Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Take 100MB worth files from 200,000 Files Post 302757461 by grep_me on Thursday 17th of January 2013 02:24:50 PM
Old 01-17-2013
Thanks Corona688.
Actually they do need all the files. In addition they need random sample files worth 100MB for their review (or whatever). I have to zip these 100MB files and put it on the server which they come pick up and review.
It is a SunOS unix system(SPARC-Enterprise-T5120).
vxfs filesystem

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help removing the prefix of more than 10,000 files

I have more than 10,000 files that all start with "raw_ddd_04_*". How can I remove the prefix on these files in a single command? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fastest way to list a file in a folder containing 800,000 files using wildcard

Hi, I have a directory with possibly around 800,000 files in it. What is the fastest way to list file(s) in this directory with a wildcard. for example would ls -1 *.abcdefg.Z or find . -name "*.abcdefg.Z" be the fastest way to find all of the files that end with .abcdefg.Z... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating 10,000 files in unix

hi all, I am an UNIX beginner. I need to create 10,000 .dat files in unix. and first file should have 10102009*1*14, second file should have 10102009*2*14, and the 10,000th file should contain 10102009*10000*14, (Comma is a must at end) The file name should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishpv_2002
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 200,000 of rows in two text files

Friends, I have two very large plain text files with pipe delimited as below. Both files are not sorted. Both files have 200,000 of rows. FName|LName|Address|HPhNumber Is perl or shell script feasible for this task? Thanks, Prashant (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppat7046
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split 200.000 files into different subfolders

Dear UNIX-Community, can help me doing 2 things in Debian 5.0? 1.) Create 100 folders Format: ./0/0, ./0/1, ./0/2, ...,./0/9, ./1/0/, ..., ./9/9 2.) Move over 200.000 files into the subdirectories according to their last digits. 12398123.dat -> ./3/2/12398123.dat 48161.dat ->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diadas
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing 000 permission files

Hi all, is there a way to list all files with 000 permission and not get "Permission denied" message? I would like to have names of all those files in one text file. At the moment, i have this " find . -type d \( -name . -o -prune \) -perm 000 > text.txt " and it is not working. Can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb2
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files having less than 200 lines

Hi All, I have some 30,000 files in one directory. The files look like this: computer networks router wire I want to remove those files which have less than 200 lines for example in the above file, the number of lines is 4. I am trying something like this: find /path/to/dir -type f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate more than 200 files

Hi, I have a bunch of files (around 500) with the .log extension and each having a different name. Is there an easy way to concatenate them all into a single file? I've tried: cat *.log > complete.log and it seems that files are overlapping each other...thus the new file is not complete.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
2 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipsplit - split a zipfile into smaller zipfiles SYNOPSIS
zipsplit [-t] [-i] [-p] [-s] [-n size] [-r room] [-b path] [-h] [-q] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to split. OPTIONS
-t Report how many files it will take, but don't make them. -i Make index (zipsplit.idx) and count its size against first zip file. -n size Make zip files no larger than "size" (default = 36000). -r room Leave room for "room" bytes on the first disk (default = 0). -b path Use path for the output zip files. -p Pause between output zip files. -s Do a sequential split even if it takes more zip files. -h Show a short help. -q Suppress some informational messages. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipsplit reads a zipfile and splits it into smaller zipfiles. EXAMPLES
To be filled in. BUGS
Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)