Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Build Linux Desktop ?
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Build Linux Desktop ? Post 302756959 by bakunin on Wednesday 16th of January 2013 09:48:13 PM
Old 01-16-2013
In one of my last projects i had to use MS-software. I ended up saving an image of the preinstalled Windows from the Laptop, installed Fedora, installed Virtual Box, then fed the Virtual Box the image file of the disk as virtual hard disk.

This way i had an original company-compliant machine (virtual) and still a working environment. I have zero tolerance when i am expected to work on a daily basis from Putty sessions or similar nonsense.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Desktop of linux server

Hi, How to get desktop of linux server in windows using putty or any other software (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

2. Linux

Best Linux desktop distro

I hate the fact that my first post is this. Anyhow, I've been using Linux distros such as Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, openSUSE, and a few others for quite some time now. I've never had a problem with any distro, thus saying that they were all good in my opinion. I've been reading a lot on different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vex
2 Replies

3. Linux

Linux Shared Library build question...

I'm a bit new to Linux systems programming. I've been programming at the systems level for over 20 years on various other platforms, but I'm not as familiar with the GCC toolchain as I'd like to be (but I'm learning quickly)...;)... Our target is an ARM-based Linux Embedded system. We're using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcossette
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Linux Desktop vs Windows 8

Any comments on this Windows 8 OEM specs may block Linux booting | ITworld (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
16 Replies

5. BSD

Which UNIX / Linux to build a new machine with?

Is freeBSD a good choice for new Unix machine? I want to get back into Unix / Linux. System would be used for light scripting and file server needs. Something with nice software or hardware raid support would be good. If it could support virtual machines, kind of like VMWare's ESX that would be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grips03
5 Replies

6. Linux

Linux Desktop OS

Right, I know this topic has more or less been done to death, however, I'm bringing it up again. I'm planning on moving to Linux as a full time desktop OS for my home system. I don't want to run a security distro, or anything that runs as root and just use my Windows OS in a VM when I need to use... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
11 Replies

7. Red Hat

VXVM on Linux desktop

I would like to install vmvm on linux for practice My hdd is only 1 & its a intel core i5 processor which i believe is 64 bit.. Has anyone have experience of installing it on desktop ? Or any other advice to learn it ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
3 Replies
Class::Virtual(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Class::Virtual(3pm)

NAME
Class::Virtual - Base class for virtual base classes. SYNOPSIS
package My::Virtual::Idaho; use base qw(Class::Virtual); __PACKAGE__->virtual_methods(qw(new foo bar this that)); package My::Private::Idaho; use base qw(My::Virtual::Idaho); # Check to make sure My::Private::Idaho implemented everything my @missing = __PACKAGE__->missing_methods; die __PACKAGE__ . ' forgot to implement ' . join ', ', @missing if @missing; # If My::Private::Idaho forgot to implement new(), the program will # halt and yell about that. my $idaho = My::Private::Idaho->new; # See what methods we're obligated to implement. my @must_implement = __PACKAGE__->virtual_methods; DESCRIPTION
This is a base class for implementing virtual base classes (what some people call an abstract class). Kinda kooky. It allows you to explicitly declare what methods are virtual and that must be implemented by subclasses. This might seem silly, since your program will halt and catch fire when an unimplemented virtual method is hit anyway, but there's some benefits. The error message is more informative. Instead of the usual "Can't locate object method" error, you'll get one explaining that a virtual method was left unimplemented. Subclass authors can explicitly check to make sure they've implemented all the necessary virtual methods. When used as part of a regression test, it will shield against the virtual method requirements changing out from under the subclass. Finally, subclass authors can get an explicit list of everything they're expected to implement. Doesn't hurt and it doesn't slow you down. Methods virtual_methods Virtual::Class->virtual_methods(@virtual_methods); my @must_implement = Sub::Class->virtual_methods; This is an accessor to the list of virtual_methods. Virtual base classes will declare their list of virtual methods. Subclasses will look at them. Once the virtual methods are set they cannot be undone. missing_methods my @missing_methods = Sub::Class->missing_methods; Returns a list of methods Sub::Class has not yet implemented. CAVEATS and BUGS Autoloaded methods are currently not recognized. I have no idea how to solve this. AUTHOR
Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> LEGAL
Copyright 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004 Michael G Schwern This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> SEE ALSO
Class::Virtually::Abstract perl v5.10.1 2007-10-23 Class::Virtual(3pm)