Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] Permutation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Permutation Post 302757547 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 17th of January 2013 04:19:33 PM
Old 01-17-2013
Try this:

Code:
awk '
{
   k[NR]=$1" "$2
   for(i=3;i<=NF;i++) C[NR,i]=$i
   m=i>m?i:m
}
END {
  srand();
  for(i=2;i<=NR;i++) {
     for(j=3;j<m;j++) {
        L=2+int(rand()*(NR-1))
        T=C[L,j]
        C[L,j]=C[i,j]
        C[i,j]=T
     }
  }
  for(i=1;i<=NR;i++) {
      printf "%s", k[i]
      for(j=1;j<m;j++)
             printf " %s", C[i,j]
          printf "\n"
        }
}
' file.txt

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 01-17-2013 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: Formatting
This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

How To Analyze This (Cryptography Random?) Permutation...?

Hi to all of you guys, I'm new here... May this thread fits on this section. A friend of mine gave me this enigma to do, written in excel. I attach the file below, name New.xls. Enigma: There are 10^20 possibilities of tables (Table1, Table 2, Table 3, Table 4, Table 5,...), with ten rows (row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Looking for cooltst.pl[solved]

Never mind. Found what I was looking for. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: System Shock
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

[Solved] Sendmail again

Hello experts! Can someone help me to configure sendmail v8.9.3 in HP-UX 10.2? I would like to be able to send messages using an external SMTP server. I have configured the DNS - I can ping my smtp server. I dont know how to configure sendmail. In my system there is no file "sendmail.mc"...... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojciech
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arbitrary permutation and combination script

#!/bin/bash # permutation_combination.sh # Version: 2.0 # Author : YongYe <complex.invoke@gmail.com> arg0=-1 argv=${3} number=${2} eval ary=({1..${1}}) length=${#ary} percom(){ nsloop i ${1} number${2} ${3} ${4} ${5}; } invoke(){ echo $(percom ${argu} nsloop -1) prtcom $(percom... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: complex.invoke
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Crontab

Hi I need my script to run at 7:30, 7:40, 7:50 & 8:00 AM. Defined like: 30,40,50 7,8 * * * sh myscript.sh But this runs even at 8:30, 8:40, 8:50 - which I don't need.. Please advise. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Using expect

Please help me guys with this, its my first time using expect. heres what i wanted to do. inputs are in red sitescope@server:/opt/HP/SiteScope/bin> ./config_tool.sh -i console This wizard enables you you to change the ports assigned to SiteScope, move configuration data from one SiteScope... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permutation Words in awk

i have 13 different words. I need to get permutations like all combinations of this words: word1 word2 word3 word4 word5 word6 word7 word8 word9 word10 word11 word12 word13 But the combinations only should be 12 words long. Is there a fast efficient way to do this? Maybe with linux tool... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: watcherpro
1 Replies
MP3CUT(1)							   User Command 							 MP3CUT(1)

NAME
mp3cut - cut and assemble MP3 files SYNOPSIS
mp3cut [ -o outputfile ] [ -T title ] [ -A artist ] [ -N album-name ] [ -t [hh:]mm:ss[+ms]-[hh:]mm:ss[+ms] ] mp3file [[ -t ... ] mp3file1 ...] DESCRIPTION
The mp3cut utility cuts and assembles MP3 files according to the time specifications given on the command line. The mp3 output is written to the outputfile. If no outputfile is given on the command-line, the name for the outputfile is created from the name of the first mp3 file by adding output.mp3 at the end. The -t flag specifies which part of the mp3 file following it will be extracted. OPTIONS
-o outputfile Specify where the output is to be written. -T title Specify the title ID3 tag for the output file. -A artist Specify the artist ID3 tag for the output file. -N album-name Specify the album name ID3 tag for the output file. -t [hh:]mm:ss[+ms]-[hh:]mm:ss[+ms] Specify which part of the following mp3file will be included in the output file. hh = hours mm = minutes ss = seconds ms = milliseconds If the starting time is omitted, 00:00:00+00 is used as starting time. If the ending time is omitted, the end of the MP3 file is used as ending time. EXAMPLES
mp3cut -o output.mp3 -t 23:42+500-01:23:42+750 input.mp3 Cut the segment from 23 minutes, 42 seconds and 500 milliseconds to 1 hour, 23 minutes, 42 seconds and 750 milliseconds from input.mp3 and write the output to output.mp3. mp3cut -t 00:01-00:02 input1.mp3 -t -15:23 input2.mp3 -t 9:87+500- input3.mp3 Append the segments from input1.mp3, input2.mp3 and input3.mp3 and write the output to input1.output.mp3. AUTHORS
Manuel Odendahl <manuel@bl0rg.net>, Florian Wesch <dividuum@bl0rg.net> February 2005 MP3CUT(1)