Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not able to send the mail using mail and mailx command Post 302759001 by MadeInGermany on Monday 21st of January 2013 07:26:41 AM
Old 01-21-2013
Run a sendmail test:
sendmail -bv abc@xyz.com
Look at DSsmarthost in /etc/{mail/}sendmail.cf
The "smarthost" or "smtp gateway" is part of the SMTP infrastructure where you plug in; it can be a host or (better) an MX record.
An MX record can be looked up with
nslookup -q=mx xyz.com or
dig -t mx xyz.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert the data into excel sheet and send mail using 'mailx' command

Hi all I have a shell script that uses a stored proc to generate output from some tables and send the same in an e-mail using mailx command. Now I need to convert the output to excel format and send e-mail. How can I achieve this. Please help me in this regard, as it's very urgent and I have been... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanbabu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Mailx command to send mail with attachment

Hi, I am using mailx command to send a mail with attachment. It's working fine, but with attachment I am getting one extra attachment like (ATT00131.txt). I have tried to use unix2dos command also. But still I am getting the extra attachment. I am using the following code: subject="temp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanatharv
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to send e-mail using mailx command

Hi All, Can you please help me in solving this. I am facing some problem sending mails. If I use like this, I am able to send mail the mail echo "This is an automated e-mail; please do not reply." | mailx -s "Good Morning ." 'abc@xys.com' But if I use like this, then I am unable to send... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manas6
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

send attachment and body in one mail using mailx

Hi, Our requirement is to send an attachment and content in a single mail. I am using the below command to send attachement. --------------------- (uuencode $exp_file $exp_file) |mailx -s "$email_subject" $EmailRecipients -------------------- I m not able to send any message in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to send mail through mailx

Hi, I am using solaris 5.9 OS and I am facing an issues with mailx. My SMTP port is configured to listen 6190 and not the default one which is 25. I can send mail to my inbox when i do it manually through the following steps root@<dbname> # telnet 15.12.88.10 6190 Trying 15.12.88.10...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinathkiru
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail using mailx to CC only, not TO

Hi All, I am using mailx to send the mail. Due to some changes in the requirement, I need to send the mail to CC only (an Email id in CC), with no email ID in "TO" field. Can we do that? bcz I used -c flag only and got the message:":The flags you gave make no sense since you're not sending... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unankix
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command - send mail as table format

I have to send a couple of rows that have been returned from a SQL query. I have written the output of the query to a file and while i try to print this in the mail body the formatting goes wrong. Intended Output in mail body: Col1 Col2 Col3 ------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send mail with 'mail' command

I am unable to cause the 'mail' command to send mail from my linux ubuntu 15.10 computer. File 'mail.log' typically reports Connection timed out. I issue the command: mail -s "my subject" recipient@domain.com < filenamewhere filename is a file containing my message. Specifically, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcnm
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies