Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match pattern and get lines numbers in a vector Post 302757175 by dimcick on Thursday 17th of January 2013 06:56:57 AM
Old 01-17-2013
Thank you radoulov. for your reply.
Can you please explain a bit, the code meaning, because it only displays only the last match and not all of them, so I can modify it accordingly.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a pattern and copy above two lines

Dear experts, i want to search pattern tre and copy this line and above two lines in a seperate file:: Thanks for the help SEV="MAJOR": RX-TX HW-FAILURE DOMAIN="alcomc2_BSS_20 unit-type % bts nbr % 24 SBL-type % tre nbr % 4 subnb % 255 BR, Danish (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retrieve lines that match a pattern

Hi, I would like to know how can I get lines from a text file that match no more than 2 '>'. Example: Input file: a >cr1 4 a>b b>c a >cr2 5 a>b Output file: a >cr2 5 a>b Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines before and after pattern match

I am using Solaris, I want to print 3 lines before pattern match pattern 5 lines after pattern match Pattern is abcd to be searched in a.txt. Looking for the solution in sed/awk/perl. Thanks .. Input File a.txt: ================= 1 2 3 abcd 4 5 6 7 8 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting lines that match pattern

I have a file of 1.3 millions lines. some are with the same word twice on the line, some line have two diffrent words. each line has two words, one in brackets. example: foo (foo) bar (bar) thae (awvd) beladf (vswvw) I am sure this can be done with one line of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines that do not match the pattern

I need to print the lines that do not match a pattern. I tried using grep -v and sed -n '/pattern/!p', but both of them are not working as I am passing the pattern as variable and it can be null some times. Example ........ abcd...... .........abcd...... .........abcd......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunny1234
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : match only the pattern string , not letters or numbers after that.

Hi Experts, I am finding difficulty to get exact match: file OPERATING_SYSTEM=HP-UX LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3" IP_ADDRESS="10.53.52.241" SUBNET_MASK="255.255.255.192" BROADCAST_ADDRESS="" INTERFACE_STATE="" DHCP_ENABLE=0 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3:1"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines that match a pattern

Hi all, I got a file that contains the following content, Actually it is a part of the file content, Installing XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 (1%) Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 (96%) Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashyap
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing next 6 lines from of pattern match

Hi, i have a big file having many opcodes. if (opcode="01110000000100000000" ) then --fadd result.opcode := "01110000000100000000"; result.s0 := '1'; result.s1 := '1'; result.s2 := '0'; result.inst := '0'; result.scalar := '1';... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_StringMatch(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(str, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(str, pattern, flags) ARGUMENTS
const char *str (in) String to test. const char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int flags (in) OR-ed combination of match flags, currently only TCL_MATCH_NOCASE. 0 specifies a case-sensitive search. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the string match Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by passing TCL_MATCH_NOCASE), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.5 Tcl_StringMatch(3)