Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - output comming strange: for operator ~ and == . Post 302757419 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 17th of January 2013 12:52:51 PM
Old 01-17-2013
start loop at i=1
This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange output from grep

Hi, I am getting different output for grep depending which directory I am in. The following is a transcript of my session, I am using egrep but have also used grep -E. The directory names have been changed for security: $pwd /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 $echo 000000 |egrep -v $echo $? 1 $cd ..... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange output

I had a similar script in solaris and it had no problem. I wrote this one in freeBSD and it gave me strange output. Can anyone please tell me why? thanks a lot #!/bin/sh #This is a shell script that checks file system capacity mounted on /home directory #If file system is over 90% capacity,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k2k
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Strange df output on solaris 9

Hi all, After deleting some large log files on solaris 9 machine I can see strange df output shows below /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 45G 16384E 50G 39879076698694% / I thought it will back to normal once I restart it but did not. I have seen in sunsolve article 6362734 that "Solaris 8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekar333
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl:Very strange output!!

Hi, I using tcl script to perform certain conditions. Part of the results should have average . I couldn't figure out what 's the cause as the result of the average is Zero. Example of the case???? #!/usr/bin/tclsh set counter 500 set total 1000 puts "Total num: $total \n" puts ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strange output with du

Can someone please explain why I get two outputs with the du command? The first one gave me one. I also didn't ask for the second directory so why did it give that directory? $ du -h "/media/Part 1/Desktop/playlist" 775M /media/Part 1/Desktop/playlist $ du -h "/media/Part... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output is not comming as expected

Hi All, I am in middle of one script. I want output in the form of xls file. There are 4 fields - user name, email Id, full name, date of birth. I want these details to get in seperate columns. But, i am getting it in the single cell and as like a paragraph.:mad: Please suggest me some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agupte
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange output from find

How can I prevent find from outputting the directory name /home/xxxxxxxx/Backup/.system (which isn't even "other writable"? I am trying to search for files that are "world writable" on a shared web host using the find statement, and I want to prevent find from creating an error (because the of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange behaviour when output to terminal vs file (awk)

Hi all ! I noticed something very weird. I have a large pipe delimited file (20 fields/3,000 records) that looks like that: AAA|BBB|11111|22222|...|($NF of record 1) CCC|DDD|33333|44444|...|($NF of record 2) CCC|DDD|55555|66666|...|($NF of record 3) For the lines with same 1st and 2nd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
3 Replies

10. Programming

Very strange output with casting

Hi All, I am having a strange issue. Below is the code snippet. If I print fraction * (double)::pow((double)10,scalingFactor) which is a double I am getting 154 when I type cast that to int as (int)( ((fraction) * ((double)::pow((double)10,scalingFactor)))) it is becoming 153. Not sure why... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
0 Replies
JOIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [ options ] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Join forms, on the standard output, a join of the two relations specified by the lines of file1 and file2. If file1 is `-', the standard input is used. File1 and file2 must be sorted in increasing ASCII collating sequence on the fields on which they are to be joined, normally the first in each line. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 that have identical join fields. The output line normally con- sists of the common field, then the rest of the line from file1, then the rest of the line from file2. Fields are normally separated by blank, tab or newline. In this case, multiple separators count as one, and leading separators are dis- carded. These options are recognized: -an In addition to the normal output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file n, where n is 1 or 2. -e s Replace empty output fields by string s. -jn m Join on the mth field of file n. If n is missing, use the mth field in each file. -o list Each output line comprises the fields specifed in list, each element of which has the form n.m, where n is a file number and m is a field number. -tc Use character c as a separator (tab character). Every appearance of c in a line is significant. SEE ALSO
sort(1), comm(1), awk(1) BUGS
With default field separation, the collating sequence is that of sort -b; with -t, the sequence is that of a plain sort. The conventions of join, sort, comm, uniq, look and awk(1) are wildly incongruous. JOIN(1)