Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Construct path
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Construct path Post 302760075 by vel4ever on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 10:20:59 AM
Old 01-23-2013
No, i just want to populate a string using the path 1 and path 2 provided.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with looping construct

Hi all I have tried to search for this, but keep getting a MySQL db connect error, so am posing the question here, and taking a risk of incurring the wrath of the mods with my first post... I have the following test script: #!/bin/bash HTTPD=`/bin/ps -axcu | /usr/bin/grep httpd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikie
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Embedding Perl construct in ksh...

Hi, I have an embedded Perl construct in a korn script. However, I cannot seem to access the shell variables that were declared outside this Perl section. This is how my script is written....I have also tried back-ticks where I assign the shell variable to my local perl variable, still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svetlur
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh construct

Hi Guys, could someone tell me what this ksh construct does typeset -r PROG_PWD=${0%/*} does I understand the -r for readonly but I would very much appreciate a definitive account of what this will set $PROG_PWD to. If I run this at the cmd line it it gets set to /usr/bin but I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

if-else construct not working

Hi all, Sorry to ask this easy question but I am stuck. In a scenario i am executing one shell script which contains a if - else construct : if ; then echo $line $line >> successful_build.txt else $line >> failed_services.txt fi explaination : if the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error in the if construct

Hi can anyone tell me why is this code giving error mode=$1 if ] || ] then echo "MODES:" exit 1 fi Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

construct a string with X number of spaces

I'd like to create a variable with the value of X number of space( no Perl please), printf seems to work, but , in following example,10 spaces becomes 1 space when assinged to a variable, Why? other solutions are welcome. $printf "=%10s=\n" = = $var=$(printf "=%10s=\n") echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with if-else construct

Hi all i have been trying to do a small 'question and answer' script using if-else statement and a combination of pipe. I have succeeded in allowing the user to login with user name and password stored in a sequence username/password in a file named "pass" like this: echo "please enter your... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arikutex
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk construct unfamiliar to me

Please help me out: I've seen this construct awk '{...}1'several times, like in scrutinizer's today's post awk '{for(i=2;i<=NF;i++)if($i==$1)$i=RS $i}1' infilebut I can't find (manuals, man pages, internet FAQs,...) an explanation of what it does resp. stands for. Any hint is appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RudiC
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop; how to construct a array with variables

Hi everybody!! Here is the thing; I have a trouble in this simple situation, I'm trying to write an array with all the arguments of a command. I mean, if I have: ./mycommand.sh aa bb cc dd I need to take an array like this: myarray=(aa bb cc dd) So I use a simple for loop like this: for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresgom
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How would I construct a (possibly simple) IF statement?

Hi all, I thought this would be simple, but I've been having a lot of trouble trying to write this IF statement, if I may ask for help pls: In BASH, how would I construct the if statement: Should ONLY be true if USEROPTscript=="yes"]] AND $mode=="INSTALL" /or/ $mode=="CHANGE" ]]... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmccoughlin
3 Replies
Ns_Pathname(3aolserver) 				   AOLserver Library Procedures 				   Ns_Pathname(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_HomePath, Ns_LibPath, Ns_MakePath, Ns_ModulePath, Ns_NormalizePath, Ns_PathIsAbsolute - Pathname procedures SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" char * Ns_HomePath(Ns_DString *dest, ...) char * Ns_LibPath(Ns_DString *dest, ...) char * Ns_MakePath(Ns_DString *dest, ...) char * Ns_ModulePath(Ns_DString *dest, char *server, char *module, ...) char * Ns_NormalizePath(Ns_DString *dsPtr, char *path) int Ns_PathIsAbsolute(char *path) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on file pathnames. They work with Unix and Windows pathnames on their respective hosts. Ns_HomePath(dest, ...) Construct a path name relative to the home directory of the server. The full path is constructed by appending the library directory followed by each of the variable number of string elements after the dest argument. The elements will be separated by a / charac- ter. The list must be terminated with a NULL string. Ns_LibPath(dest, ...) Construct a path name relative to the library directory of the server, normally the lib/ subdirectory of the home directory. The full path is constructed by appending the library directory followed by each of the variable number of string elements after the dest argument. The elements will be separated by a / character. The list must be terminated with a NULL string. Ns_MakePath(dest, ...) Construct a path name from a list of path elements. The Ns_MakePath function constructs a path name by appending a list of path ele- ments to the given Ns_DString. The path elements are separated by single slashes, and the resulting path name is appended to the given Ns_DString. The last argument needs to be NULL to indicate the end of the argument list. Ns_ModulePath(dest, char *server, char *module, ...) Construct a server and/or module specific pathname relative to the server home directory. The path in constructed by first append- ing the server home directory. Next, if the server argument is not NULL, "server/servere appended to the destination and if the module argument is not NULL, "module/module" will be appended. Finally, all other string elements, if any, will be appended to the destination with separating / characters. The list must be terminated with a NULL string. Ns_NormalizePath(dsPtr, path) Normalize a path name. This function removes any extraneous slashes from the path and resolves "." and ".." references. The result is appended to the given Ns_DString. The following code appends "/dog" to the Ns_DString: Ns_NormalizePath(&ds, "/dog/cat/../../rat/../../dog//mouse/.."); Ns_PathIsAbsolute(path) Check for an absolute path name. Return NS_TRUE if the path is absolute and NS_FALSE otherwise. Under Unix, an absolute path starts with a "/". On Windows, it starts with a drive letter followed immediately by a ":". SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Pathname(3aolserver)