Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clip mask on all screen
Top Forums Programming Clip mask on all screen Post 302757763 by Yuriy on Friday 18th of January 2013 02:39:53 AM
Old 01-18-2013
Clip mask on all screen

Hello everyone.
I'm programming in C with xlib (standart libs).
I need set GC with transparent pixmap (in some pixels).
I have colored pixmap, that set tile for GC via XSetTile. This pixmap is painted on all screen.
And I have mask, created by this pixmap. This mask is set by XSetClipMask.
But mask is set only for one pixmap, that stay in (0, 0).
How I can multiple this mask on all screen?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clearing paste/clip board

Hello..... Is there anyway that I can clear the clipboard/paste/buffer in UNIX, Xterm, telnet? I have a number of scripts that require values being inputted correctly by the user. I have nothing to validate the values so I have to put trust in their ability to cut/paste correctly. :rolleyes: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

clip selective text and minus

After doing some scripting in a log file, I am left with some lines like this. 10:00:00 Received Message Message ID 1 10:05:00 Published Message Message ID 1 10:10:00 Received Message Message ID 2 10:15:00 Published Message Message ID 2 10:20:00 Received Message Message ID 3 10:26:00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srini123
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trim 165 MB video clip with ffmpeg (only last 3 minutes)

Hi original video clip > ls -alh reallynotpr0n.flv -rw-r--r-- 1 jonny staff 165M Nov 18 19:57 reallynotpr0n.flvtrying to cut only last 3 minutes of the clip out. > ffmpeg -i reallynotpr0n.flv -vcodec copy -acodec copy -ss 00:52:00 -t 00:03:48 trimmed_video.avi ffmpeg version 0.7.7,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Samba create mask and dir mask on RHEL 4.8

Hi Experts, I'm using samba -3.6.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 8) ,all seems ok. The issue im facing is as follows. When ever a user creates a file via windows explorer the permissions assgined to the file are as follows -rw-rwxr--+ 1 tom group2 0 Mar 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is mask and effective right mask in setfacl?

Hi Guys, can someone explain what is mask and effective right mask in setfacl and getfacl command with example, unable to get it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
3 Replies
XCreatePixmap(3X11)						     MIT X11R4						       XCreatePixmap(3X11)

Name
       XCreatePixmap, XFreePixmap - create or destroy pixmaps

Syntax
       Pixmap XCreatePixmap(display, d, width, height, depth)
	  Display *display;
	  Drawable d;
	  unsigned int width, height;
	  unsigned int depth;

XFreePixmap(display, pixmap)
	  Display *display;
	  Pixmap pixmap;

Arguments
       d	 Specifies which screen the pixmap is created on.

depth	 Specifies the depth of the pixmap.

display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

pixmap	 Specifies the pixmap.

width
       height	 Specify the width and height, which define the dimensions of the pixmap.

Description
       The function creates a pixmap of the width, height, and depth you specified and returns a pixmap ID that identifies it.	It is valid to
       pass an window to the drawable argument.  The width and height arguments must be nonzero, or a error results.  The depth argument must be
       one of the depths supported by the screen of the specified drawable, or a error results.

The server uses the specified drawable to determine on which screen to create the pixmap.  The pixmap can be used only on this screen and
       only with other drawables of the same depth (see for an exception to this rule).  The initial contents of the pixmap are undefined.

can generate and errors.

The function first deletes the association between the pixmap ID and the pixmap.  Then, the X server frees the pixmap storage when there
       are no references to it.  The pixmap should never be referenced again.

can generate a error.

Diagnostics
       The server failed to allocate the requested resource or server memory.

A value for a Drawable argument does not name a defined Window or Pixmap.

A value for a Pixmap argument does not name a defined Pixmap.

Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request.
		 Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument
		 defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error.

See Also
       XCopyArea(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XCreatePixmap(3X11)