Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Continuous checking of a file Post 302759877 by kanta_bhakti on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 04:27:04 AM
Old 01-23-2013
That worked.Thanks bipin.

However for different server shall i remove quotes as well?

now my code looks like this:

Code:
-sh-3.2$ ./test_new.sh
File found.
-sh-3.2$ more test_new.sh
 #!/bin/bash
while :
do
        if [[ -f /home/sendhabh/trial.done ]]
        then
                echo "File found."
                break;
        else
                echo "File not found."
                sleep 10
        fi
done

---------- Post updated at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:43 PM ----------

I use this now..howeever i get rror as below:

Code:
-sh-3.2$ ./test_GMI_final.sh
ssh: : Name or service not known
File not found.

Code:
-sh-3.2$ more test_GMI_final.sh
#!/bin/ksh
DATEPREV=`date --date yesterday "+%d%m%Y"`
while :
do
        if [[ $( ssh -n etdmis@$xldn2218pap "ls /sbclocal/InternalSecureFileTransfer/users/ETDIT/gmi_coma/gmi_to_coma/US2COMA_
$DATEPREV.done
 2> /dev/null " | wc -l ) -ne 0 ]]
        then
                echo "File found."
                break;
        else
                echo "File not found."
                sleep 10
        fi
done

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 01-23-2013 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: code tags; code tags again

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing dupicate lines in the file ..(they are not continuous)

I have duplicates records in a file, but they are not consecutive. I want to remove the duplicates , using script. Can some one help me in writing a ksh script to implement this task. Ex file is like below. 1234 5689 4556 1234 4444 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini75
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuous Flat file parsing

Hi all, I'm looking for some tips on an ideal method of parsing a huge fixed length flat file (~500gb) into a delimited text file. We have to do this because our data warehouse platform only accepts delimited file loads. In the past, we've done this with SAS (only on smaller ~40GB files) by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cg2
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files with continuous numbers

I have a huge collection of HTML files. They have their own file names with htmlextension. I want to rename each of these files with continuous numbers starting from 1.html till the last count of files. Simply it means that if there are three files like this abc.html cdfhg.html rmbd.htmlthen... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuous log file transfer to remote server

I have several production servers and 1 offline server. Production server continuously generates new log files for my application. Depending on time of day new files may be generated every few seconds and at other times every few hours. I also have an offline server where I would like to pull log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a Continuous File Reading-Executing Shell Script

I need to write something that will read and execute all the files(Mainly executable scripts) inside one or more folders; in other words, a continuous chain with a break when finished. I'm new to shell and need syntax help. I'm on Ubuntu 12.10-Gnome btw. Here are some main highlights I think... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxlololol
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect continuous number as range

I have 100k data like this bellow , i want to group data to range 171 172 173 174 175 176 179 182 183 187 188 189 1900 1901 1903 1904 1905 1906 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuous Copying from a directory to another.

Hello Folks, Looking for a script, where i can check for the existing of the files in a directory and copying to another. How can i achieve it in loop for over period of time. whatever files comes into the folder copied in another without duplicate and should be continuous loop. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Continuous for loop

Hi All, Please help ***************** a=100 and run for loop that will minus 30 from 100 an will display value run loop will run till display value will be 0 ***************** Thanking you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praful Pednekar
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)