Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Gpg: out of memory while allocating 8192 bytes Post 302758691 by sradithya on Sunday 20th of January 2013 01:39:20 PM
Old 01-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinajith
Is that period (.) missing in front of directory name gnupg for server not working?
Code:
/home/ gnupg

sorry my bad...it was a typo...

it looks the same on both the servers.

---------- Post updated at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sradithya
sorry my bad...it was a typo...

it looks the same on both the servers.
We even tried re-install, restore from back ups, creating a mount to the server thats working, server recycle etc, but nothing helps.

The memory issue "gpg: out of memory while allocating 8192 bytes" doesn't indicate which component its trying to hit is having a problem.

The server looks just fine and all the functionalities are working. It has enough physical and swap/page memory.

All the file systems are thoroughly checked and have enough free memory.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Process crash when allocating memory

Hi I'm currently using C++ on a HP-UX 11i system (upgrading some libraries) and am encountering a problem with the process crashing when allocating memory via a call to new (a rather large array of objects are being created). Is there a way to find out what the sizes of the stack and heap are?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: themezzaman
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first N bytes and last N bytes from a binary file on AIX.

Hi all, Does anybody know or guide me on how to remove the first N bytes and the last N bytes from a binary file? Is there any AWK or SED or any command that I can use to achieve this? Your help is greatly appreciated!! Best Regards, Naveen. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveendronavall
1 Replies

3. Linux

Allocating available space to file system

have a VMWARE machine, I have extended it from 20GB to 30GB for Linux box. The linux box shows this for df -hal: Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on -dev-mapper-VolGroup00-LogVol00 19G 5.9G 12G 34% - proc 0 0 0 - -proc sysfs 0 0 0 - -sys devpts 0 0 0 - -dev-pts -dev-sda1 99M 13M... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mackman
1 Replies

4. Programming

Allocating data arrays in C++

lets say that I have a two dimensional array: char myarray; and my process of taking in values from an input file is this: for(i=0;x<2;i++) // 2 is the amount of rows in the array { input>>myarray; } now when I display my array my output is this: why hello To make this work... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
8 Replies

5. Web Development

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted

Any clues on how to get rid of this PHP error? PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /website/www/includes/functions_manpages.php on line 58 PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted(tried to allocate 401 bytes)

While running script I am getting an error like Few lines in data are not being processed. After googling it I came to know that adding such line would give some memory to it ini_set("memory_limit","64M"); my input file size is 1 GB. Is that memory limit is based on RAM we have on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
1 Replies

7. Programming

Copying 1024 bytes data in 3-bytes chunk

Hi, If I want to copy a 1024 byte data stream in to the target location in 3-bytes chunk, I guess I can use the following script. dd bs=1024 count=3 if=/src of=/dest But, I would like to know, how to do it via a C program. I have tried this with memcpy(), that did not help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X bytes of 0, Y bytes of random data, Z bytes of 5, T bytes of 1. ??

Hello guys. I really hope someone will help me with this one.. So, I have to write this script who: - creates a file home/student/vmdisk of 10 mb - formats that file to ext3 - mounts that partition to /mnt/partition - creates a file /mnt/partition/data. In this file, there will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: razolo13
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - entered input(1-40 bytes) needs to be converted exactly 40 bytes

hello, suppose, entered input is of 1-40 bytes, i need it to be converted to 40 bytes exactly. example: if i have entered my name anywhere between 1-40 i want it to be stored with 40 bytes exactly. enter your name: donald duck (this is of 11 bytes) expected is as below - display 11... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shravan.300
3 Replies
GPG-ZIP(1)						      General Commands Manual							GPG-ZIP(1)

NAME
gpg-zip - encrypt or sign files into an archive SYNOPSIS
gpg-zip [OPTIONS] filename1 [filename2, ...] directory1 [directory2, ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the gpg-zip command. gpg-zip encrypts or signs files into an archive. It is an gpg-ized tar using the same format as PGP's PGP Zip. OPTIONS
-e, --encrypt Encrypt data. This option may be combined with --symmetric (for output that may be decrypted via a secret key or a passphrase). -d, --decrypt Decrypt data. -c, --symmetric Encrypt with a symmetric cipher using a passphrase. The default symmetric cipher used is CAST5, but may be chosen with the --cipher-algo option to gpg(1). -s, --sign Make a signature. See gpg(1). -r, --recipient USER Encrypt for user id USER. See gpg(1). -u, --local-user USER Use USER as the key to sign with. See gpg(1). --list-archive List the contents of the specified archive. -o, --output FILE" Write output to specified file FILE. --gpg GPG Use the specified command instead of gpg. --gpg-args ARGS Pass the specified options to gpg(1). --tar TAR Use the specified command instead of tar. --tar-args ARGS Pass the specified options to tar(1). -h, --help Output a short usage information. --version Output the program version. DIAGNOSTICS
The program returns 0 if everything was fine, 1 otherwise. EXAMPLES
Encrypt the contents of directory mydocs for user Bob to file test1: gpg-zip --encrypt --output test1 --gpg-args -r Bob"" mydocs List the contents of archive test1: gpg-zip --list-archive test1 SEE ALSO
gpg(1), tar(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Please report bugs to <bug-gnupg@gnu.org>. This manpage was written by Colin Tuckley <colin@tuckley.org> and Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> for the Debian distribution (but may be used by others). November 2006 GPG-ZIP(1)