Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to configure vnc on RHEL 6.1? Post 302757913 by rehantayyab82 on Friday 18th of January 2013 07:34:32 AM
Old 01-18-2013
i dont know how to find list of RPM contents.

is there any difference in vnc , tigervnc , real vnc ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Difference between RHEL 3 AND RHEL 4

Anybody, let me know major differences between RHEL 3 & 4 . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi_13
2 Replies

2. Ubuntu

How to configure YUM in RHEL 4.0

Hi guys Can anyone assist me how to configure YUM in RHEL4.0. and from where i can get the YUM package for RHEL4.0. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

3. SuSE

configure vnc sles 11

Is there any doc/procedure to set up VNC on SLES 11 to connect from windows clients?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_linux
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Who can give me a document for configure nagios on RHEL 5

Who can give me a document for configure nagios on RHEL 5,thanks . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhengsenlin
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5?

I wanted to know how to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5. I hope, my query is clear of how to setup DNS for RHEL 5. Please revert with the reply to my query Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows->RHEL->RHEL X11 Forwarding?

I know this question might have been asked a lot but couldn't find anything that worked. From a windows machine 'A' I can only SSH into Linux server 'B' from where I can SSH into another Linux server 'C'. I need to be able to run GUI interfaces on server C which run on my Windows machine. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hr.prasan
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Is it possible to install RHEL 7 on top of RHEL 6?

Hi We have RHEL 6.7 on an HP physical server and want to install RHEL 7 (not upgrade) on top of it by means of virtualization. Is it possible to install/configure RHEV/KVM virtualization on base RHEL 6.7 OS instance and then install RHEL 7 as a VM guest on it? If yes, could you please guide me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies
vncpasswd(1)						     Virtual Network Computing						      vncpasswd(1)

NAME
vncpasswd - change the VNC password SYNOPSIS
vncpasswd [passwd-file] vncpasswd -f DESCRIPTION
vncpasswd allows you to set the password used to access VNC desktops. Its default behavior is to prompt for a VNC password and then store an obfuscated version of this password to passwd-file (or to $HOME/.vnc/passwd if no password file is specified.) The vncserver script runs vncpasswd the first time you start a VNC desktop, and it invokes Xvnc with the appropriate -rfbauth option. vncviewer can also be given a password file to use via the -passwd option. The password must be at least six characters long (unless the -f command-line option is used-- see below), and only the first eight charac- ters are significant. Note that the stored password is not encrypted securely - anyone who has access to this file can trivially find out the plain-text password, so vncpasswd always sets appropriate permissions (read and write only by the owner.) However, when accessing a VNC desktop, a challenge-response mechanism is used over the wire making it hard for anyone to crack the password simply by snooping on the network. OPTIONS
-f Filter mode. Read a plain-text password from stdin and write an encrypted version to stdout. Note that in filter mode, short or even empty passwords will be silently accepted. FILES
$HOME/.vnc/passwd Default location of the VNC password file. SEE ALSO
vncviewer(1), vncserver(1), Xvnc(1) vncconfig(1), http://www.tigervnc.org AUTHORS
Tristan Richardson, RealVNC Ltd. Antoine Martin D. R. Commander VNC was originally developed by the RealVNC team while at Olivetti Research Ltd / AT&T Laboratories Cambridge. TightVNC additions were implemented by Constantin Kaplinsky. Many other people participated in development, testing and support. TigerVNC 09 Jul 2010 vncpasswd(1)