Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to increment a string variable? Post 302757635 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 17th of January 2013 10:01:24 PM
Old 01-17-2013
How about:

Code:
for nic in $(ifconfig -s | awk 'NR>1&&$1!="lo"{print $1}')
do
    echo "SPEED & DUPLEX OF $nic: " $(ethtool $nic | grep -iE "duplex|speed")
done

Code:
SPEED & DUPLEX OF p2p1:  Speed: 100Mb/s Duplex: Full
SPEED & DUPLEX OF p2p2:  Speed: 1000Mb/s Duplex: Full

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

increment a Variable

hi, i want to increment a Variable but it doesnt work. here my codé COUNT=1 COUNT= 'expr $COUNT + 1' i've tried it in the prompt but it print me: expr: syntaxerror What does I make wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cengiz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment variable stored in a file

Hi, I want to write a perl script, which will increment number stored in file. I want to do this without any file handles. I think we have to use some UNIX commands. I am not sure how to do this with file handles. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solitare123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment of a variable

Hi All, I have a variable n that stores a number. Eg. echo $n comes out to be 120. I need to print 121 using echo command on n. Please advice. Thanks in advance !! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learning_skills
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment a variable in unix bash

Hello There, I have been trying to increment the value of variable to 1, 2, 3 etc. but, it displays 1 1+1 1+1+1 ..... :wall: Could anyone help out with this? for i in *.* do s=`expr $s+1` echo $s j=$i$j mv $i $j done Any help is appreciated? (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: amrutha0303
24 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable increment (of some sort)

i have a variable that has more than one value. i am declaring another variable, which will have the old variable data one by one. i want to use the second variable to hold the track of all the variable it has parsed from the first one. can somebody help me how do i declare and use the second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopajitmalakar
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 4.0 increment variable

Hi there everyone! This is my first post so be gentle. I have a small bash script that is extracting 3 line every 3 lines. I got the AWK part but i cant do the loop part. #!/bin/bash export line=`awk 'END { print NR }' btnew` echo $line for i in {1..$line..3} #increment do echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theodorosGreece
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String increment in UNIX

Hi, I am able to increment numbers but unable to increment the charters in unix -AIX. Source : AAA BB CCC Increment Number : 5 OUTPUT: AAA BB CCC AAA BB CCD AAA BB CCE AAA BB CCF AAA BB CCG Thanks onesuri Please use CODE tags as required by the forum rules. I have made a wild... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment date variable

hey guys, I need to incerement the date variable for instance echo `date '+%F %H:%M:00'` this produces 2014-08-02 20:05:00 -I will grant this to : $Datehour and need to assign 1 hr from now to $Datelasthour -the script time will be used to talk to DB system information. however... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo_VERTICASQL
4 Replies
TXP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    TXP(4)

NAME
txp -- 3Com 3XP Typhoon/Sidewinder (3CR990) Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device txp Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_txp_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The txp interface provides access to the 10Mb/s and 100Mb/s Ethernet networks via the 3Com Typhoon/Sidewinder chipset. Basic Ethernet functions are provided as well as support for vlan(4) tag removal and insertion assistance, receive ip(4), tcp(4), and udp(4) checksum offloading, and transmit ip(4) checksum offloading. There is currently no support for transmit tcp(4) or udp(4) checksum offload- ing, tcp(4) segmentation, nor ipsec(4) acceleration. Each of the host's network addresses is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl(2). The txp interface employs the address resolu- tion protocol described in arp(4) to dynamically map between Internet and Ethernet addresses on the local network. When a txp interface is brought up, by default, it will attempt to auto-negotiate the link speed and duplex mode. The speeds, in order of attempt, are: 100Mb/s Full Duplex, 100Mb/s Half Duplex, 10 Mb/s Full Duplex, and 10 Mb/s Half Duplex. The txp supports several media types, which are selected via the ifconfig(8) command. The supported media types are: media autoselect Attempt to autoselect the media type (default) media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex Use 100baseTX, full duplex media 100baseTX [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 100baseTX, half duplex media 10baseT mediaopt full-duplex Use 10baseT, full duplex media 10baseT [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 10baseT, half duplex HARDWARE
The txp driver supports the following cards: o 3Com 3CR990-TX-95 o 3Com 3CR990-TX-97 o 3Com 3cR990B-TXM o 3Com 3CR990SVR95 o 3Com 3CR990SVR97 o 3Com 3cR990B-SRV SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), inet(4), intro(4), ip(4), miibus(4), tcp(4), udp(4), vlan(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The txp driver first appeared in OpenBSD 2.9. BSD
March 12, 2009 BSD