Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run multiples jobs in background mod Post 302759173 by spacebar on Monday 21st of January 2013 04:37:08 PM
Old 01-21-2013
Ok, I see both jobs are running:
Quote:
Launching first process..
[1] + 536870930 Running <command unknown> Sleeping 20 seconds Launching second process..
[2] + 268435475 Running <command unknown>
[1] - 536870930 Running <command unknown>
Finished.
Quote:
The processTwo comunicates with processOne.
How? Examples......

Quote:
For some reason the processOne doesnt execute well.
I don't understand, What exactly do you mean?
Does 'P1' not respond to communication from 'P2'?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs

Hi, i have a problem with turning a job into backgrund. When i enter this at the shell: spice -b darlington.cir -r output.raw > screenout.tmp & and then let me show the currently running jobs, i get the following output: + Suspended (tty output) spice -b darlington.cir -r output.raw >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qsi
4 Replies

2. Programming

Background jobs

Hi there, I'm quite new to UNIX for programming. I have a script that does this: Shows on screen real-time results taken from phone calls and logs them in a file. However, when I start my script, I want my script to start logging in the file in the background, so I can continue working on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jeremiorama
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Notification from Background jobs

Reposting, as it got lost during the database backup. :( Via a shell script a spawn 3 background jobs namely a, b & c. These will take different times to complete. I want to print a different message on completion of each. How can i find out when each one has completed independently. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
19 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Background jobs

If I run a job in the background and logoff. Will the job continue to run or will my processes be killed ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run same script on multiples servers

Hi All, I have some script that run some commands and send results to my email. I want to run same script on mulitiple servers. How can I do that. I know there is an option "ssh". But I'm not quite sure how to use it in the script. And also. scripts has some parameters like following, if :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Background Jobs

We had a generic process where the jobs are scheduled to run sequentially and in background. We are noticing the problems with the background jobs. Error Message: /bin/ksh: /home/suren/bin/GenericReportScript.sh: cannot execute The same script is existing in bin and it had enough... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureng
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup and background jobs

Hi All, Can someone help me in knowing the exact difference between nohup and &. The definition is quite clear but i only want to know if i run my job using & and in between i hung up my terminal. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uinx_addic
10 Replies

9. AIX

Use of screen in running background jobs and how to use this

Hello, Please advise use of screen in running jobs in nohup background and how to use this Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies
XSETROOT(1)						      General Commands Manual						       XSETROOT(1)

NAME
xsetroot - root window parameter setting utility for X SYNOPSIS
xsetroot [-help] [-def] [-display display] [-cursor cursorfile maskfile] [-cursor_name cursorname] [-bitmap filename] [-mod x y] [-gray] [-grey] [-fg color] [-bg color] [-rv] [-solid color] [-name string] DESCRIPTION
The setroot program allows you to tailor the appearance of the background ("root") window on a workstation display running X. Normally, you experiment with xsetroot until you find a personalized look that you like, then put the xsetroot command that produces it into your X startup file. If no options are specified, or if -def is specified, the window is reset to its default state. The -def option can be specified along with other options and only the non-specified characteristics will be reset to the default state. Only one of the background color/tiling changing options (-solid, -gray, -grey, -bitmap, and -mod) may be specified at a time. OPTIONS
The various options are as follows: -help Print a usage message and exit. -def Reset unspecified attributes to the default values. (Restores the background to the familiar gray mesh and the cursor to the hollow x shape.) -cursor cursorfile maskfile This lets you change the pointer cursor to whatever you want when the pointer cursor is outside of any window. Cursor and mask files are bitmaps (little pictures), and can be made with the bitmap(1) program. You probably want the mask file to be all black until you get used to the way masks work. -cursor_name cursorname This lets you change the pointer cursor to one of the standard cursors from the cursor font. Refer to appendix B of the X protocol for the names (except that the XC_ prefix is elided for this option). -bitmap filename Use the bitmap specified in the file to set the window pattern. You can make your own bitmap files (little pictures) using the bit- map(1) program. The entire background will be made up of repeated "tiles" of the bitmap. -mod x y This is used if you want a plaid-like grid pattern on your screen. x and y are integers ranging from 1 to 16. Try the different combinations. Zero and negative numbers are taken as 1. -gray Make the entire background gray. (Easier on the eyes.) -grey Make the entire background grey. -fg color Use ``color'' as the foreground color. Foreground and background colors are meaningful only in combination with -cursor, -bitmap, or -mod. -bg color Use ``color'' as the background color. -rv This exchanges the foreground and background colors. Normally the foreground color is black and the background color is white. -solid color This sets the background of the root window to the specified color. This option is only useful on color servers. -name string Set the name of the root window to ``string''. There is no default value. Usually a name is assigned to a window so that the win- dow manager can use a text representation when the window is iconified. This option is unused since you can't iconify the back- ground. -display display Specifies the server to connect to; see X(7x). SEE ALSO
X(7x), xset(1), xrdb(1) AUTHOR
Mark Lillibridge, MIT Project Athena X Version 11 Release 6.6 XSETROOT(1)