Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to solve second order (polynomial) interpolation Post 302759197 by Tzeronone on Monday 21st of January 2013 08:59:06 PM
Old 01-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
What do you mean by polynomial interpolation?

Polynomial interpolation is an interpolation that based on three value points (two previous points and next point). So, if we see the data, there are an ID 1, 4, and 8. So, we need to find out the value of 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 based on value 1, 4, and 8. The formula is that
(((x-x2) * (x-x3)) / ((x1-x2) * (x1-x3))) * y1 + (((x-x1) * (x-x3)) / ((x2-x1) * (x2-x3))) * y2 + (((x-x1) * (x-x2)) / ((x3-x1) * (x3-x1))) * y3
x = current ID;
x1 = the first known ID (second previous known ID); ---> 1
x2 = the second known ID (first previous known ID); ---> 4
x3 = the third known ID (next known ID); ---> 8
y1 = the first known value (the value of ID x1)
y2 = the second known value (the value of ID x2)
y3 = the third known value (the value of ID x3)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

variable interpolation

I've become obsessed with trying to get this to work. As of yet, I am unable to figure it out. Unfortunately, I don't have Linux or UNIX available when I get home. Anyone have tips for me on how I can pass param1 to ID via use of COUNTER and loop? thx. LIMIT=6 param1="999999999" export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: egkumpe
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to solve some question about shell Script

Factorial calculation Example output: Please enter a non-negative number: 3 3! = 3 X 2 X 1 = 6 Please enter a non-negative number: 10 10! = 10 X 9 X 8 X 7 X 6 X 5 X 4 X 3 X 2 X 1 = 3628800 Please enter a non-negative number:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cenco
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to solve some question about shell Script

Factorial calculation Example output: Please enter a non-negative number: 3 3! = 3 X 2 X 1 = 6 Please enter a non-negative number: 10 10! = 10 X 9 X 8 X 7 X 6 X 5 X 4 X 3 X 2 X 1 = 3628800 Please enter a non-negative number: -1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cenco
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! SHELL or AWK script - only the masters of the forum will solve

Hello everybody! I have no experience with shell Programmer, but I need to compare 02 files. Txt and generate an output or a new file, after the comparisons. see: If the column 1 of file1 is equal to column 1 of file2, and column 3 of file2 contains the column 4 of file1, output: column1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: He2
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash or awk script to solve this problem

Hi everybody! I have written some awk scripts that return me some results I need to process. At the moment I use openOffice to process them, but I am trying to find a more efficient solution using possibly a bash or awk script. I have two files, file1 is in the format: time position ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alice236
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a bash script and tried very hard but i couldn't solve it please help

please can you help me with this script ( very very important ) what I'm trying is to write program that accepts list of user as its argument 1- If a user or more are given as arguments, the script should reset files permissions as follows: a. Directory ~/share to 750 (if it exists). b. All... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: testman84
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi ! whether it is possible to do interpolation in scripting...

Hi ! Experts... I just wanted to know whether it is possible in scripting...to do interpolation.... if so....have a look on my data file I need temperature and salinity value with a bin size of 0.5 m output looks somewhat like this dep temp sal 0.5 25 0.077 1 25 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve hang issue in script?

i have one function block in the beginning of my script and there are some commands inside that function which will perform some operations. And i am invoking that function from my main script by passing some values. Sometimes it is hanging in the middle for some value. For example: For 1st... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to solve query

