Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Millions of record using shell script Post 302758865 by kailas.girase on Monday 21st of January 2013 02:06:18 AM
Old 01-21-2013
If you want to use file as external table then below one is also can be good option :

i=1; while [ $i -lt 10 ]; do echo "$i , $i name ,$i address , $i sales , "; ((i=$i+1)) done >> E_your_table

You will get below result
1 , 1 name ,1 address , 1 sales ,
2 , 2 name ,2 address , 2 sales ,
3 , 3 name ,3 address , 3 sales ,
4 , 4 name ,4 address , 4 sales ,
5 , 5 name ,5 address , 5 sales ,
6 , 6 name ,6 address , 6 sales ,
7 , 7 name ,7 address , 7 sales ,
8 , 8 name ,8 address , 8 sales ,
9 , 9 name ,9 address , 9 sales ,

Hope you find this useful .

Last edited by kailas.girase; 01-21-2013 at 03:14 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to kailas.girase For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script failing to read large Xml record-urgent critical help

Hi All, I have shell script running on AIX 5.3 box. It has 7 to 8 "sed" commands piped(|) together. It has a an Xml file as its input which has many records internally. There are certain record which which have more than hundered tags.The script is taking a huge amount of time more than 1.5 hrs... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing record into multiple records in Shell Script

Hi, I am trying to parse a very long record in a text file into multiple records by checking ADD, DELETE, or MODIFY field value in a shell script. Input # File name xyz.txt ADD|N000|8015662|DELETE|N001|9915662|MODIFY|N999|85678 Output ADD|N000|8015662| DELETE|N001|9915662|... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating millions of record using shell script

Hi All, My requirement is like this. I want to generate records of 1 million lines. If I say lines it means one line will contain some string or numbers like AA,3,4,45,+223424234,Tets,Ghdj,+33434,345453434,........................ upto length lets say 41. ( 41 comma sepearted aplha numneric... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahil2k9
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for searching a record,copy to a file and then delete it

Hi, I have a requirement in hand: I have a file with millions of records say file 1.I have another file, say file 2 which has 2000 records in it. The requirement is to read file2 , and remove the read record from file 1 and move i to a seperate file, file 3. For eg: Read file 2, get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumara2010
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to zip/tar millions of files?

Hi guys, I have an issue processing a large amount of files. I have around 5 million files (some of them are actually directories) in a server. I am unable to find out the exact number of files since it's taking "forever" to finish (See this thread for more on the issue). Anyway, now I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to remove millions of tmp files in /html/cache/ directory

Hello, I just saw that on my vps (centOS) my oscommerce with a seo script has created millions of tmp files inside the /html/cache/ directory. I would need to remove all those files (millions), I tried via shell but the vps loads goes to very high and it hangs, is there some way to do a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andymc1
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract record in shell script,so far using awk without success

hello, I require help in the following. There is a report similar to the ones shown here. I need to do couple of things 10/07 12:47 0003210042 R TENN ANVISER0 DELF96A.V1.O.TENRREG 120710 124657 U 00000 DELFOR 1 4331 10/07 12:47 0003210043 S TENN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshv
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print record count of a file using shell script

HI, I need to print the record count of a file using shell script. If the record count of a file excluding header and trailer record if greater than zero then print 'Record count of a file is xxxx records'. If the record count is zero print 'zero records' Thanks Mahendra (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmeda
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for field wise record count for different Files .csv files

Hi, Very good wishes to all! Please help to provide the shell script for generating the record counts in filed wise from the .csv file My question: Source file: Field1 Field2 Field3 abc 12f sLm 1234 hjd 12d Hyd 34 Chn My target file should generate the .csv file with the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kirands
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need code for updating second record to first record in shell scripting

Hi,, I have requirement that i need to get DISTINCT values from a table and if there are two records i need to update it to one record and then need to submit INSERT statements by using the updated value as a parameter. Here is the example follows.. SELECT DISTINCT ID FROM OFFER_GROUP WHERE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samah
1 Replies
name(1m)																  name(1m)

NAME
name - A dcecp object that compares and expands DCE names SYNOPSIS
name compare name name name expand name name get string_binding name help [operation | -verbose] name operations name parse name ARGUMENTS
The name of an object in the DCE namespace. Examples of names include principal names, names of security groups, names of Cell Directory Service (CDS) objects like directories, softlinks, child pointers and so on, names of remote procedure call (RPC) entries and RPC groups, and Distributed File Service (DFS) filenames. The name of the name operation for which to display help information. An RPC string binding (without the object UUID) that identifies the network location of the target name. It contains an RPC protocol and a network address in the form: rpc_prot_seq:network_addr DESCRIPTION
The name object resolves, compares, and parses DCE names and string bindings. OPERATIONS
name compare Compares two names. The syntax is as follows: name compare name name The compare operation compares two names given as arguments and returns 1 if both syntactically refer to the same name. Otherwise, it returns 0. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the name compare command. Examples dcecp> name compare /.:/sales/east east Error: Incomplete name dcecp> dcecp> name compare /.:/sales/east /.../org_cell/sales/east 1 dcecp> name expand Expands a simple DCE name to a global name. The syntax is as follows: name expand name The expand operation takes a single name as an argument and returns the canonical form of the name. This operation has the effect of con- verting /.: to /.../cellname. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the name expand command. Examples dcecp> name expand /.:/sales /.../org_cell/sales dcecp> name get Returns a hostname given a full or partial string binding. The syntax is as follows: name get string_binding The get operation returns the host name identified by a specified string binding. The string_binding argument is a single string binding; you cannot supply multiple bindings in one operation. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the name get command. Examples dcecp> name get ncan_ip_tcp:15.21.248.170 hosts/goober dcecp> name help Returns help information about the name object and its operations. The syntax is as follows: name help [operation | -verbose] Options Displays information about the name object. Used without an argument or option, the name help operation returns brief information about each name operation. The optional operation argument is the name of the operation about which you want detailed information. Alternatively, you can use the -verbose option for more detailed information about the name object itself. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the name help command. Examples dcecp> name help compare Compares two names syntactically. expand Returns the canonical form of a name. get Gets host name from a partial or full string binding. parse Parses name into cell name and residual name. help Prints a summary of command-line options. operations Returns a list of the valid operations for this command. dcecp> name operations Returns a list of the operations supported by the name object. The syntax is as follows: name operations The list of available operations is in alphabetical order except for help and operations, which are listed last. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the name operations command. Examples dcecp> name operations compare expand get parse help operations dcecp> name parse Divides a name into a cell name and a residual name. The syntax is as follows: name parse name The parse operation parses a name into a cell name and a residual name. The argument is a single DCE name. The operation returns a list of two elements: cell name and residual name. A name not beginning with a / (slash) is considered to be a name in the local cell. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the name parse command. Examples dcecp> name parse hosts/goober /.../pokey hosts/goober dcecp> RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: dcecp(1m). name(1m)