Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run multiples jobs in background mod Post 302759163 by Corona688 on Monday 21st of January 2013 04:28:42 PM
Old 01-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedrox
Same problem. When i say crash, i mean the first process "stop" when the second process is sending to background.
What is the program?

If it's an interactive thing which expects a terminal, it will get frozen when something else takes control of the terminal.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs

Hi, i have a problem with turning a job into backgrund. When i enter this at the shell: spice -b darlington.cir -r output.raw > screenout.tmp & and then let me show the currently running jobs, i get the following output: + Suspended (tty output) spice -b darlington.cir -r output.raw >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qsi
4 Replies

2. Programming

Background jobs

Hi there, I'm quite new to UNIX for programming. I have a script that does this: Shows on screen real-time results taken from phone calls and logs them in a file. However, when I start my script, I want my script to start logging in the file in the background, so I can continue working on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jeremiorama
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Notification from Background jobs

Reposting, as it got lost during the database backup. :( Via a shell script a spawn 3 background jobs namely a, b & c. These will take different times to complete. I want to print a different message on completion of each. How can i find out when each one has completed independently. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
19 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Background jobs

If I run a job in the background and logoff. Will the job continue to run or will my processes be killed ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run same script on multiples servers

Hi All, I have some script that run some commands and send results to my email. I want to run same script on mulitiple servers. How can I do that. I know there is an option "ssh". But I'm not quite sure how to use it in the script. And also. scripts has some parameters like following, if :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Background Jobs

We had a generic process where the jobs are scheduled to run sequentially and in background. We are noticing the problems with the background jobs. Error Message: /bin/ksh: /home/suren/bin/GenericReportScript.sh: cannot execute The same script is existing in bin and it had enough... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureng
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup and background jobs

Hi All, Can someone help me in knowing the exact difference between nohup and &. The definition is quite clear but i only want to know if i run my job using & and in between i hung up my terminal. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uinx_addic
10 Replies

9. AIX

Use of screen in running background jobs and how to use this

Hello, Please advise use of screen in running jobs in nohup background and how to use this Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies
tcsetpgrp(3C)															     tcsetpgrp(3C)

NAME
tcsetpgrp() - set foreground process group id SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
If the calling process has a controlling terminal, sets the foreground process group ID associated with the terminal referenced by fildes to pgrp_id. The file associated with fildes must be the controlling terminal of the calling process and the controlling terminal must be currently associated with the session of the calling process. The value of pgrp_id must match a process group ID of a process in the same session as the calling process. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, returns -1 and sets to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if any of the following conditions are encountered: [EBADF] fildes is not a valid file descriptor. [EINVAL] The value of the pgrp_id argument is not supported. [ENOTTY] The calling process does not have a controlling terminal, or the fildes is not the controlling terminal, or the con- trolling terminal is no longer associated with the session of the calling process. [EPERM] The value of pgrp_id is a supported value but does not match the process group ID of a process in the same session as the calling process. SEE ALSO
setpgid(2), setsid(2), tcgetpgrp(3C), thread_safety(5), termio(7). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
tcsetpgrp(3C)