Hi I have data in the below format in two columns in excel which i will copy to notepad. test as rec1, string test as rec2, byteint test as rec3, string update date as test, datetime name as tes2 string I need to add trim function on all the string columns and keep the remaining... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pisikar
10 Replies
mlib_ImageZoomTranslateTableBlend(3MLIB)		    mediaLib Library Functions			  mlib_ImageZoomTranslateTableBlend(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_ImageZoomTranslateTableBlend - image scaling using interpolation table, combined with alpha blending SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_ImageZoomTranslateTableBlend(mlib_image *dst, const mlib_image *src, mlib_d64 zoomx, mlib_d64 zoomy, mlib_d64 tx, mlib_d64 ty, const void *table, mlib_edge edge, mlib_blend blend, mlib_s32 cmask); DESCRIPTION
The mlib_ImageZoomTranslateTableBlend() function will enlarge or minify the source image by the X and Y zoom factors, with translation, and blend it with the destination image. It uses the following equation for coordinate mapping: xd = zoomx*xs + tx yd = zoomy*ys + ty where a point with coordinates (xs, ys) in the source image is mapped to a point with coordinates (xd, yd) in the destination image. The center of the upper-left corner pixel of an image is located at (0.5, 0.5). It is assumed that the overall alpha for controlling the blending between the source image and the destination image has been pre-multi- plied to the interpolation table for better performance. The alpha blending is closely combined with the interpolation to achieve better performance. Part of alpha blending has to be performed before or together with the interpolation if the source image has an alpha channel. In that case, the color components of each neighboring source pixel which participates in the interpolation (src_r and etc.) have to be pre-multiplied by the alpha component of the same source pixel (src_a). After the interpolation, the interpolated alpha (interp_a, which has been multiplied by the overall alpha because of the pre-multiplied interpolation table) and the destination pixel's original alpha (dst_a, if any) are used to blend the interpolated source pixel (with components interp_r and etc.) with the destination pixel (with components dst_r and etc.). The MLIB_BLEND_GTK_SRC blending is similar to the SRC rule of the Porter-Duff rules for image compositing. It is defined by Cd = Cs Ad = As in general, and by the following formula for this function: if (interp_a != 0.0) { if (dst_has_alpha) { dst_r = interp_r/interp_a; dst_g = interp_g/interp_a; dst_b = interp_b/interp_a; dst_a = interp_a; } else { dst_r = interp_r; dst_g = interp_g; dst_b = interp_b; dst_a = 1.0; // implied } } else { dst_r = 0; dst_g = 0; dst_b = 0; dst_a = 0; } The MLIB_BLEND_GTK_SRC_OVER or MLIB_BLEND_GTK_SRC_OVER2 blending is similar to the SRC_OVER rule of the Porter-Duff rules for image com- positing. It is defined by Cd = Cs + Cd*(1 - As) Ad = As + Ad*(1 - As) in general, and by the following formula for this function: w = interp_a + (1 - interp_a)*dst_a; if (w != 0.0) { dst_r = (interp_r + (1 - interp_a)*dst_a*dst_r)/w; dst_g = (interp_g + (1 - interp_a)*dst_a*dst_g)/w; dst_b = (interp_b + (1 - interp_a)*dst_a*dst_b)/w; dst_a = w; } else if (MLIB_BLEND_GTK_SRC_OVER) { dst_r = 0; dst_g = 0; dst_b = 0; dst_a = 0; } where src_a, interp_a and dst_a are assumed to be in the range of [0.0, 1.0]. For an image with 4 channels, the first or the fourth channel is considered the alpha channel if cmask equals 8 or 1, respectively. An image with 3 channels is considered to have no alpha channel, which is equivalent to having an alpha channel filled with all 1.0, or 0xff in case of MLIB_BYTE, if the general formulas for blending shown above are used. Both src and dst must be of type MLIB_BYTE. They can have either 3 or 4 channels. The src image cannot have width or height larger than 32767. PARAMETERS
The function takes the following arguments: dst Pointer to destination image. src Pointer to first source image. zoomx X zoom factor. zoomx > 0.0. zoomy Y zoom factor. zoomy > 0.0. tx X translation. ty Y translation. table Pointer to interpolation table structure. edge Type of edge condition. It can be one of the following: MLIB_EDGE_DST_NO_WRITE MLIB_EDGE_DST_FILL_ZERO MLIB_EDGE_OP_NEAREST MLIB_EDGE_SRC_EXTEND MLIB_EDGE_SRC_EXTEND_INDEF MLIB_EDGE_SRC_PADDED blend Type of alpha blending. It can be one of the following: MLIB_BLEND_GTK_SRC MLIB_BLEND_GTK_SRC_OVER MLIB_BLEND_GTK_SRC_OVER2 cmask Channel mask to indicate the alpha channel. RETURN VALUES
The function returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_ImageZoomBlend(3MLIB), mlib_ImageZoomTranslateBlend(3MLIB), mlib_ImageInterpTableCreate(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_ImageZoomTranslateTableBlend(3MLIB)