Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Eliminating words from a file through ngrams stored in another file Post 302759783 by PikK45 on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 12:15:11 AM
Old 01-23-2013
may be a line would help!

Code:
egrep -v "^nl|^kp|^rrr" file > valid_file
egrep "^nl|^kp|^rrr" file > invalid_file

This User Gave Thanks to PikK45 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

UrgentPlease: compare 1 value with file values eliminating special characters

Hi All, I have file i have values like ---- 112 113 109 112 109 I have another file cat supplierDetails.txt ------------------------- 112|MIMUS|krishnaveni@google.com 113|MIMIRE|krishnaveni@google.com 114|MIMCHN|krishnaveni@google.com 115|CEL|krishnaveni@google.com... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eliminating CR (new lines) from a file.

Hi all, I made a C++ program in dos (in dev-C++) and uploaded it on Solaris box. On opening that file with 'vim' editor i found that there is some extra new lines after each written code line. I tried to find out is the file is in dos or in unix format, with 'file' command,and i got "<file-name>.h:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KornFire
4 Replies

3. Programming

Eliminating a row from a file....

I have a file like 1 0 2 0 3 1 3 0 4 0 6 1 6 0 . . . . . . i need to eliminate values 3 0 and 6 0 in the same way there are such values in the whole file....but 3 1 and 6 1 shuld be present... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamuju
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting number of files that contain words stored in another file

Hi All, I have written a script on this but it does not do the requisite job. My requirement is this: 1. I have two kinds of files each with different extensions. One set of files are *.dat (6000 unique DAT files all in one directory) and another set *.dic files (6000 unique DIC files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Concatenated Words in Input File with Words from a Master File

Hello, I have a complex problem. I have a file in which words have been joined together: Theboy ranslowly I want to be able to correctly split the words using a lookup file in which all the words occur: the boy ran slowly slow put child ly The lookup file which is meant for look up... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
21 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Where are package contents stored for a file, or why aren't they visible w/o right clicking the file

I was wondering about the "Show Package Contents" option in OS X. I have a keynote file that I'm looking at. Exactly where are these contents or its directory stored, because they aren't visible in the Finder window, unless I obviously right click and choose to view them. And I don't think I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract rows from file based on row numbers stored in another file

Hi All, I have a file which is like this: rows.dat 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 8 7 8 9 0 4 3 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 I have another file with numbers like these (numbers.txt): 1 3 4 5 I want to read numbers.txt file line by line. The extract the row from rows.dat based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting concatenated words in input file with words from the same file

Dear all, I am working with names and I have a large file of names in which some words are written together (upto 4 or 5) and their corresponding single forms are also present in the word-list. An example would make this clear annamarie mariechristine johnsmith johnjoseph smith john smith... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to Insert few lines which are stored in some file before a pattern in another file

Hello, I have few lines to be inserted in file_lines_to_insert. In another file final_file, I have to add lines from above file file_lines_to_insert before a particular pattern. e.g. $ cat file_lines_to_insert => contents are abc def lkj In another file final_file, before a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search if file exists for a file pattern stored in array

Hi experts, I have two arrays one has the file paths to be searched in , and the other has the files to be serached.For eg searchfile.dat will have abc303 xyz123 i have to search for files that could be abc303*.dat or for that matter any extension . abc303*.dat.gz The following code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies
NNGRAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NNGRAB(1)

NAME
nngrab - news retrieval by keyword (nn) SYNOPSIS
nngrab [ -c ] keyword DESCRIPTION
nngrab invokes nn on all USENET articles whose subject (or keyword) field(s) contain an instance of keyword. nngrab is a fast equivalent for: nn -mxX -s/keyword all For example, nngrab tesla will retrieve items concerning Nikola Tesla. Keyword case is ignored unless -c is specified, and the keyword can be a regular expressions (escaped to avoid conflicts with the shell). For example, nngrab "n.*tesla" The range of search includes all newsgroups on the system, including ones which are unsubscribed. FILES
$db/subjects subject database SEE ALSO
nn(1), nnspew(8), egrep(1) NOTES
nngrab can be much faster than the equivalent command shown above, if the tertiary news subject database generated by the nnspew(8) daemon exists. To enable the faster operation, nnspew must be executed regularly by cron. nngrab uses egrep(1) to scan the subject database, so if you are not running fast egrep (GNU-style) this is all for naught. nngrab will use a subject database generated by nnspew independent of its age. Thus, if you stop running nnspew, remember to remove the subjects file as well. BUGS
Under version 6.4 onwards, search of the "Keywords:" field is not supported. Search on name is not possible either. AUTHOR
James A. Woods, NASA Ames Research Center E-mail: jaw@ames.arc.nasa.gov 4th Berkeley Distribution Release 6.6 NNGRAB(1)