Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract record from file based on section. Post 302757983 by lathigara on Friday 18th of January 2013 09:19:40 AM
Old 01-18-2013
Extract record from file based on section.

input file
output file

Last edited by lathigara; 01-18-2013 at 10:45 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk--get section of file based 2 params

I need to get a section of a file based on 2 params. I want the part of the file between param 1 & 2. I have tried a bunch of ways and just can't seem to get it right. Can someone please help me out.....its much appreciated. Here is what I have found that looks like what I want....but doesn't... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy Cook
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract first and last line of different record from a file

Hi all I want to inquire that is there any unix command that can help me while extracting first and last line in a file ( TEST.dat) for example in the below record i want to extract the line that are in BOLD text or in other words i want to extract line no 1,3,4 and 7 aa 1 2 3 aa 2 3 4... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bungash125
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting A Section of A File Based On the Time Within It

Hi, I have a file formated like this: John 7.22 2010-01-25_17:01:36 George 8.22 2010-01-25_17:02:36 Bob 9.62 2010-01-25_17:04:36 Jane 10.11 2010-01-25_17:05:36 Emma 4.52 2010-01-25_17:01:36 What I want to do is cut out only the entries that have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output from the file to extract "date" section

Hello Team , I have to extract date section from the below file output. The output of the file is as shown below. I have to extract the "" this section from the above output of the file. can anyone please let me know how can we acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a section based on search from other file

Hi Everyone, I need some help to accomplish the below. help is highly appriciated. I have a 45 mb file with ldap entries. Each user entry is separated by a string # entry-id: 1 and so on. Some of the entries has a string xyz: true. I want to delete the section if the user section has xyz: true... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying section of file based on search criteria

Hi Guru's, I am new to unix scripting. I have a huge file with user details in it(file2) and I have another file with a list of users(file1). Script has to search a user from file1 and get all the associated lines from file2. Example: fiel1: cn=abc cn=DEF cn=xyx File 2: dn:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping record of file 2 based on a reference file 1 in awk

I have 2 input files (tab separated): file1: make_A 1990 foo bar make_B 2010 this that make_C 2004 these those file2: make_X 1970 1995 ref_1:43 ref_2:65 make_A 1970 1995 ref_1:4 ref_2:21 ref_3:18 make_A 1980 2002 ref_1:7 ref_2:7 ref_3:0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

EBCDIC File Split Based On Record Key

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how to split a variable length EBCDIC file into seperate files based on the record key. I have the COBOL layout, and so I need to split the file into 13 different EBCDIC files so that I can run each one through a C++ converter I have, and get the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanshot1stx
11 Replies
cueconvert(1)						      General Commands Manual						     cueconvert(1)

NAME
cueconvert - convert files between CUE and TOC formats SYNOPSIS
cueconvert [ -i format | --input-format=format ] [ -o format | --output-format=format ] [ infile [ outfile ] ] cueconvert --help DESCRIPTION
cueconvert coverts files between the CUE and TOC formats, each of which are commonly used by compact disc ripping software to denote track breakpoints and other data. The operands are optional; if infile is not specified, cueconvert reads from standard input, and if outfile is not specified, it writes to standard output. If no filenamess are specified, standard input is used, and an input format option must be specified. The complementary format is used for output. If filenames are provided, but format options are not specified, the input and output formats will be guessed based on each filename's suf- fix (e.g., .cue or .toc). This heuristic is case-insensitive. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a usage message and exits. -i format, --input-format=format sets the expected format of the input file to format. -o format, --output-format=format sets the format of the generated output file to format. The option argument format must be either cue or toc. EXIT STATUS
cueconvert exits with status zero if it successfully coverts the input file, and nonzero if there were problems. AUTHOR
Cuetools was written by Svend Sorensen. Branden Robinson contributed fixes and enhancements to the utilities and documentation. SEE ALSO
cuebreakpoints(1), cueprint(1) cueconvert(1)