Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to configure vnc on RHEL 6.1? Post 302757905 by Scott on Friday 18th of January 2013 07:19:24 AM
Old 01-18-2013
You would have to list the contents of those RPM's to see where it has placed the configuration files.

I'm not familiar with the packages you've installed, as I only tend to use TigerVNC, for which I can tell you the configuration file is /etc/sysconfig/vncservers, but for the package you've installed, you need to list its contents, as I said.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Difference between RHEL 3 AND RHEL 4

Anybody, let me know major differences between RHEL 3 & 4 . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi_13
2 Replies

2. Ubuntu

How to configure YUM in RHEL 4.0

Hi guys Can anyone assist me how to configure YUM in RHEL4.0. and from where i can get the YUM package for RHEL4.0. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

3. SuSE

configure vnc sles 11

Is there any doc/procedure to set up VNC on SLES 11 to connect from windows clients?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_linux
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Who can give me a document for configure nagios on RHEL 5

Who can give me a document for configure nagios on RHEL 5,thanks . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhengsenlin
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5?

I wanted to know how to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5. I hope, my query is clear of how to setup DNS for RHEL 5. Please revert with the reply to my query Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows->RHEL->RHEL X11 Forwarding?

I know this question might have been asked a lot but couldn't find anything that worked. From a windows machine 'A' I can only SSH into Linux server 'B' from where I can SSH into another Linux server 'C'. I need to be able to run GUI interfaces on server C which run on my Windows machine. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hr.prasan
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Is it possible to install RHEL 7 on top of RHEL 6?

Hi We have RHEL 6.7 on an HP physical server and want to install RHEL 7 (not upgrade) on top of it by means of virtualization. Is it possible to install/configure RHEV/KVM virtualization on base RHEL 6.7 OS instance and then install RHEL 7 as a VM guest on it? If yes, could you please guide me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies
VINAGRE(1)						      General Commands Manual							VINAGRE(1)

NAME
vinagre - a remote desktop viewer for the GNOME Desktop SYNOPSYS
vinagre [OPTIONS] [server][::port|:display] DESCRIPTION
vinagre is a remote desktop viewer for the GNOME desktop. It can support many protocols using a plugin system. Current plugins exist for VNC and SSH. Vinagre has many features, among others:. - Support for multiple connections simultaneously - Bookmarks and history support - Avahi integration - GNOME keyring integration - You can connect to a VNC server by double clicking on a .vnc file when using nautilus. OPTIONS
Help Options: -?, --help Show help options Application Options: -F, --file=filename Opens a .vnc file -f, --fullscreen Open Vinagre in fullscreen mode --geometry=GEOMETRY Specify geometry of the Vinagre window in X11 format -n, --new-window Create a new toplevel window in an existing instance of Vinagre --display=DISPLAY X display to use Run 'vinagre --help' to see a full list of available command line options OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: [server][::port|:display] Specifies the VNC server to connect to. The VNC server can be either a hostname, or an IP address. If the server is an IPv6 address, it must be enclosed by square brackets. The address can optionally be followed by two colons (::) and the VNC port number, or alter- natively by one colon (:) and the display where Vinagre should run. If a port is not specified, default value of 5900 will be used. If the value is lower than 1024, 5900 will be added to it. For example, ":0" means "5900" and ":1" means ":5901". If only a port is specified, but not the hostname, localhost will be assumed. Possible values for the display are between 0 and 1024. If a display number greater than 1024 is specified, it will be assumed to be a port. Note that you can't specify the port and the display at the same time. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Start vinagre from the command line example% vinagre Example 2: Create a new top-level window example% vinagre --new-window Example 3: Connect to a specified VNC server and port example% vinagre snoopy::5900 Example 4: Connect to a specified IPv4 address and port example% vinagre 192.168.1.35::2700 Example 5: Connect to a specified IPv6 address and port example% vinagre [2001:0db8:0:0:0:0:1428:57ab]::2700 Example 6: Connect to a VNC server specified by a .vnc file example% vinagre -F snoopy.vnc Example 7: Connect to localhost on a specified port in fullscreen mode example% vinagre -f ::5900 SEE ALSO
Vinagre help manual AUTHOR
Vinagre was written by Jonh Wendell <wendell@bani.com.br> and David King <amigadave@amigadave.com> This manual page was written by Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@ubuntu.com> and Halton Huo <halton.huo@sun.com>. User Commands April 18, 2011 VINAGRE(1)