Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing \n from .csv file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing \n from .csv file Post 302759905 by RRVARMA on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 04:55:35 AM
Old 01-23-2013
Hi,

Actually from the database the value is coming like C "BHPC
BHPC" 0 0
and if i looked it in unix environment by doing awk -F "," {print $35} with the file it is showing like

"BHPC
N
"BHPC
N
like this..

sorry I don`t have information on the database like how it was stored.

Regards,
pradeep.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Removing non printing characters from a csv file

Hi, I have an csv file and there are some non printable characters(extended ascii) so I am trying to create a clean copy of the csv file . I am using this command: tr -cd "" < /opt/informatica/PowerCenter8.6.0/server/infa_shared/SrcFiles/ThirdParty/locations.csv > ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerkus
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines of a .csv file

Hello, Does anyone have a one-liner to remove lines of a csv file if the value in a specific column is zero? For example, I have this file, 12345,COM,5,0,N,29.95,Y 12345,MOM,1,0,N,29.95,Y 12345,COM,4,0,N,9.99,Y 12345,MOM,0,2,N,9.99,Y 12345,REN,0,1,N,9.99,Y and I want to remove lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing comma "," in a field value in csv file

Hi, I have csv file with records as below. Now i have remove any comma in the filed value because that creates problem when i feed this file to an application. for example below are two sample records, the second record have a comma in "Salesforce.com, Inc." field, now i have to remove this... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaga
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing duplicate records comparing 2 csv files

Hi All, I want to remove the rows from File1.csv by comparing a column/field in the File2.csv. If both columns matches then I want that row to be deleted from File1 using shell script(awk). Here is an example on what I need. File1.csv: RAJAK,ACTIVE,1 VIJAY,ACTIVE,2 TAHA,ACTIVE,3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script help - removing certain rows from .csv file

Hello Everyone, I am trying to find a way to take a .csv file with 7 columns and a ton of rows (over 600,000) and remove the entire row if the cell in forth column is blank. Just to give you a little background on why I am doing this (just in case there is an easier way), I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrTuxor
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep or awk for removing values within CSV file?

Hello, I have a large CSV file that contains values all on the same column, and in one very long row (e.g. no line breaks till end, with all data values separated by a comma). The file has two types of data for the values. One begins with the letters rs and some numbers. The other begins... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macurdy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing string from CSV file by provide removal string from other file

What I need is to remove the text from Location_file.txt from each line matching all entries from Remove_location.txt Location_file.txt FlowPrePaid, h3nmg1cm2,Jamaica_MTAImageFileFlowPrePaid,h0nmg1cm1, Flow_BeatTest,FlowRockTest FlowNewTest,FlowNewTest,h0nmg1cm1 PartiallySubscribed,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Removing commas from CSV file

Hi I'm creating a sh script to generate a csv file. The CSV contains the values from a sql table. The content looks this: a,b,c,c2,c3,,,,,,,,,,,d,e I have some code that can separate the fields using the comma as delimiter, but some values actually contain commas, such as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preema
2 Replies
evolution-addressbook-export(1) 				   User Commands				   evolution-addressbook-export(1)

NAME
evolution-addressbook-export - export local address book from Ximian Evolution, Sun Microsystems Edition SYNOPSIS
evolution-addressbook-export [--async] [--format=[vcard|csv]] [--help] [--list-addressbook-folders] [--output=output-file] [--size=number] [--usage] [--version] DESCRIPTION
Export the local address book to a file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --async Export in asynchronous mode. You can also use -a to specify this option. --format=[vcard|csv] Specify the export format: virtual card (vcard) or comma-separated value (csv). --help Display help text. You can also use -? to specify this option. --list-addressbook-foldeList the local address-book folders. You can also use -l to specify this option. --output=output-file Specify the name of the output file to store the exported information. If no output file is specified, the exported information is sent to standard output. --size=number Specify the number of cards in one output file in asychronous mode. The default value is 100. --usage Display brief usage text. --version Display version information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Exporting Local Address Book in Asynchronous Mode and Vcard Format to contacts.vcf example% evolution-addressbook-export -a --format=vcard --output=contacts.vcf EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully 1 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/evolution-addressbook-export Executable to export Evolution local address book $HOME/evolution Per-user configuration files and local storage for Evolution $HOME/evolution/mail/account/folders Temporary files for Evolution mail $HOME/evolution/sunone/account/folders Temporary files for Evolution Sun ONE account ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWevo | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT safe with Exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Ximian Evolution Sun Microsystems Edition User Guide evolution(1), evolution-address-import(1) NOTES
Written by Steven Zhang, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 2004 evolution-addressbook-export(1)