Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to change crontab output from console to email? Post 302757423 by vbe on Thursday 17th of January 2013 12:53:46 PM
Old 01-17-2013
To do what you want the eays way would be :
Write a script that does what you want, then in your cron file:
Code:
00,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * Yourscript >\
 /whereyouwant_logs/yourscript.log  2>&1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Console Title

Hello. I am trying to figure out how to change the title of my console window. I don't need it to dynamically change with my current directory. I just want to be able to change the name of it, so when I minimize the window I can see which windows are for what purpose. I've tried using the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: medmonson
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

console message from Crontab run

I run my nightly backup thru a crontab job. Is there any way to get the message to mount a new tape to the console? Currently it appears to go to an email. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixhelp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab change and email notification

Hey guys Just need some help with crontab.Iam looking for a script that will alert particular user about its change through sendmail.We are using bash here. --CoolKid (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Crontab email issue

Hi, I have a script that sends a db extract file as an email attachment. I have a crontab created to run it everyday at 8 am.. 00 08 * * * ksh /home/rtaaa/tbasd/report.sh > /home/rtaaa/tbasd/logs/report.log When i just run the "ksh /home/rtaaa/tbasd/report.sh >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryannam
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the window size of Linux console in VMware?

The console's window size in VMware is too small. How can I change it? I mean changing the window size of pseudo terminals such as tty1, not the kde desktop. I think it may be connected to resolution.But changing resolution in the menu.lst of grub doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vic005
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab issue: getting email but with out body

I have a oracle sh script test.sh #!/bin/bash R=`sqlplus -S *****/*********@dfsdf <<ENDOFSQL set serveroutput on size unlimited; execute DBMS_SNAPSHOT.REFRESH( '"MIS_ADMIN"."MV_SURVEY_UNITS_CENSUS"','F'); execute DBMS_SNAPSHOT.REFRESH( '"MIS_ADMIN"."MV_SURVEY_UNITS_CENSUS_PART"','F');... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkia6
1 Replies

8. Solaris

No Console Output

Hey everyone I have a sparc enterprise T2000 I'm trying to install solaris 10 on. The only way I can connect to it is the SER MGT console, but I'm not getting anything to display (in Hyper terminal, or PUTTY) when I boot it. Upon googleing, all I get back is "No output may have been generated.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change banner message for console login?

Hi All, Whenever I login to server via console, after providing username (root) it displays a banner message. I want to remove this message Serverabc : root Welcome to Server !!! Password: It is Centos 5.4 box. I have checked /etc/issue and /etc/motd. It does not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting email output in single line with out space in email

I have tried below email method and i am getting every thing in single line . i have put echo to provide space, but it is not helping my code ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO" echo "CC: $CC" echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo 'Content-Type: multipart/mixed;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
6 Replies
DBILOGSTRIP(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   DBILOGSTRIP(1p)

NAME
dbilogstrip - filter to normalize DBI trace logs for diff'ing SYNOPSIS
Read DBI trace file "dbitrace.log" and write out a stripped version to "dbitrace_stripped.log" dbilogstrip dbitrace.log > dbitrace_stripped.log Run "yourscript.pl" twice, each with different sets of arguments, with DBI_TRACE enabled. Filter the output and trace through "dbilogstrip" into a separate file for each run. Then compare using diff. (This example assumes you're using a standard shell.) DBI_TRACE=2 perl yourscript.pl ...args1... 2>&1 | dbilogstrip > dbitrace1.log DBI_TRACE=2 perl yourscript.pl ...args2... 2>&1 | dbilogstrip > dbitrace2.log diff -u dbitrace1.log dbitrace2.log DESCRIPTION
Replaces any hex addresses, e.g, 0x128f72ce with "0xN". Replaces any references to process id or thread id, like "pid#6254" with "pidN". So a DBI trace line like this: -> STORE for DBD::DBM::st (DBI::st=HASH(0x19162a0)~0x191f9c8 'f_params' ARRAY(0x1922018)) thr#1800400 will look like this: -> STORE for DBD::DBM::st (DBI::st=HASH(0xN)~0xN 'f_params' ARRAY(0xN)) thrN perl v5.12.3 2011-05-06 DBILOGSTRIP(1p)