Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need script to compare and redirect Post 302758751 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 20th of January 2013 06:31:02 PM
Old 01-20-2013
you could try the -vxf pattern_file grep arguments instead of your awk code: eg:

Code:
while read server
do
   sudo ssh $server zoneadm list
done < sol_servers_global | grep -v global > /var/tmp/all_zones

grep -xvf solaris_non_global_zones_from_DB /var/tmp/all_zones > /var/tmp/servers_not_in_db
grep -xvf /var/tmp/all_zones solaris_non_global_zones_from_DB > /var/tmp/servers_not_exist

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search--Compare--Redirect

Hai Guru's, I have 3 files.A,B,C The file A,B is very huge.What i need to do is...I just get each record from file A and compare with File B...if the record presents...redirect the record to File C..otherwise not needed... Kindly give me ur valuable suggestions to resolve the above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satheesh_color
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How redirect script output from inside of script?

Is it possible to redirect a script output by command inside of that script? I mean, if I have a script 'dosome.sh' I could run it by >dosome.sh > dosome.log I would dream to get some command inside of scrip to do the same; so, running the dosome.sh would have all output redirected to a log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare and redirect to new file

hi i have two file a.txt 123,b,c,d,e 111,c,d,e,f, 456,a,k,j,h b.txt 123 678 987 321 456 i want to compare these two files(match content of b first coloum with a ) and o/p should be like 123,d,e 456,j,h pls help.....:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish19
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect bg process output to within the script

Hi, I have a process running in the background, which throws up some output to the terminal when I run my script. How can I read this output from my script? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Theju
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect ErrorLog to a script

Hello, guys! I need to redirect the error_log of apache web server to a script. I tried to use a pipe instead of a filename but this will cause me some troubles beacause cPanel doesn't like it. So, I would like to try something else. Do you have any ideea on how can I read the content of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot redirect to STDIN in a shell script

I am unable to use STDIn redirection with < (commands) When I do the following, both approaches work and give the same results: 1. $ printf "aaa\nbbb\n" > file1 $ printf "111\n222\n" > file2 $ cat file1 file2 aaa bbb 111 2222. $ cat <(printf "aaa\nbbb\n") <(printf "111\n222\n") aaa... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: metaltree
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect the output in shell script for tftp

I've been using tftp in one of my file #!/bin/bash filename1="config1h.txt" filename2="config15.txt" hostname="test.com" tftp $hostname <</dev/null get $filename1 get $filename2 quit EOF My output looks like this # ./test3.sh tftp> Received 1262 bytes in 0.0 seconds tftp> Received... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP Redirect Script

Hello Unix.com, I badly need to get rid of drones that access my website. I'm using a hits php script that logs every ip that visits my index.php. Looks like this: <?php $IP = getenv("REMOTE_ADDR"); $day = date('l jS \of F Y h:i:s A'); $fout = fopen("hits.txt", "a"); fputs($fout,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to call a menu script and redirect each option to a text file

Hello, I want to design a script that will call an existing menu script and select options one by one and redirict the out put to a file. For example;- In the script MENU.sh there are 10 options i want to design a script MENU2.sh that will select option 2 3 4 6 7 10 and redirict the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spradha
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the messages from the script to console in Linux?

msg.sh #!/bin/bash if then echo "starting service" else echo " service not started" echo " Please check the start.sh file or manuly start the service" fi if i login with root credentials @12.36.34.123 with passwd username:root passwd:abc once i login into linux pc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
6 Replies
asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS)				   User Commands				 asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-virtual-servers, list-virtual-servers - gets the virtual servers SYNOPSIS
list-virtual-servers --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] Gets all the virtual server elements. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using list-virtual-servers asadmin> list-virtual-servers --user admin --password adminadmin --host localhost --port 4848 Command list-virtual-servers executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-virtual-server(1AS), asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS)