to find remaining space on solaris 10. below is output. I am facing this issue on zone server. bash-3.00# df -h / Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on / 59G 59G 0K 100% / bash-3.00# pwd / bash-3.00# du -sh * 1K File_Stores 19K TT_DB 9K app 1K bin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Regarding connecting to internet from RHEL 5 server

Dear All, I have a RHEL 5 server of 64 bit . I have disabled the firewalls and added the name server also in resolv.conf. I want to connect to internet inorder to link the machine with Linux Network. # I could not connect to any website from this server for ex ping google.com is not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
8 Replies

10. Red Hat

RHEL 7: Backup Space and Delete is not working in console

Hi All, During my virtual machine power on i have rc3.d script to accept user inputs like IP address. This script gets executed during first time boot up. It was working fine till my VM is using RHEL6.5. Now we migrated to RHEL 7 environment. While accepting the user inputs in console, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
4 Replies
Data::ObjectDriver::Driver::SimplePartition(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  Data::ObjectDriver::Driver::SimplePartition(3pm)

NAME
Data::ObjectDriver::Driver::SimplePartition - basic partitioned object driver SYNOPSIS
package ParentObject; use base qw( Data::ObjectDriver::BaseObject ); __PACKAGE__->install_properties({ columns => [ 'parent_id', 'partition_id', ... ], ... driver => Data::ObjectDriver::Driver::DBI->new( @$GLOBAL_DB_INFO ), primary_key => 'parent_id', }); __PACKAGE__->has_partitions( number => scalar @PARTITIONS, get_driver => &get_driver_by_partition, ); package SomeObject; use base qw( Data::ObjectDriver::BaseObject ); __PACKAGE__->install_properties({ ... driver => Data::ObjectDriver::Driver::SimplePartition->new( using => 'ParentObject' ), primary_key => ['parent_id', 'object_id'], }); DESCRIPTION
Data::ObjectDriver::Driver::SimplePartition is a basic driver for objects partitioned into separate databases. See Data::ObjectDriver::Driver::Partition for more about partitioning databases. SimplePartition helps you partition objects into databases based on their association with one record of a parent class. If your classes don't meet the requirements imposed by SimplePartition, you can still write your own partitioning driver. See Data::ObjectDriver::Driver::Partition. SUGGESTED PRACTICES
Often this is used for user partitioning, where the parent class is your user account class; all records of other classes that are "owned" by that user are partitioned into the same database. This allows you to scale horizontally with the number of users, at the cost of complicating querying multiple users' data together. SimplePartition will load the related instance of the parent class every time it needs to find the partition for a related object. Consider using a minimal mapping class for the parent, keeping as much data as possible in other related classes. For example, if "User" were your parent class, you might keep only the user ID and other data used to find users (such as login name and email address) in "User", keeping further profile data in another "UserProfile" class. As all the partitioned classes related to a given parent class will share the same "partition_get_driver" logic to turn a partition ID into a driver, you might put the "partition_get_driver" function in the parent class, or use a custom subclass of SimplePartition that contains and automatically specifies the "partition_get_driver" function. USAGE
Data::ObjectDriver::Driver::SimplePartition->new(%params) Creates a new basic partitioning driver for a particular class. The required members of %params are: o "using" The name of the parent class on which the driven class is partitioned. Using a class as a parent partitioned class requires these properties to be defined: o "columns" The parent class must have a "partition_id" column containing a partition identifier. This identifier is passed to the "partition_get_driver" function to identify a driver to return. o "primary_key" The parent class's primary key must be a simple single-column key, and that column must be the same as the referencing column in the partitioned classes. o "partition_get_driver" The "partition_get_driver" property must be a function that returns an object driver, given a partition ID and any extra parameters given to the "SimplePartition" constructor. This property can also be defined as "get_driver" in a call to "Class->has_partitions()". See Data::ObjectDriver::BaseObject. You can also include any further optional parameters you like. They will be passed to the partitioned class's "partition_get_driver" function as given. A SimplePartition driver will require these properties to be defined for partitioned classes: o "primary_key" Your primary key should be a complex primary key (arrayref) with the simple key of the parent object for the first field. DIAGNOSTICS
o "using is required." The "using" parameter to the SimplePartition constructor is required to create the partitioned class's "get_driver" function. Perhaps you omitted it, or your subclass of SimplePartition did not properly specify it to its parent's constructor. o "Bogus classname." The parent class name you specified in your "using" parameter does not appear to be a valid class name. If you are automatically generating parent class names, check that your method of converting strings to class names is correct. o "Failed to load parent class: error" The parent class you specified in your "using" parameter could not be loaded, for the given reason. Perhaps you didn't include its location in your library path. o "Partitioning driver not defined for partitioned class" The partitioned class named in the error is configured to use the SimplePartition driver but does not have a "partition_get_driver" set. Check that you intended to use SimplePartition with that class or, if you're automatically specifying the "partition_get_driver" function, that your technique is working correctly. o "Cannot extract column from terms search terms or primary key" The SimplePartition driver could not determine from the given search terms or object key what the ID of the related parent record was. Check that your columns in the partitioned and parent classes share the same name, and that your application includes the parent ID in all "search()" calls for the partitioned class and instances of partitioned objects before attempting to save them. Optionaly you can enable a basic support of search accross multiple partition by passing the 'multi_partition' arg (true value) to the search query. o "Member of class with ID parent ID not found" The parent record associated with the partitioned object could not be loaded. Perhaps your application deleted the parent record without removing its associated partitioned objects first. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
There are no known bugs in this module. SEE ALSO
Data::ObjectDriver::Driver::Partition LICENSE
Data::ObjectDriver is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHT Except where otherwise noted, Data::ObjectDriver is Copyright 2005-2006 Six Apart, cpan@sixapart.com. All rights reserved. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-29 Data::ObjectDriver::Driver::SimplePartition(3pm)