Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match pattern and get lines numbers in a vector Post 302757179 by dimcick on Thursday 17th of January 2013 07:03:56 AM
Old 01-17-2013
it worked perfectly!
thanks a lot!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a pattern and copy above two lines

Dear experts, i want to search pattern tre and copy this line and above two lines in a seperate file:: Thanks for the help SEV="MAJOR": RX-TX HW-FAILURE DOMAIN="alcomc2_BSS_20 unit-type % bts nbr % 24 SBL-type % tre nbr % 4 subnb % 255 BR, Danish (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retrieve lines that match a pattern

Hi, I would like to know how can I get lines from a text file that match no more than 2 '>'. Example: Input file: a >cr1 4 a>b b>c a >cr2 5 a>b Output file: a >cr2 5 a>b Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines before and after pattern match

I am using Solaris, I want to print 3 lines before pattern match pattern 5 lines after pattern match Pattern is abcd to be searched in a.txt. Looking for the solution in sed/awk/perl. Thanks .. Input File a.txt: ================= 1 2 3 abcd 4 5 6 7 8 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting lines that match pattern

I have a file of 1.3 millions lines. some are with the same word twice on the line, some line have two diffrent words. each line has two words, one in brackets. example: foo (foo) bar (bar) thae (awvd) beladf (vswvw) I am sure this can be done with one line of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines that do not match the pattern

I need to print the lines that do not match a pattern. I tried using grep -v and sed -n '/pattern/!p', but both of them are not working as I am passing the pattern as variable and it can be null some times. Example ........ abcd...... .........abcd...... .........abcd......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunny1234
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : match only the pattern string , not letters or numbers after that.

Hi Experts, I am finding difficulty to get exact match: file OPERATING_SYSTEM=HP-UX LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3" IP_ADDRESS="10.53.52.241" SUBNET_MASK="255.255.255.192" BROADCAST_ADDRESS="" INTERFACE_STATE="" DHCP_ENABLE=0 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3:1"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines that match a pattern

Hi all, I got a file that contains the following content, Actually it is a part of the file content, Installing XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 (1%) Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 (96%) Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashyap
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing next 6 lines from of pattern match

Hi, i have a big file having many opcodes. if (opcode="01110000000100000000" ) then --fadd result.opcode := "01110000000100000000"; result.s0 := '1'; result.s1 := '1'; result.s2 := '0'; result.inst := '0'; result.scalar := '1';... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)