Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing \n from .csv file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing \n from .csv file Post 302759895 by Scott on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 04:42:30 AM
Old 01-23-2013
Does that field have a newline stored in the database? If so wouldn't it be better to remove it using a database function?

Or if it doesn't have a newline in the database, is it just that you need to increase the line size?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Removing non printing characters from a csv file

Hi, I have an csv file and there are some non printable characters(extended ascii) so I am trying to create a clean copy of the csv file . I am using this command: tr -cd "" < /opt/informatica/PowerCenter8.6.0/server/infa_shared/SrcFiles/ThirdParty/locations.csv > ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerkus
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines of a .csv file

Hello, Does anyone have a one-liner to remove lines of a csv file if the value in a specific column is zero? For example, I have this file, 12345,COM,5,0,N,29.95,Y 12345,MOM,1,0,N,29.95,Y 12345,COM,4,0,N,9.99,Y 12345,MOM,0,2,N,9.99,Y 12345,REN,0,1,N,9.99,Y and I want to remove lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing comma "," in a field value in csv file

Hi, I have csv file with records as below. Now i have remove any comma in the filed value because that creates problem when i feed this file to an application. for example below are two sample records, the second record have a comma in "Salesforce.com, Inc." field, now i have to remove this... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaga
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing duplicate records comparing 2 csv files

Hi All, I want to remove the rows from File1.csv by comparing a column/field in the File2.csv. If both columns matches then I want that row to be deleted from File1 using shell script(awk). Here is an example on what I need. File1.csv: RAJAK,ACTIVE,1 VIJAY,ACTIVE,2 TAHA,ACTIVE,3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script help - removing certain rows from .csv file

Hello Everyone, I am trying to find a way to take a .csv file with 7 columns and a ton of rows (over 600,000) and remove the entire row if the cell in forth column is blank. Just to give you a little background on why I am doing this (just in case there is an easier way), I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrTuxor
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep or awk for removing values within CSV file?

Hello, I have a large CSV file that contains values all on the same column, and in one very long row (e.g. no line breaks till end, with all data values separated by a comma). The file has two types of data for the values. One begins with the letters rs and some numbers. The other begins... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macurdy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing string from CSV file by provide removal string from other file

What I need is to remove the text from Location_file.txt from each line matching all entries from Remove_location.txt Location_file.txt FlowPrePaid, h3nmg1cm2,Jamaica_MTAImageFileFlowPrePaid,h0nmg1cm1, Flow_BeatTest,FlowRockTest FlowNewTest,FlowNewTest,h0nmg1cm1 PartiallySubscribed,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Removing commas from CSV file

Hi I'm creating a sh script to generate a csv file. The CSV contains the values from a sql table. The content looks this: a,b,c,c2,c3,,,,,,,,,,,d,e I have some code that can separate the fields using the comma as delimiter, but some values actually contain commas, such as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preema
2 Replies
XrmPutResource(3X11)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					      XrmPutResource(3X11)

NAME
XrmPutResource, XrmQPutResource, XrmPutStringResource, XrmQPutStringResource, XrmPutLineResource - store database resources SYNTAX
void XrmPutResource(database, specifier, type, value) XrmDatabase *database; char *specifier; char *type; XrmValue *value; void XrmQPutResource(database, bindings, quarks, type, value) XrmDatabase *database; XrmBindingList bindings; XrmQuarkList quarks; XrmRepresentation type; XrmValue *value; void XrmPutStringResource(database, specifier, value) XrmDatabase *database; char *specifier; char *value; void XrmQPutStringResource(database, bindings, quarks, value) XrmDatabase *database; XrmBindingList bindings; XrmQuarkList quarks; char *value; void XrmPutLineResource(database, line) XrmDatabase *database; char *line; ARGUMENTS
bindings Specifies a list of bindings. database Specifies the resource database. line Specifies the resource name and value pair as a single string. quarks Specifies the complete or partial name or the class list of the resource. specifier Specifies a complete or partial specification of the resource. type Specifies the type of the resource. value Specifies the value of the resource, which is specified as a string. DESCRIPTION
If database contains NULL, XrmPutResource creates a new database and returns a pointer to it. XrmPutResource is a convenience function that calls XrmStringToBindingQuarkList followed by: XrmQPutResource(database, bindings, quarks, XrmStringToQuark(type), value) If the specifier and type are not in the Host Portable Character Encoding, the result is implementation-dependent. The value is stored in the database without modification. If database contains NULL, XrmQPutResource creates a new database and returns a pointer to it. If a resource entry with the identical bindings and quarks already exists in the database, the previous type and value are replaced by the new specified type and value. The value is stored in the database without modification. If database contains NULL, XrmPutStringResource creates a new database and returns a pointer to it. XrmPutStringResource adds a resource with the specified value to the specified database. XrmPutStringResource is a convenience function that first calls XrmStringToBind- ingQuarkList on the specifier and then calls XrmQPutResource, using a ``String'' representation type. If the specifier is not in the Host Portable Character Encoding, the result is implementation-dependent. The value is stored in the database without modification. If database contains NULL, XrmQPutStringResource creates a new database and returns a pointer to it. XrmQPutStringResource is a conve- nience routine that constructs an XrmValue for the value string (by calling strlen to compute the size) and then calls XrmQPutResource, using a ``String'' representation type. The value is stored in the database without modification. If database contains NULL, XrmPutLineResource creates a new database and returns a pointer to it. XrmPutLineResource adds a single resource entry to the specified database. The line should be in valid ResourceLine format (see section 15.1) terminated by a newline or null character; the database that results from using a string with incorrect syntax is implementation-dependent. The string is parsed in the locale of the database. If the ResourceName is not in the Host Portable Character Encoding, the result is implementation-dependent. Note that comment lines are not stored. SEE ALSO
XrmGetResource(3X11), XrmInitialize(3X11), XrmMergeDatabases(3X11), XrmUniqueQuark(3X11) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XrmPutResource(3X11)