Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Unable to update Fedora after upgrading from Fedora17 to Fedora18 Post 302757723 by vaibhavvsk on Friday 18th of January 2013 01:03:55 AM
Old 01-18-2013
Unable to update Fedora after upgrading from Fedora17 to Fedora18

I have just upgraded to fedora 18 from 17 using fedup tool. The upgradation process succeeded and I can feel the new desktop appearance of fedora18.

when I tried to update using yum update. I can see that the fedora17 files are not removed completely and they are also listed below the files to be updated list.

I have attached the standard output of the terminal update window with the thread.

could anyone help me out to fix it ? Smilie

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Fedora 14 Update

Hi experts. I have installed Fedora 13 and new release Fedora 14 is available, then: If I instal fedora 14 from CD created from iso file Will be lost all my data and current configuration? What is the correct process to update my system? Thanks a lot for your advice and please be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orma
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Unable to boot Fedora 10

Hello, I have a test PC running Fedora 10. Friday evening it was working fine, I have some perl scripts which are scheduled to run every morning. But when I started work this morning, I found I cannot ping the machine. When I switched on the monitor, I saw the GRUB promt :(. I am not sure... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SivaramaRaju
10 Replies
bcron-update(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   bcron-update(8)

NAME
bcron-update - Update system crontabs. SYNOPSIS
bcron-update path [ path ... ] DESCRIPTION
bcron-update polls the named files or directories periodically to see if there are any new, changed, or removed files. When it detects changes, it mirrors those changes into the crontab spool directory. bcron-update runs as root in order to be able to read system files that would potentially be unreadable otherwise. On Debian, if path is a directory, bcron-update skips files in this directory with names that do not solely consist of lower- and uppercase letters ('a'-'z', 'A'-'Z'), digits ('0'-'9'), underscores ('_'), and hyphens ('-'). EXAMPLES
To mirror modern vixie-cron's behavior, use: bcron-update /etc/crontab /etc/cron.d ENVIRONMENT
BCRON_SPOOL The spool directory for bcron. Defaults to /var/spool/cron. BCRON_USER After writing files and before moving them into their final location, bcron-update changes the ownership of the file to this user so that bcron-sched can read them. SEE ALSO
bcron-sched(8) DIAGNOSTICS
bcron-update outputs three different kinds of messages about actions it is taking. Rescanning /etc/cron.d The named directory has been modified, and will be scanned to determine what files have been added or deleted. -/etc/cron.d/oldfile The named file no longer exists and will be removed from the spool. +/etc/cron.d/newfile The named file was either created or modified since the last scan, and will be copied into the spool. AUTHOR
Bruce Guenter <bruceg@em.ca> bcron-update(8)